Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The spittle from speaking is easily avoided by social distancing.

No need to conflate with sneezing and coughing, as both are symptoms of illness and this discussion is about compelling those who are not symptomatic to wear a mask.

As for all of those: the issue being taken is that those who are minding their own business, not interacting with others (i.e. not talking to others, etc.), being compelled to wear masks.

And as for me, this has nothing to do with "doing the right thing" or not. My issue is with government compulsion.
    So is the conflation of sneezing and coughing snoughing? Or cneezing?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fair enough. One thing though about the no-warning lockouts. Sometimes people react to posts as they see them and may not see the in-thread warning until they've made several posts. I think that's happened to me before. I'll be a couple pages behind and respond to something and not see the in-thread warning until I get that far.
    I know this my friend but I am really done letting the same crew off the hook over and over again.

No more Mulligans peoples.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Fair enough. One thing though about the no-warning lockouts. Sometimes people react to posts as they see them and may not see the in-thread warning until they've made several posts. I think that's happened to me before. I'll be a couple pages behind and respond to something and not see the in-thread warning until I get that far.
    I have done that too - but really - who's fault is that?

Moderating must be like potty training 20 puppies at the same time.

(I would be a very poor moderator - if someone gave me a hammer I would pound with it.) :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have done that too - but really - who's fault is that?

Moderating must be like potty training 20 puppies at the same time.

(I would be a very poor moderator - if someone gave me a hammer I would pound with it.) :)
    At 1st the inclination is to wail away with your new hammer. But as time goes by you see that a different tack is required to keep the boat on course.

There is "ALLWAYS" someone with a suggestion or idea how to run the place. "ALLWAYS"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is my style as I read in on what's new, I respond as I go

That said, I think the cost of doing business is going up

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I heard Tony Katz discussing the mask issue today and stating it was gone as of 3/16 but I did not here if that was here. Food joints and bars are back in business also.

Again, did not hear if someone actually got to his Royal asshatness on high to open it back up.

We may or may not have much to discuss beyond ponding the masks into the trash or bonfire if this is true.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think the state-wide EOs go through the end of March, including the one that lets counties decide.

The Marion County one might expire March 16.

(In my defense, I'm not sure which elected leader is the Royal Asshatness.) ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think the state-wide EOs go through the end of March, including the one that lets counties decide.

The Marion County one might expire March 16.

(In my defense, I'm not sure which elected leader is the Royal Asshatness.) ;)
    Oh well the one on high is Gov Mumble mouth.

I refuse to recognize the local dip-weed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh well the one on high is Gov Mumble mouth.

I refuse to recognize the local dip-weed.
    Is there some sort of org chart (ideally with pictures) that we can put together? :D I'm still not completely sure I'm down with these labels....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is there some sort of org chart (ideally with pictures) that we can put together? :D I'm still not completely sure I'm down with these labels....
    Just roll with it man. Just roll with it.

I can not (decorum) call them by the names I use in private for them so this is the best I have. to offer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom