U.S. Military trains with local police to suppress "Zombie Invasion" in the U.S.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    U.S. Marines, Navy special ops, soldiers, local civilian police, and firefighters are teaming up for suppressing a "zombie invasion" in America. This will take place in San Diego on October 31.

These events are basically an excuse to practice martial law, give soldiers some practice in policing the homeland, and get local police departments warmed up to the idea.

Marines, police prep for mock zombie invasion - Yahoo! News
    "No one knows what the zombies will do in our scenario, but quite frankly no one knows what a terrorist will do," Barker said. "If a law enforcement officer sees a zombie and says, 'Freeze, get your hands in the air!' What's the zombie going to do? He's going to moan at you. If someone on PCP or some other psychotic drug is told that, the truth is he's not going to react to you."

The keynote speaker beforehand will be a retired top spook — former CIA Director Michael Hayden.

"No doubt when a zombie apocalypse occurs, it's going to be a federal incident, so we're making it happen," Barker said.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwKSJQI3tco

532557_460607363976770_1621579857_n.png

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Here we go again.

I understand that it is completely, 2000% outside the realm of possibility that anyone would ever consider invading US soil (including zombies, China as well as aliens) but should something like that happen it might aid in repelling the attack if those who have the willingness to fight for this country have a ****ing clue as to what others who are willing to fight for this country might do in said situation.

Contrary to popular belief by some, particularly some found posting on gun forums, should something like that occur you will not magically transform into Jason Bourne and save the world. Someone(s) will step up to take care of it. I'd prefer that they be well trained and prepared for the job as I derive no joy from the thought of getting my brains sucked out of my nose by an alien with 17 heads provided I was comfortable that the storm troopers of death weren't allowed to do anything I was able to twist into a conspiracy.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Here we go again.

I understand that it is completely, 2000% outside the realm of possibility that anyone would ever consider invading US soil (including zombies, China as well as aliens) but should something like that happen it might aid in repelling the attack if those who have the willingness to fight for this country have a ****ing clue as to what others who are willing to fight for this country might do in said situation.

Contrary to popular belief by some, particularly some found posting on gun forums, should something like that occur you will not magically transform into Jason Bourne and save the world. Someone(s) will step up to take care of it. I'd prefer that they be well trained and prepared for the job as I derive no joy from the thought of getting my brains sucked out of my nose by an alien with 17 heads provided I was comfortable that the storm troopers of death weren't allowed to do anything I was able to twist into a conspiracy.

I must say, you have gotten a good bit funnier with your posts these days. That second paragraph is comedy gold, my friend.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Here we go again.

:orly:

I feel safer already

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Here we go again.

While rambone may be a bit negative with his interpretation, I certainly wouldn't blame him for it.

We know the government isnt always perfectly benign.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    “A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty,”

-James Madison

standing military force ------- check
    overgrown executive --------- check

Pardon us our suspicions.

At what point is it ok to voice our concern? Shall we wait until they are rounding up political enemies?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Oh, please carry on. I'm not trying to interfere with anyone accusing every police officer and member of our armed forces of conspiring to take away our freedom to eat peanut butter on our pancakes. I'm simply disagreeing.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Oh, please carry on. I'm not trying to interfere with anyone accusing every police officer and member of our armed forces of conspiring to take away our freedom to eat peanut butter on our pancakes. I'm simply disagreeing.

Well as long as the warning is duly noted. You cant say we didnt warn you.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well as long as the warning is duly noted. You cant say we didnt warn you.

I'm one of the accused yet strangely I have no plans of herding citizens into "FEMA camps", rationing their underwear or moving into your spare bedroom. I will admit though that before reading these threads here on INGO I was a robot. I spoke completely monotone, had a 1000 yard stare at all times, was incapable of rational thought and would have followed any order given to me by a ranking officer or especially by someone wearing a military uniform. Now I'm all better though.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Here we go again.

So... is that to say citizens are incapable of warding off an attack or helping in such action?!?

American history and heritage has long proven otherwise. Why is it that statements such as these (often coming from LEOs) are dealt out with some level of condescension towards citizens?

Yeah, "everyone on the internet is a tuff guy" but really that's a "cop out" (excuse the pun) in this context because it is and always has been a part of American culture to band together in times of need. Everything from the revolution to the most recent natural disasters prove that. Typically, when something is of such a nature that it threatens the majority of people the number who contribute effort to the cause grows immensely.

I understand your point in that pretty much anything the government does can be spun into a conspiracy of some sort, but does that inherently mean there is absolutely NO possible credibility OR POSSIBILITY of such theories being at all true? Of course not.

The only fact is that we, as humans, never really know what the true intentions of others are. That's why it's important as a community of citizens to ask questions, seek the truth, not just assume whatever is being fed to us is the truth, and be CRITICAL THINKERS (don't take everything for face value.)

