• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He's basically saying that we as collective responsible gun owners should take responsibility for preventing deranged individuals from abusing and highjacking our rights.

In other words "hey all you responsible gun owners, deranged individuals are abusing and hijacking your rights. What are you gonna do about it?"
    Uh. Well. I don’t know if this is related to the responsibility owed by gun owners as a collective but, uh, I’ve kinda had my eye on a CZ Shadow 2 in urban grey. I promise to handle it safely and not shoot anyone that don’t need shot with it.

Is that responsible enough for Matt? :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Uh. Well. I don’t know if this is related to the responsibility owed by gun owners as a collective but, uh, I’ve kinda had my eye on a CZ Shadow 2 in urban grey. I promise to handle it safely and not shoot anyone that don’t need shot with it.

Is that responsible enough for Matt? :dunno:
    No.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Some info I just read the chief didn't have a radio, he wanted to keep both hands free for his gun. So supposedly he didn't know about the 911 calls. I'm calling BS on that. There were plenty of other officers around that he would have either heard it over their radios or they would have told him. Heck one of his officers got a call from his wife who said the other teacher was dead and she was shot. Not to mention if your scene commander you kinda need a way to communicate with everyone. They went in twice and the scum shot at them through the door so they backed off. They had 7 officers in the building within minutes of the scum going in.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

McConaughey's ideas on nurturing required responsibility. It is the responsibility of gun owners to restore "responsible gun ownership" in the short term to preserve our rights. Things like:

Universal background checks
    Raising the age to 21 to purchase an "assault weapon"
    Red flag laws should be the law of the land
    National waiting period

Safe storage

He started out on the right track in the article about things like addressing mental health issues, school safety, the prevalence of sensationalized media coverage and the decaying state of American values which he says are all long-term issues that need to be addressed but there isn't time to do it now so in the interim. we need to focus on "restoring responsible gun ownership" Suggesting that we are not being responsible gun owners if we do not make compromises on a few "reasonable" measures in the short term while addressing the aforementioned long-term issues.

Addressing "long-term issues" are what the Republicans have been wanting to focus on for a long time. They want to address core issues.

The problem is Democrats never want to address those issues and subsequently societal issues get worse and worse leading to more violence.

Instead, they opt to blame everything on the guns without addressing the core issues. IMO neglecting those issues for so long is not the responsible thing to do and has led us down the path to where we are today.
    Not one of these things would have prevented Uvalde, Buffalo, or any other incident.
    • UBCs? Shooter passed BGCs to purchase firearms at FFLs
    • Raising age to 21? Gross violation of 2A, and shooter would simply use a different "non-assault" weapon.
    • Red flag laws? They exist, and where they aren't a gross violation of constitutionally protected due process rights, they still rely on the authorities to do something about known people.
    • Waiting periods? Uvalde shooter bought at least one of his firearms longer than a "waiting period" prior to the incident.
    • Safe storage? How does this possibly stop intentional criminals?
    Trying to hold "responsible gun owners" accountable for preventing the actions of the criminal and the insane is absurd. "Gun safety" measures don't impact intentional actors. Criminals can follow every "gun safety" measure and still use firearms - safely - to commit criminal acts.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Some info I just read the chief didn't have a radio, he wanted to keep both hands free for his gun. So supposedly he didn't know about the 911 calls. I'm calling BS on that. There were plenty of other officers around that he would have either heard it over their radios or they would have told him. Heck one of his officers got a call from his wife who said the other teacher was dead and she was shot. Not to mention if your scene commander you kinda need a way to communicate with everyone. They went in twice and the scum shot at them through the door so they backed off. They had 7 officers in the building within minutes of the scum going in.
    I'm hearing (WIBC) in reference to this article the Police Chief in question (caps lock appropriate here) DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS THE ON-SCENE COMMANDER (C2, Command and Control, it is a thing. It's an important thing.) and didn't have a radio SO HE COULD USE HIS GUN. Is this 1955 and the radio weighs 10 pounds?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There were responsible gun owners at the scene who tried to do something about criminal misuse if the Second Amendment; the police stopped them.
    My idea as a responsible gun owner of dealing with a deranged individual hijacking and abusing Second Amendment rights by killing innocents is to exercise MY Second Amendment right to defend myself and my family by trying like hell to put a bullet thru their evil brain pan.

If I use an AR as my weapon of choice to carry it out, then that should be my right to do so.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm hearing (WIBC) in reference to this article the Police Chief in question (caps lock appropriate here) DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS THE ON-SCENE COMMANDER (C2, Command and Control, it is a thing. It's an important thing.) and didn't have a radio SO HE COULD USE HIS GUN. Is this 1955 and the radio weighs 10 pounds?
    He didn't know? He was the one giving the ****ing orders.

And that's the supposed reason. That is if he actually didn't have it. He did supposedly call on his cell phone for backup and gear and keys to get in the door. Is it just me? Or do others think that maybe, just maybe that's one of the things school officers would be carrying? Keys to get in the doors.

Saw another article where the shootee's brother said he figured this was probably a suicide by cop situation.
    Quite possible.

Reactions: KG1

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He's the ****ing Chief of Police, who else would he think would be scene commander once he showed up unless he designated someone else?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The chief gave an interview and the news has an interview with the person who interviewed him.

Anyway, he didn’t give orders, he gave suggestions and says he never took command. Of course he didn’t “take” command it was his I t he first place by virtue of it being his jurisdiction and him being the chief.

What a coward, he deserves everything he gets and I hope he ends up out of a job and penniless if prison doesn’t happen.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He wanted to keep both hands free for his gun? Really? For what? To stroke it while the shooter is still active? :rolleyes:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Closed door hearing happened in tx on Thursday. Reports coming out of that say chief and others on scene knew there were kids alive in the room.

at least 3 died en route or pretty much as soon as they got to hospital, they could have been saved if cops hadnt delayed.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Closed door hearing happened in tx on Thursday. Reports coming out of that say chief and others on scene knew there were kids alive in the room.

at least 3 died en route or pretty much as soon as they got to hospital, they could have been saved if cops hadnt delayed.

This **** gets worse and worse. It's almost as if they were encouraging the massacre.

Why?

Top Bottom