• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    To me it is ALL about who has the power in the relationship…
    Could be as long as CfG remains a subordinate support organization and doesn't expect any globalist type concessions in exchange for their support.

The thing that still sticks in my craw though about an affiliation is as a globalist leaning organization which they are heavily criticized for being it doesn't congeal with AF principles.

Supposedly under AF charter anything that doesn't do so is to be cast aside in any other situation. My question is why is acceptable to be affiliated with them now when they are clearly not all in on AF?

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Could be as long as CfG remains a subordinate support organization and doesn't expect any globalist type concessions in exchange for their support.

The thing that still sticks in my craw though about an affiliation is that as a globalist leaning organization that they are heavily criticized for being it doesn't congeal with AF principles.

Supposedly under AF charter anything that doesn't do so is to be cast aside in any other situation. My question is why is acceptable to be affiliated with them now when they are clearly not all in on AF?
    Winners know how to win…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Winners know how to win…
    I guess sometimes winning means that you have to dilute AF principles by getting in league with a globalist organization that is anathema. That's a bit hard to swallow in my book.

Another thing is that there was quite a bit questioning as to what degree DeSantis was AF in part because of an affiliation with a globalist organization such as CfG.

Why was it frowned upon for him to accept the support of CfG but it is okay for Trump to do so now. If anything, it does not present a good optic especially when Trump says things like they are "deeply in love". DeSantis never said anything like that about CfG.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I guess sometimes winning means that you have to dilute AF principles and get in league with a globalist organization that runs anthemia. That's a bit hard to swallow in my book.

Another thing is that there was quite a bit questioning as to what degree DeSantis was AF in part because of an affiliation with a globalist organization such as CfG.

Why was it frowned upon for him to accept the support of CfG but it is okay for Trump to do so now. If anything, it does not present a good optic especially when Trump says things like they are "deeply in love". DeSantis never said anything like that about CfG.
    Easily answered, as I have several times, it is who is the tail and who is the dog.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess sometimes winning means that you have to dilute AF principles by getting in league with a globalist organization that runs anthemia. That's a bit hard to swallow in my book.

The play is to say the power dynamics make the difference. And it does make a difference, at least a little. It gives Trump an advantage in the relationship. But I wouldn't overestimate the advantage. Why does Trump need them? Their checkbook. But their financial support can't come without some strings. Why else would they court Trump to reconcile? They made some kind of deal with him where they get something out of the relationship. I doubt they've had a sudden change of politics.

But, how does it reflect on Trump being associated with them? The biggest issue in the policies they pursue is the free trade/globalist agenda. How much of that agenda are the strings attached to?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The play is to say the power dynamics make the difference. And it does make a difference, at least a little. It gives Trump an advantage in the relationship. But I wouldn't overestimate the advantage. Why does Trump need them? Their checkbook. But their financial support can't come without some strings. Why else would they court Trump to reconcile? They made some kind of deal with him where they get something out of the relationship. I doubt they've had a sudden change of politics.

But, how does it reflect on Trump being associated with them? The biggest issue in the policies they pursue is the free trade/globalist agenda. How much of that agenda are the strings attached to?
    I guess the similarity between DeSantis and Trump when it comes to an affiliation is both were courted by CfG and not the other way around and both appear to have accepted their support probably for the same reasons.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess the similarity between DeSantis and Trump when it comes to an affiliation is both were courted by CfG and not the other way around and both appear to have accepted their support probably for the same reasons.
    No argument there other than that I do think the power dynamics are different, at least a little. With DeSantis, CFG comes to DeSantis and they have whatever their deal is. With Trump, they had a prior relationship that soured. So then CFG doesn't court Trump as a new relationship, they court him in reconciliation. So I do think that gives Trump an advantage in the relationship. It's just not as big of an advantage as maybe Mike would like to think.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Easily answered, as I have several times, it is who is the tail and who is the dog.
    Ok. I'm getting the vibe that you see the affiliation with such an organization as a good stratagem as long as you are the dog in the equation even though that organization (tail) is anathema to AF. Got it.

Here I'll even give you this one as a potential anticipated argument. I guess an argument that I can see you making would be to say that it's a brilliant move to use CfG resources to help advance AF policies.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No argument there other than that I do think the power dynamics are different, at least a little. With DeSantis, CFG comes to DeSantis and they have whatever their deal is. With Trump, they had a prior relationship that soured. So then CFG doesn't court Trump as a new relationship, they court him in reconciliation. So I do think that gives Trump an advantage in the relationship. It's just not as big of an advantage as maybe Mike would like to think.
    Whatever happened to the old adage that you are who you chose to associate/affiliate with?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My takeaway is this. I believe that DeSantis is pretty much AF at the core as Trump is and the both of them appear to have chosen to affiliate with CfG support knowing full well what kind of fundamental organization they are.

I'm giving neither a pass for that.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Not a political person but with Trump's background could it be that he is taking them in right now to just keep them away from the dems?

Then once he is elected he can say no to whatever they ask for. Not like he can run again the next term anyhow.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That’s a bit facile though isn’t it? Both are getting something out of the deal. Trump is in the catbird’s seat as the one receiving the offer of reconciliation. It’s only on a superficial level that you can be just fine with Trump being “in love” with CFG. They’re still the same group you think is pushing a globalist agenda. But that’s okay when it’s your guy. Like I said, there has to be something in it for them and it likely has a lot to do with their agenda.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I guess sometimes winning means that you have to dilute AF principles by getting in league with a globalist organization that is anathema. That's a bit hard to swallow in my book.

IMG_0557.GIF

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So for those who say Trump doesn’t have a shot at winning…

1709560694099.png

The above is an election map given recent polling for each state. As such it’s just a snapshot. Also the polling the map is based on doesn’t reflect polling with third parties. But I think Kennedy in the mix will take more votes from Democrats than Republicans. It’s Trump’s to lose. Obviously if Trump is convicted in a way that people believe he’s guilty, he’s gonna lose. So it’s important for that not to happen.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ok. I'm getting the vibe that you see the affiliation with such an organization as a good stratagem as long as you are the dog in the equation even though that organization (tail) is anathema to AF. Got it.

Here I'll even give you this one as a potential anticipated argument. I guess an argument that I can see you making would be to say that it's a brilliant move to use CfG resources to help advance AF policies.
    I believe I said “it's a brilliant move to use CfG resources to” get elected as Trump must win beyond the margin of cheat…

Top Bottom