Whether there is any truth to such conspiracies, nobody will ever know...at least not until it's too late. Regardless, that's not cause for assuming citizens who currently dawn a uniform are any better than those who chose a different career path. I know numerous men who dawn NO uniform now, that did previously and have FAR more experience/training than a vast majority of LE (and I know MANY of them as well) or citizens....but now that they've begun other careers in the last couple years they should "stand down" and let the "professionals" do their "job?!?"

The nation's security is not strictly placed onto the shoulders of those who bear a uniform. It is every citizen's RIGHT and RESPONSIBILITY to ensure the survival of liberty for our children and theirs. My ancestors have fought in every major war the US has been involved in, including significant contributors to the revolution efforts. I'm sure that they, just as I am, would be appalled at comments/ideologies such as these which draw lines in the sand between citizens who are willing to take part in such a fight.

A uniform doesn't make someone "Jason Bourne" anymore than an internet forum...:twocents: It just means they chose a different career. Security of liberty is EVERYONE's job regardless of profession.

I swore an oath to the people, the Constitution, and that which it stands for and that is where my allegiance lies...not necessarily those who control its government. Power corrupts indeed, and there is nowhere in the world that there is more power than within the ranks of our government.

“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...” ~Thomas Jefferson

NOTE: This is not meant to be a personal attack against you. I understand your point, but I cannot agree with the ideology that simply being one's job makes them any more qualified to defend our lands and/or help in times of need.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm one of the accused yet strangely I have no plans of herding citizens into "FEMA camps", rationing their underwear or moving into your spare bedroom. I will admit though that before reading these threads here on INGO I was a robot. I spoke completely monotone, had a 1000 yard stare at all times, was incapable of rational thought and would have followed any order given to me by a ranking officer or especially by someone wearing a military uniform. Now I'm all better though.
    I hope ALL who bear a uniform can learn a lesson from this...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So... is that to say citizens are incapable of warding off an attack or helping in such action?!?

Not at all. I think the citizens of this country, as much or more than the military and police, have a great deal to do with precisely why it is unlikely that any country on the planet would attempt to attack US soil.

However, I believe that those tasked with protecting this country should train for the possibility of an attack. That's kind of what they get paid to do. I don't particularly want every member of the armed forces drinking beer and playing cornhole on the taxpayer's dime. Using the argument that they shouldn't train because they might use that training against citizens is ****ing ridiculous. It's the same argument the Brady Campaign uses to try to prevent you and I from owning firearms, because we might use them in a crime. Lots and lots and lots and lots of screaming goes on here about pre-crime and interfering with citizens before they have committed a crime yet some can't get enough of the mentality when an opportunity to spin a conspiracy arises.

No person, police officer, soldier, sailor, marine or airman is going to repel any focused attack on our country on their own. No collection of these people will be worth a squirt of **** if they are each acting independently and without knowledge of what the others are doing or will do. Plain and simple. Guerrilla warfare rarely results in anything but a speed bump to a determined, equipped and trained force.

I'm 150,000% in favor of everyone training to defend their homes, families, communities and country regardless of what clothing they wear.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm not trying to interfere with anyone accusing every police officer and member of our armed forces of conspiring to take away our freedom

I'm one of the accused
    Phylodog, do you have a victim complex or something? I never accused you of anything. Nor did I accuse "every" member of any agency of anything.

You seem to derive your identity from your occupation and seem to take any criticism, of any government policy, or any officer, anywhere, anytime, any place, is somehow a slap in YOUR face. I'm here to tell you that I'm NOT lumping you with any other solitary officer or law on the planet. You don't have to feel slighted by every mention of a corrupt cop or a ridiculous government policy.

If you want to disagree with me on DHS's martial law clinic, sponsored by the Military-Industrial Complex, feel free. But stop already with the violin act.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Phylodog, do you have a victim complex or something? I never accused you of anything. Nor did I accuse "every" member of any agency of anything.

You seem to derive your identity from your occupation and seem to take any criticism, of any government policy, or any officer, anywhere, anytime, any place, is somehow a slap in YOUR face. I'm here to tell you that I'm NOT lumping you with any other solitary officer or law on the planet. You don't have to feel slighted by every mention of a corrupt cop or a ridiculous government policy.

If you want to disagree with me on DHS's martial law clinic, sponsored by the Military-Industrial Complex, feel free. But stop already with the violin act.

Sure you are. You're lumping us all together. You would have no problem looking them all in the face individually and telling them that you don't believe them capable of doing unspeakable things to their countrymen but as soon as you begin addressing them as a whole everything changes.

You focus on "them" and "they" when you find these ridiculous conspiracy schemes. The fact is that "they" consist of a bunch of "me" so when you accuse them of training to take away your cookies you are accusing me and everyone else who swears an oath to defend the country while wearing a uniform.

Top Bottom