• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishermanJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Perhaps it has something to do with rights enumerated within the Constitution that cannot should not be overridden by laws.

Driving is a privilege not covered by the Constitution but rather governed by laws.

Someone in the military that long should be used to following orders (get out of the vehicle) even if the orders don't make sense.
    Do you believe that the police should have the authority to act in the manner seen in the video?

I dont. Just because someone is say, "used to taking orders" shouldn't mean you blindly follow any orders given. Such as dipping your hands out of sight to get out of your car while at gunpoint simultaneously being told to keep your hands visible - for a **traffic stop.**

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    It would certainly help if ISP and cities would stop using unmarked cars for traffic stops.

Fort Wayne has a black Silverado they use; it's really hard to know if it's legit.
    I used to travel I-74 between Indianapolis and Batesville every day and saw pickups and Dodge Chargers making traffic stops, it got so that I could spot them a mile away as the saying goes. But yeah, at night how can you be sure.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    They conducted a felony stop for someone who refused to pull over. What's the problem?

What I don't understand is people who have guns pointed at them and still seem to believe that doing as they're ordered is optional and they can somehow argue their way out of it. :dunno:
    Key Term: Felony Stop! The cops have computers in their vehicles and, most of the time, they know who they're pulling over or at least who's vehicle it is when they pull the vehicle over!
    The failure to stop relatively immediately, heightened the officer's response to the situation and, a lack of cooperation with consistent instructions escalated the situation to the point where it became nasty or painful for the individual not cooperating!
    Most issues, except felony stops, can be resolved peacefully, through conversation, as long as one allows the officer to conduct their business (aka, do their job) and then work to engage in conversation with the officer, while making it a point NOT to disrespect the officer!
    A Lieutenant in the military should know how to obey orders and respond accordingly or interact responsibly with law enforcement!
    Too many want to turn everything into a race issue when it's not to begin with!

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I sit in amazement when an officer tells a suspect to (for instance) drop the knife or drop the gun or whatever and the suspect refuses to do so, he's setting himself up to be harmed, maybe fatally, I just don't understand why they do it.

And then the police are blamed for their actions. Now I have seen officers do some downright dumb things and you wonder why but if you refuse to comply your just asking for it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And at night with their headlights glaring at you it is impossible to know.
    Especially when they deliberately shine their search lights in your mirrors.

Things like this done in the name of officer safety are often the foundation under the opinions if some who don't give a damn whether the officer makes it home or not.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I sit in amazement when an officer tells a suspect to (for instance) drop the knife or drop the gun or whatever and the suspect refuses to do so, he's setting himself up to be harmed, maybe fatally, I just don't understand why they do it.

And then the police are blamed for their actions. Now I have seen officers do some downright dumb things and you wonder why but if you refuse to comply your just asking for it.
    Deer in the headlights. Brains freeze sometimes.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The solution to the increasing dangers that police officers find themselves in is to have patrol cars armed, armored, controlled by AI and the contractor harshly spoken to for the innocent dead and burning vehicles.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Especially when they deliberately shine their search lights in your mirrors.

Things like this done in the name of officer safety are often the foundation under the opinions if some who don't give a damn whether the officer makes it home or not.
    That's like saying only black lives matter.

And when people pointed out that all lives matter they were shouted down.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I've been pulled over on the highway plenty and I just get over as soon, as far, and as neatly as I can. If they want me to do something else, they'll let me know. I do try not to drive on the shoulder any more than I must because I don't want a flat tire. So, I will signal my intent and slow down in the traffic lane as much as I can if it's possible to do so. So... Maybe down to like 20-30mph before I pull off.

In town, I do what I can to stop under a street light or I might pull off if there is an immediate place to do so, then stop.

I also would show my hands and get out of the car if asked... I think that was the big problem here.
    The state trooper that shot and killed the man working on a car from Linden a couple years ago berated me for going 100 yards to a gravel lot on 231. That was before the Linden incident

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    ???????????? Please explain, I haven't had my coffee yet.
    Jessica Whitaker.
    Walking downtown is about as dangerous as playing basketball with 150 people around or going to a roller skating rink.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Google map the BP in Windsor, VA.

There were literally a dozen other well-lit parking lots at 6:30 pm on a Saturday night in either direction.

This was not his first opportunity to safely pull over... nor second... nor third...

Dude is full of ****!

I am not a fan of cops pulling their guns on traffic stops, but this one, IMO, it was justified.

Did anyone count how many times he was ordered to put his hands out of the window? (all while his foot is on the brake) How many times to get out of the car?

"You made this way more difficult than it needed to be!"
    ^^^ extreme understatement ^^^

Top Bottom