• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    CKW and I went down to Moorseville today to spend our shopping money. LGS down there my buddy owns and Wards apparel. Couple of other shops CKW likes.
    Not one freaking mask that I saw.

Save for grocery's this will be how we shop until Hognuts figures out he is killing the county.
    But he is merely a puppet of the DNC so we are basically screwed until after the election.
    Hell ya! Us mooresvillians don’t care what that loon in the city says, we’ll wear them if we want and won’t if we don’t want.... freedom. The only people I see wearing masks here are usually the workers that are required to, and the occasional older folks that don’t wanna risk it. I wore one when this first hit back in, what was it, March? I wore it for about a week and decided nah, if this thing isn’t going away we’re all bound to get it at some point anyway. Even the people working in gas stations here quit wearing them. This is all about seeing how much we will let them control us.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hell ya! Us mooresvillians don’t care what that loon in the city says, we’ll wear them if we want and won’t if we don’t want.... freedom. The only people I see wearing masks here are usually the workers that are required to, and the occasional older folks that don’t wanna risk it. I wore one when this first hit back in, what was it, March? I wore it for about a week and decided nah, if this thing isn’t going away we’re all bound to get it at some point anyway. Even the people working in gas stations here quit wearing them. This is all about seeing how much we will let them control us.

This is a dress rehearsal to see how mush brained the MSM have gotten the masses. And it looks like they have done better than they espected. If this is the :bs: that sets us over the edge we deserve it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So your answer is no. Would that also mean that the health care workers "need" for masks because they were working on CoVid-19 wards was purely psychological?

Surgical-type masks are worn as PPE that protects the patient from the health care worker, not the other way around.

Your assumption is that the person approaching is concerned about themselves.

I need not assume it, when pretty much every video has the person doing the approaching/accosting admitting/confirming it. Regardless, if the person sincerely believes that being "within range" of a non-masker poses a risk, then they would not approach to "within range" of a non-masker.

I'll leave that to the experts to determine. Government has a lot of authority I don't even know about.

I'll stick with SCOTUS's "discovered" constitutional right to privacy with respect to my body. My body, my choice.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Here, on INGO, i haven't read one person sympathetic to mask wearing that is saying you "have to" wear a mask. I see all sorts of "why wear masks" making that assumption. Why is that? I don't read every post so have I missed some posts from regulars not one hit wonders? I even see above a message that links "wishing to live freely" by separating themselves from their brethren in church. As if wearing a mask is not living freely. Since that concerns the "coming together of believers" in Christ, may they practice St. Paul's teachings on liberty.

I Cor. 6:12: “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything.
    I Cor. 10:23: “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive.

How do you suggest that these are applicable to a healthy person deciding not to wear a mask?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I ventured out to a few places today, starting off in Hamilton County. I took the kids to Target to ironically, buy facemasks for them. They are required for them to return back to school. Don't get me started on that nonsense, but I'm a single Dad and work from home, so not going to get into the home school conversation right now. None of us were wearing masks, and we were definitely in the minority. At Target I would say it was about 75% wearing them, to about 25% that weren't.

Next stop was Harbor Freight in Castleton to pick up a cheap soldering iron for a project. I forgot Castleton was in Marion County which is under a mandatory mask order. I strolled in with the two kids in tow, all of us mask-less. We got some dirty looks for sure, including from one of the cashiers who was wearing a mask only half covering her mouth, nose fully exposed. But no comments and we were not asked to leave. Another employee saw us in line and opened up a new lane to ring us up. I think he wanted to get us out of there as fast as possible. His mask also was sitting well below his nose.

Last stop was a trip to Kroger (back in Hamilton County) to grab some stuff for dinner tonight. It was pretty crowded and we were the only three people in the entire store that I saw that were not wearing masks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I ventured out to a few places today, starting off in Hamilton County. I took the kids to Target to ironically, buy facemasks for them. They are required for them to return back to school. Don't get me started on that nonsense, but I'm a single Dad and work from home, so not going to get into the home school conversation right now. None of us were wearing masks, and we were definitely in the minority. At Target I would say it was about 75% wearing them, to about 25% that weren't.

Next stop was Harbor Freight in Castleton to pick up a cheap soldering iron for a project. I forgot Castleton was in Marion County which is under a mandatory mask order. I strolled in with the two kids in tow, all of us mask-less. We got some dirty looks for sure, including from one of the cashiers who was wearing a mask only half covering her mouth, nose fully exposed. But no comments and we were not asked to leave. Another employee saw us in line and opened up a new lane to ring us up. I think he wanted to get us out of there as fast as possible. His mask also was sitting well below his nose.

