• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I want the freedom to drive on the left hand side of the road!

Government Oppression.

Shouldn't it be that the people with fragile immune systems have the freedom, themselves, to take what they consider necessary precautions while everyone else is free to do the same. Should I be required to alter my choices to make you feel safer (the general, not specifically you). If you need special precautions, upon who is it incumbent to do so?

Think of the children

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's good for *YOU*...
    What about the people that don't survive or are permanently screwed for life?

Is it 'OK' for them because it didn't happen to *YOU*?

Since immunity is partial, and relatively short term, is it 'OK' for someone to knowingly and willfully infect *YOU* over & over until you DO have serious or fatal reactions?

The two PhD researchers that contracted the virus the SECOND time didn't survive the SECOND infection,
    And they had the very cutting edge treatments, best care...

No shoes, pants, shirt, mask... No Service is a VERY good plan.
    I don't want to see you 'Junk', or catch YOUR disease!
    Just wear cloths, including a mask and we are good... It's that easy...

If not, Tom Petty had it right, "What ever you're looking for, Don't come around here no more".

Brother I could waste about 20 minutes responding to this but I know full well it would be merely white noise in your head.

Ease off of me OK. Ease off. Or I will go full on churchmouse on your ass regardless of me being staff. I can step off from that at any time because you cats are wearing my ass out. I can go right back to who I am with no issues. You can have it as you are so much wiser than I am apparently. I call :bs:

Step off.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That's good for *YOU*...

Since immunity is partial, and relatively short term, is it 'OK' for someone to knowingly and willfully infect *YOU* over & over until you DO have serious or fatal reactions?

The two PhD researchers that contracted the virus the SECOND time didn't survive the SECOND infection,

If not, Tom Petty had it right, "What ever you're looking for, Don't come around here no more".

Wearing a mask is good for *YOU*. Don’t tell me what to wear and where to wear it. If you feel so unsafe, stay home. Im not. Stop telling everyone else how to live, last I checked the constitution didn’t mention anything about being obsolete during health crisis or people being scared. If you’re such high risk you believe it’ll kill you, you should stay home. There are ways to get groceries without ever leaving the house. Telling everyone else to live a certain way because it might hurt you is the reason we have a constitution to begin with. Nobody cares about you except you, just like nobody cares about me except me. It’s your job to ensure your safety not mine. You wanna wear a mask, wear it, don’t belittle those of us who don’t buy into the bs.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's good for *YOU*...

If not, Tom Petty had it right, [STRIKE]"What ever you're looking for, Don't come around here no more"[/STRIKE] ["You believe what you want to believe. You see, you don't have to live like a refugee."]

*.*

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wearing a mask is good for *YOU*. Don’t tell me what to wear and where to wear it. If you feel so unsafe, stay home. Im not. Stop telling everyone else how to live, last I checked the constitution didn’t mention anything about being obsolete during health crisis or people being scared. If you’re such high risk you believe it’ll kill you, you should stay home. There are ways to get groceries without ever leaving the house. Telling everyone else to live a certain way because it might hurt you is the reason we have a constitution to begin with. Nobody cares about you except you, just like nobody cares about me except me. It’s your job to ensure your safety not mine. You wanna wear a mask, wear it, don’t belittle those of us who don’t buy into the bs.

THIS^

Cue the quibbling over how you/others really care some small but non-zero amount in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Shouldn't it be that the people with fragile immune systems have the freedom, themselves, to take what they consider necessary precautions while everyone else is free to do the same. Should I be required to alter my choices to make you feel safer (the general, not specifically you). If you need special precautions, upon who is it incumbent to do so?

Think of the children

Of course they need to take precautions and it's their personal responsibility but it's not always easy.

You have folks with cancer (or other diseases), they don't always have family members who can get them groceries.
    They have to go out by themselves.

And to be clear I'm not saying that you should be required to wear a mask to make me (or others) feel safe.

We're just having a polite conversation about masks.I'm in favor of them but not in favor of them being mandatory.

I have been wearing a mask for several months now but I have never asked/forced anyone to wear one for my convenience.

I 100% support your freedom to not wear a mask if you want. :yesway:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think it would have been more effective if Fauci hadn't sent the mask script to re-write so many times and if they had said "Please wear masks" and accepted whatever results they got. The tendency of some in power to want to force compliance with their every whim is counterproductive, as is Karening

I'm reminded of the case where the police sent a total of five officers, two in a boat, to apprehend someone paddle boarding in a vast, empty stretch of open ocean off of a closed California beach. No consideration about actual harm, just mindless fury that he wasn't obeying the diktats

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My issue isn’t you doing what you believe to be best for you and your family. I’m a freedom loving American, you’re free to do whatever you feel is best for you and yours. My issue is when you try to force me to do something based on what you believe is best for you and your family. I do not subscribe to your beliefs and opinions, I hold my own, and should be free to do what I believe is best for me and my family.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What’s become clear to me is we’ve got a new -ism among us. I call it mask-ism. If you’re pro-mask, a lot of you sound like you’re one of the concealed carry only people. The rhetoric is very analogous. It’s unsafe, you endanger all of us, etc... It’s not enough that you can wear a mask (conceal carry) if you want to. It’s not enough that you can do you and let other people be themselves. If you want to wear a mask, wear it. If you don’t, don’t. All the other time, quit worrying what other people are doing and get on with your life.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it would have been more effective if Fauci hadn't sent the mask script to re-write so many times and if they had said "Please wear masks" and accepted whatever results they got. The tendency of some in power to want to force compliance with their every whim is counterproductive, as is Karening

I'm reminded of the case where the police sent a total of five officers, two in a boat, to apprehend someone paddle boarding in a vast, empty stretch of open ocean off of a closed California beach. No consideration about actual harm, just mindless fury that he wasn't obeying the diktats

With a lot of folks (not just leftists/liberals/democrats either), anything they like, they believe everyone should like it too—even by force if necessary. Anything they don’t like, they believe you shouldn’t like it either and they’ll enact laws to keep you from it, if they have too.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That's all good. I really should have asked if you were talking solely about government mandates.

Yes like you can tell me to wear one in your home. I won’t visit said business if it’s required to wear a mask. I won’t visit your home if it’s required either.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    With a lot of folks (not just leftists/liberals/democrats either), anything they like, they believe everyone should like it too—even by force if necessary. Anything they don’t like, they believe you shouldn’t like it either and they’ll enact laws to keep you from it, if they have too.

I think it goes even deeper than that. IMHO, it's not just about compelling others to make the same choice that they would, it's about erasing the idea that there is even a choice to be made. The paddle board example is a good one to make this point.

First, zero tolerance policies like this eliminate critical thinking from the equation by making violations black and white. The beach is closed, that guy is in the ocean. He is in violation. Those with totalitarian tendencies must eliminate critical thinking through social conditioning n order to control others who may question the edicts.

Second, the average person sees a man paddle boarding alone and thinks, "there's no risk to that. He's not harming anyone. That action seems perfectly reasonable." Again, this undermines the edicts of totalitarian-minded people. They cannot risk the rest of the public seeing that making a choice is even an option. If the man paddle boarding in the ocean is not made an example of, then others might be inspired to make their own choice. Totalitarians can't allow that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it goes even deeper than that. IMHO, it's not just about compelling others to make the same choice that they would, it's about erasing the idea that there is even a choice to be made. The paddle board example is a good one to make this point.

First, zero tolerance policies like this eliminate critical thinking from the equation by making violations black and white. The beach is closed, that guy is in the ocean. He is in violation. Those with totalitarian tendencies must eliminate critical thinking through social conditioning n order to control others who may question the edicts.

Second, the average person sees a man paddle boarding alone and thinks, "there's no risk to that. He's not harming anyone. That action seems perfectly reasonable." Again, this undermines the edicts of totalitarian-minded people. They cannot risk the rest of the public seeing that making a choice is even an option. If the man paddle boarding in the ocean is not made an example of, then others might be inspired to make their own choice. Totalitarians can't allow that.

Yeah, we’ve certainly seen a snootfull of this since about March. It’s brought the Gladys Kravitiz-es out in a lot of folks.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That's all good. I really should have asked if you were talking solely about government mandates.
    Government shouldn’t mandate anything about masks. If a business wants to require it, that’s their right. It’s my right to take my money elsewhere. Requiring me to wear a piece of clothing through government mandate? No. I didn’t see any mandates to wear a condom during the AIDS epidemic.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    At first we were told we didn’t need masks. A lot of us conservatives were wearing masks, because we prepare for epidemics and SHTF situations. We were told we were killing nurses by wearing them. Now, we’re being told we must wear them and if not we are killing grandma.

I do not jump when you say to jump. I do not sit when you say to sit. You told me not to wear them, now you tell me to wear them. No thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom