• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    There's some truth to this. Not completely though. I consider myself an independent in that I don't like either party, and being a joiner is just not in my nature. But I am political as ****, obviously, lol. I eat, sleep, breathe politics, unfortunately. I tend to vote Republican, even though I think most Republican candidates are trash. They're evil, but least evil. The Republican party is the only one of the two that allow sane policies to be sought. Democrats cancel their own for not being progressive enough.

But, on the other hand, I think that like you say, a lot of independents are pretentious liberals. I know some who say they're independents, but are quite friendly to Marxist ideas, and claim that they're not political while being activists for absurd climate policy.
    Yeah, a lot of my opinion has just been from personal experience, friends on FB and other places who claim to be 'independent' yet all their 'likes' etc. are CNN, MSNBC, and anything else democrat.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    The GOP has changed, just this week Paul Ryan lamented the change and Mike Pence pledged a $20 million dollar operation to change it back. Now changing out the elected positions of CoC will take a while, heck it has taken the dems near twenty years to get rid of all the blue dog Manchin types.
    So some Haley donors will drift to Pence for his grift...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, a lot of my opinion has just been from personal experience, friends on FB and other places who claim to be 'independent' yet all their 'likes' etc. are CNN, MSNBC, and anything else democrat.

I don't know how many times I've heard progressive family/coworkers complain about how things like gun control are made political as if their position is correct, and anyone who disputes it is just being political.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In a rare Sunday afternoon upcoming schedule announcement posted on the SCOTUS website it has an indication that opinions may be posted on the homepage on Mon. March 4th. @10am There will be no opinions announced from the bench on Monday. Only on the SCOTUS homepage.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has indicated it will issue rulings on Monday, one of which could be the highly anticipated decision on whether Colorado can kick former President Donald Trump off the primary ballot.

The court noted on its website on Sunday afternoon that rulings are expected.

Could possibly be the opinion for the !4th Sec 3 disqualification issue.

Supreme Court of the United States Home

1709512236525.png

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Trump says he and Club for Growth are ‘back in love’​

The former president spoke at a Club for Growth event on Friday night.

During a roughly 20-minute speech at the Club for Growth retreat, held at The Breakers resort in Palm Beach, Florida, Trump told an audience of donors that he and McIntosh, who have long maintained and hot-and-cold relationship, split over “a couple” of races during the midterm elections, but had more recently reconciled.

“We had an argument about a couple of people that you know well, and that broke us up for about a year,” he said, according to a person in the room granted anonymity to share details of the private event. “And then we had one that we mutually agreed on, which was surprising to people — a good candidate, however, who is going to win. And then we did a couple of others. And now "we’re back in love, we’re deeply in love.”

During his speech on Friday evening, Trump noted that Republican mega-donor and Club for Growth benefactor Jeff Yass, in addition to McIntosh, had called him and asked him to speak at the retreat. Should Trump win over Yass — whom Trump described as “fantastic” — it would potentially be a major financial boost to his campaign.
    Question for all of you, can you see a difference between CFG building a locomotive for a candidate to get them elected (trying to defeat Trump), and them coming to the candidate that beat them and won without them for a seat on the Trump train? To me there is a difference in the power in the two different relationships described.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Question for all of you, can you see a difference between CFG building a locomotive for a candidate to get them elected (abd defeating Trump, and them coming to the candidate that beat them and won without them for a seat on the Trump train? To me there is a difference in the power in the two different relationships described.
    No closing parenthesis....does not compute!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Question for all of you, can you see a difference between CFG building a locomotive for a candidate to get them elected (trying to defeat Trump), and them coming to the candidate that beat them and won without them for a seat on the Trump train? To me there is a difference in the power in the two different relationships described.
    Yes. It means they are not to be trusted.

But we didn't trust them anyway so the difference is more philosophical that actionable in that we would treat them the same either way.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Are
    Yes. It means they are not to be trusted.

But we didn't trust them anyway so the difference is more philosophical that actionable in that we would treat them the same either way.
    Is CFG realizing if they don’t get on the Trump train they may be left with nothing because the dems have little use for them if they are not a Trump battering ram?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Are

Is CFG realizing if they don’t get on the Trump train they may be left with nothing because the dems have little use for them if they are not a Trump battering ram?
    Yeah. A conservative group in our political environment is more aligned with Republicans than Democrats generally speaking. If Trump wing takes over party you have no harbor. Whether is 8 years of Republicans which would mean Trump and an anointed successor or Trump followed by a D or even a Biden win. You are on the outside looking in for a minimum of 4 more years. Better to be at the table than under it no matter how many eaves down you are.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    To be honest according to the article I think you have a point in that they approached Trump for a reconciliation. Trump didn't approach them.

I guess the question remaining is concerning CfG, Are they a bad organizing to be affiliated with or a good one?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah. A conservative group in our political environment is more aligned with Republicans than Democrats generally speaking. If Trump wing takes over party you have no harbor. Whether is 8 years of Republicans which would mean Trump and an anointed successor or Trump followed by a D or even a Biden win. You are on the outside looking in for a minimum of 4 more years. Better to be at the table than under it no matter how many eaves down you are.
    I like to think of it as this quote indicates. You are either at the table or on it…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think CfG aligns with democrats all that well (except, perhaps, the desire not to have Trump re-elected)

I think they are nominally libertarian because that strategy gives them the most freedom to do just whatever the **** they want, which is what billionaires are all about. They love them some open borders and global trade

I think them coming to Trump is a sign they see him pulling 47 off and they don't want to be left outside. I like to think they would be unable to back a dem but I'm just not sure. They are self serving and not America First, I can't see them wanting to see the little people gain more control/leverage

Trump should not meet with any of their representatives on March 15th

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I for one think that it will be an advantage to add their votes to a team that clearly stated they don’t need them…
    There is an appearance of confliction of opinions about CfG as an organization between a few months ago and now. Just wanted to clarify on whether its good to be affiliated with them now as opposed to a few months ago when it was not.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There is an appearance of confliction of opinions about CfG as an organization between a few months ago and now. Just wanted to clarify on whether its good to be affiliated with them now as opposed to a few months ago when it was not.
    I believe they are globalists as has been said here several times. I do not trust them, I also know Trump will co-opt them to make gains and he is on the record about his thoughts on those that opposed him. That is very different in my view compared to them running a candidate as they tried and failed…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe they are globalists as has been said here several times. I do not trust them, I also know Trump will co-opt them to make gains and he is on the record about his thoughts on those that opposed him. That is very different in my view compared to them running a candidate as they tried and failed…
    Ok just wanted to confirm if there was a change of opinion of CfG as an organization or not. I got the impression that they seem to be a bit more forgiving as far as an affiliation goes now that Trump has declared a reconciliation, and they are "deeply in love again." His words.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ok just wanted to confirm if there was a change of opinion of CfG as an organization or not. I got the impression that they seem to be a bit more forgiving as far as an affiliation goes now that Trump has declared a reconciliation and are "deeply in love again." His words.
    To me it is ALL about who has the power in the relationship…

Top Bottom