Last stop was a trip to Kroger (back in Hamilton County) to grab some stuff for dinner tonight. It was pretty crowded and we were the only three people in the entire store that I saw that were not wearing masks.

The mask is either a magical talisman or a symbol of purity, or maybe both. As long as someone has a cloth draped from their ears somewhat across their face, they’re in the family of moral people. But you’re shunned if you don’t. You’re one of them. The evils. You probably grind up puppies to make your hamburgers.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

It is something, but all that something is, is tautology. Asymptomatic carriers are infected, and therefore exhibit similar viral loads in their sinuses and throats. But that says nothing of the viral load in their exhalation.

It is coughing and sneezing that produces the greatest viral load - by far - in one's exhalation. The real question - the one that must be answered in order to assert that asymptomatic mask wearing serves any purpose - is whether normal exhalation of asymptomatic carriers has sufficient viral load to cause a risk of infection during normal interaction.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Surgical-type masks are worn as PPE that protects the patient from the health care worker, not the other way around.

So your answer is "No".

I need not assume it, when pretty much every video has the person doing the approaching/accosting admitting/confirming it. Regardless, if the person sincerely believes that being "within range" of a non-masker poses a risk, then they would not approach to "within range" of a non-masker.

I have been responding with the original question posed in post 1 in mind. I don't think I have referenced any videos or posted any. I am talking about a random person approaching another about wearing a mask, specifically in a store where the policy says masks are required. That was the example I used, and the context I am talking about.

I'll stick with SCOTUS's "discovered" constitutional right to privacy with respect to my body. My body, my choice.

I hear that a lot. I am waiting for the first person to file a lawsuit over mandatory mask wearing. Perhaps now that Indianapolis is doing so, I will finally get my wish.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So your answer is "No".

I have been responding with the original question posed in post 1 in mind. I don't think I have referenced any videos or posted any. I am talking about a random person approaching another about wearing a mask, specifically in a store where the policy says masks are required. That was the example I used, and the context I am talking about.

I answered OP's question already.

To the OP: to mask or not to mask?

Here's my stance: if I'm asked to put one on when entering an establishment, I'll do so and not make a scene. Otherwise, I do not wear a mask, because I am not sick.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am suggesting how we should behave towards others in church and at funerals (which I assume is at a church). For Christians, that behavior should generalize to how we behave elsewhere. What brought that to mind was also another post about having a separate section of the church where people who did not want to wear masks should sit.

So your statement doesn't make the right application really. What should govern when a healthy Christian wears a mask, the law of the land or the law of the Kingdom?

I Cor. 6:12: “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything.
    I Cor. 10:23: “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive.

How do you suggest that these are applicable to a healthy person deciding not to wear a mask?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I am suggesting how we should behave towards others in church and at funerals (which I assume is at a church). For Christians, that behavior should generalize to how we behave elsewhere. What brought that to mind was also another post about having a separate section of the church where people who did not want to wear masks should sit.

So your statement doesn't make the right application really. What should govern when a healthy Christian wears a mask, the law of the land or the law of the Kingdom?

I think the controlling doctrine should be, "love your neighbor as yourself." In this context, loving one's neighbor would include not causing harm to one's neighbor. (I don't think we're talking about a situation in which acting in liberty might compel a brother or sister to act similarly, and in such a way that said brother or sister would view as a violation of conscience and therefore would be sinful.) That said, harm would be actual harm, not imagined harm.

So, the questions are: a) am I causing actual harm or only imaginary harm? And if it is the latter: b) am I intentionally causing offense?

If I am causing actual harm, then the outcome is clear: I should act so as not to cause actual harm if I am loving my neighbor.

if I am not causing actual harm, then the issue is one in which my neighbor is experience offended sensibilities. In this case, intent (heart) matters. Am I not-wearing a mask intentionally to cause offense to my neighbor's sensibilities? If so, then again, I should act so as not to antagonize my neighbor if I am loving my neighbor. But if I am merely not-wearing a mask because I sincerely believe that not-wearing a mask does not cause harm and that wearing a mask accomplishes nothing of practical import with respect to spread of Covid, then my conscience is clear.

If my neighbor's sensibilities were offended by the knowledge that I carry a firearm, would I disarm so as not to offend my neighbor's sensibilities? Certainly not. Why would agency to wear (or not to wear) a mask be any different?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom