U.S. Military trains with local police to suppress "Zombie Invasion" in the U.S.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It is my understanding that it is illegal for the military to police its people. This has been found unconstitutional after the fact when it has been tried in the past. The police and the FBI are the only ones that can make war on it's people by law. That is why they want the police to train with the military. So they will have a way of doing it with in the law.

The US military can not put up a road block and search cars and people. The police can.

Some people have talked about bad police officers and bad military personal. I got a flash for you. There are bad people in every thing. That is why we have checks. That is also why there is a wall between the military and the people and one between the police and the people.

It is stated that the common person couldn't understand what the police go through. The same is stated for the military. It is my feeling that they are people just like the rest of us and should answer to the same standers that they have for us.

It is hard for me to understand what goes through a persons mind that makes them think they are above the law.

That is just like the congressmen having top of the line care that we pay for. Yet they don't want us to have the same thing. Why? I know that they are not better than me. Hell they can't do half the stuff that I can. I have paid in to a fund that was promised to take care of me when I retired. Now they are saying to bad we spent it? How can they do that? They can only do what we let them get by with.

I am just a old man that is trying to get buy. I get stopped by a man with a rifle in the middle of the night it will depend on the mood I am in whether I will go to jail, the morgue or submit. The older I get submitting becomes harder and harder. I think it has to do with knowing what is right. Being told to do some thing by a person that has no right to tell it rubs you the wrong way.

When it reaches that point, they have already quit giving a damn about the Constitution or the law to the point they are no longer even making a pretense of honoring either. At that point, the rules are completely irrelevant.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    This happened in World War 2. The United States military rounded up US citizens and put them in internment camps till after the war. There was no unrest or riots. The government decided they were a risk and put them in camps. They never saw a day in court or had charges made against them. Just a thought that they might make trouble for the USA. All of our freedoms are at risk at the whim of the government.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Didn't read all the posts, but the term "Zombie" is code for anyone that loves the Constitution. The ones that hate it, and want a new one are rising in numbers and power.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This happened in World War 2. The United States military rounded up US citizens and put them in internment camps till after the war. There was no unrest or riots. The government decided they were a risk and put them in camps. They never saw a day in court or had charges made against them. Just a thought that they might make trouble for the USA. All of our freedoms are at risk at the whim of the government.
    We've evolved past the "greatest generation." ;)

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    And there you go. If 70-80% of the military defects......

So what is there worry about here?

I could link you some Islamic youtube videos of it if you like. Syrian citizens have been slaughtered by the masses. We just don't get all the details in the states on how bloody that revolution is.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Ok, so the military is wargaming? So what?

Some bright-eyed 0-6 decided to mix things up after a rotation at the War College.

OUCH!!! / Repped
    Must have been a Carlisle guy, no self respecting Newport Grad would ever plan an exercise that even remotely furthered the addition of biohazard symbols to their beloved Sig Sauer products!

Thinks about commenting.... meanders back to Technical/Training areas where he can talk about simple things like 1911's v. Glock and how to hit a barn from the inside.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    IIRC, zombies are used because there is no one authority tasked with destroying fictional monsters (aside from gamers, but who cares what we think, right?) and so everyone from various depts etc can participate without the bureaucrats having their authoritah! violated.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I'm one of the accused yet strangely I have no plans of herding citizens into "FEMA camps", rationing their underwear or moving into your spare bedroom. I will admit though that before reading these threads here on INGO I was a robot. I spoke completely monotone, had a 1000 yard stare at all times, was incapable of rational thought and would have followed any order given to me by a ranking officer or especially by someone wearing a military uniform. Now I'm all better though.

Yes, but the question you have to ask yourself is would you herd citizens into FEMA camps if it was the only way to feed your family?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yes, but the question you have to ask yourself is would you herd citizens into FEMA camps if it was the only way to feed your family?

Especially if those citizens were portrayed in the media and by "the government" (i.e. your superiors, prosecutors, U.S Attorneys, etc.) as the bad guys, and herding them into those camps was presented as the best way to protect society?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Especially if those citizens were portrayed in the media and by "the government" (i.e. your superiors, prosecutors, U.S Attorneys, etc.) as the bad guys, and herding them into those camps was presented as the best way to protect society?

Oh yes, yes, yes. I am, after all, just a mindless robot and incapable of intelligent thought like the rest of you. I swore an oath to do whatever I'm told ya know.

Insert purple if you feel it appropriate, tighten the chinstrap on the foil if not.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Someone mentioned the debacle at Kent State somewhere upthread. It seems to me that cross training between LEO and military might just avoid a similar occurence. It might actually serve to keep a citizen from becoming a victim when the situation goes FUBAR. But what do I know?

Phylo, quit pointing that EBR at me. Makes me skittish.:D

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Oh yes, yes, yes. I am, after all, just a mindless robot and incapable of intelligent thought like the rest of you. I swore an oath to do whatever I'm told ya know.

Insert purple if you feel it appropriate, tighten the chinstrap on the foil if not.

A lot of people in a lot of countries have been exactly that over the years. And when it comes right down to it, a lot of people here would be exactly that, too. They were before, and at the time they thought they were doing the right thing for the country.

We don't say these things to be condescending or accusatory, or because our tinfoil is too tight. It's just that some of us are familiar with history and human nature and we know that each and every last one of us is capable of atrocity in the right situation.

Calling it tinfoil hattery does not change that fact in the slightest.

This is not necessarily meant toward you specifically, so please don't take it that way, but a lot of people took the oath, and then did what they were told because of how it was presented to them. Kudos to you if you'd stand up and say "no, I won't help send a bunch of Japanese (or whoever else) to internment camps" , and you're willing to pay the price for standing up, whatever that price might be. That's the best any of us could hope for in a situation like that, from anyone.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I'll go with the purple. You are a good officer (in the sense of honoring your oath as well as working hard at doing your job well) and an honorable man. Unfortunately, I have met plenty of LEOs that would salivate at the notion of having their job morph into something more reminiscent of the Gestapo than of law enforcement proper for a free republic.

This leaves me with the question of how to react to law enforcement in the event of SHTF. You see a strange LEO. He is either going to be your best friend or your worst enemy and you don't have any way of knowing until it's too late. How do you deal with that?

Military is the same way. There are lots of good troops who would tell an officer to go to Hell for ordering him to attack American citizens. There are others (Think Kent State, Bonus Army, etc.) who would follow orders no matter what the orders may be.

In either case, it isn't like they wear different uniforms depending on whether they side with the Constitution or, as one mayor so eloquently put it, the MFIC.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    U.S. Marines, Navy special ops, soldiers, local civilian police, and firefighters are teaming up for suppressing a "zombie invasion" in America. This will take place in San Diego on October 31.

These events are basically an excuse to practice martial law, give soldiers some practice in policing the homeland, and get local police departments warmed up to the idea.

Marines, police prep for mock zombie invasion - Yahoo! News

Does this mean that they would be targeting the low information voters that supported Obama?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Does this mean that they would be targeting the low information voters that supported Obama?

I wish it were so, but have no doubt that the choice of this enemy is merely a means to desensitize the troops to the idea of turning on the domestic population. After all, fighting in an exercise against mythical undead creatures is a far easier sell than people who look like the neighbors. I would anticipate that the 'zombies' will get progressively less fictional and more real as the training progresses if it isn't shut down completely until it finally reaches the point that no such pretense is made at all.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Want to see where we're headed? Claire Wolfe and Aaron Zelman predicted it a few years ago.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/RebelFire-Gray-Zone-Claire-Wolfe/dp/0964230488"]RebelFire: Out of the Gray Zone: Claire Wolfe, Aaron Zelman: 9780964230484: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Some years back there was a study where people were asked to give a person in a other room a jolt if they answered the question wrong by pushing a button. The man in charge would ask the question then tell person to push the button or not.

Only about 7% walked out because they refused to do it. The rest of the people pushed the button when they were told. Though the person that pushed the button didn't see the person in the other room they could hear them screaming in pain and begging to get them to stop. As long as the man in charge told them to push the button and explained that the person in the other room would be fine they kept pushing the button.

The military is now using the information from the study.

Now I know that we think that we all are above that type of action. The only problem is that just about every day some one proves that we will still do as we are told.

A man called on the phone to a quick eatery. I can't remember witch one it was. Any way he said he was a police officer and told the manager that one of the girls was stealing from them and that she had to be searched. The manager a woman asked who it was and was told the blond one. To make a long story short the women got fired a man went to jail for ten years all because they did as they were told by a voice on the phone claiming to be a police man.

Now I find it hard to understand how this manager could have dun all this with out questioning why the police were not there. They had the girl strip down and cavity search her in the office of the fast food place.

Now if people will do this just by being told to what do you think they will do in hard times to keep them fed and warm.

Knowing that this happened in the past couple of years I don't buy that we are all that evolved from 70 years ago. When a country put 6 mil to death because they were Jews.

Lets face it we are all about one week of no food from doing what ever it takes to get a meal. We are all beasts that will kill, or do what ever thing that will get us what we need if we think we can get by with it. It is being proven every day.

Just like the bankers they didn't do what they did because they needed the money. They did it because they thought they could get away with it and they did. Not one of them went to jail or was made give the money back.

Last edited:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll go with the purple. You are a good officer (in the sense of honoring your oath as well as working hard at doing your job well) and an honorable man. Unfortunately, I have met plenty of LEOs that would salivate at the notion of having their job morph into something more reminiscent of the Gestapo than of law enforcement proper for a free republic.

This leaves me with the question of how to react to law enforcement in the event of SHTF. You see a strange LEO. He is either going to be your best friend or your worst enemy and you don't have any way of knowing until it's too late. How do you deal with that?

Military is the same way. There are lots of good troops who would tell an officer to go to Hell for ordering him to attack American citizens. There are others (Think Kent State, Bonus Army, etc.) who would follow orders no matter what the orders may be.

In either case, it isn't like they wear different uniforms depending on whether they side with the Constitution or, as one mayor so eloquently put it, the MFIC.

Here is the problem, manpower. We only have 2.5 million members of the military to include reserves (and Guard). There are only 850,000 LEOs at all levels. yet we have a population of 300 million. If the military and LEOs tried to crack down the public would overwhelm them.

Just think of sending the military into the inner city. The press would be in full attack mode, preachers would be protesting and the military might be outgunned. And I doubt that many blacks or Hispanics in the military would fight. So what makes you think that they could do anything on a grander scale?

If you folks dislike what happened at Kent State, think of how that incident is viewed by the left. I really doubt that anyone on the left has the balls to even use the military anyway.

Top Bottom