GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So I’m at a funeral today for a church member. They asked me to be a poll bearer And the family has asked visitors to wear masks. This sucks. You people can have it. If hadn’t already committed to helping out, I’d be out of here.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You don't have to wear one if they just asked.

So I’m at a funeral today for a church member. They asked me to be a poll bearer And the family has asked visitors to wear masks. This sucks. You people can have it. If hadn’t already committed to helping out, I’d be out of here.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Here, on INGO, i haven't read one person sympathetic to mask wearing that is saying you "have to" wear a mask. I see all sorts of "why wear masks" making that assumption. Why is that? I don't read every post so have I missed some posts from regulars not one hit wonders? I even see above a message that links "wishing to live freely" by separating themselves from their brethren in church. As if wearing a mask is not living freely. Since that concerns the "coming together of believers" in Christ, may they practice St. Paul's teachings on liberty.

If mask wearing is such a wonder, why don't they try to convince us and then accept the results. Whether government mandate or Kevin and Karen mask shaming and tut tutting about it's not for us it's for them, why are they so unwilling to rely on the persuasiveness of their argument/evidence

If your plan to maintain your well being requires you to control the behavior of everyone else, you're going to be disappointed

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There is no proof that healthy asymptomatic people need to wear masks. Believe if there was the left would have it on every media outlet non-stop. It is political BS to keep the economy down nothing more. Now can we stop beating this dead horse? :horse:

Probably not, it also serves as an opportunity for some [...] to get all sticky by signaling their 'superior' morality and exaggerated concern for their fellow man

Edit: [...] == [who should know better]

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Viruses have existed for all of known history.

If it gets more deadly, it will wipe its self out.

You do you. I have a life to live and I'm not giving into the culture of fear.

This country has stood for 2 and a half centuries. It's peak absurdity that we're going to let it be destroyed by a cough.

This right here is a danged good start. I know I seriously irritated some of my D-voting "friends" back when this whole thing became a 24-7 media feeding frenzy of fear by stating "This is NOT the Bubonic Plague here. We do NOT have 30-50% MORTALITY rates in any city or state. There aren't bodies piling up in the streets faster than we can find people to bury them!" Yep, we don't talk any more--imagine that.

I was teaching high school when H1N1 came through like wildfire. I distinctly remember having classes of 25+ kids with only 5-6 present and everyone else out sick. The school was only a few % attendance away from closing temporarily, but we made it through. No mandatory city/state/nation-wide lockdowns. No mandatory mask wearing. No 24-7 "this is the end of the world as we know it" type media coverage.

Guess what? We as a society survived. Homo Sapiens survived. The people who were very high risk with lots of pre-existing complications often died. It was a NASTY virus. It was NO fun to have it, but I did and I survived.

I've read hundreds of very well thought out posts here arguing back and forth, and can see some good talking points in multiple sides. I keep on comparing this year's response by our government (local up to federal) and the media...and how all that seems to have impacted people in general--to what I remember living through with H1N1. Funny how the D vs R party being in charge changes things, isn't it???

I'm all for personal responsibility and choice as to how to respond to this virus. And remember, this is JUST a virus. And like any (and so far every) virus I've ever read about, it will run its course--no matter what we do or don't do individually or as a society. Some will die. Most will live. Humanity will survive.

I find it incredibly sad that so very many people are so supportive of draconian measures that violate the very concept of rights and freedoms we all supposedly learned about when we had to study the Constitution in school. I have to admit that I'm not as well-read, or frankly as smart as many of you who've posted such incredibly well-researched and -voiced opinions up-thread...but I'm very confused how mayors and governors can so blatantly ignore the Bill of Rights and force their desires onto whole populations with so little push-back. I just don't understand how those elected officials can supersede the Constitution with their mandates, complete with heinous fines and consequences for disobeying them.

And I personally choose to only wear a mask when it's necessary in MY opinion to do something *I* need/want to do. I had to go in for a colonoscopy last week, and had to wear a mask while in there. Fine--their rules for their building. But some political hack whose only expertise is in getting reelected telling me that I MUST wear a mask any time I walk outside of my house or else? Screw that.

I have no duty to make other people FEEL safe, nor do I particularly give a flying rat's a** about how others feel when it comes to "safety"... There is NO SUCH THING as guaranteed safety in life, and if people want to go off the deep end about feeling safe they should live in a bubble on an isolated island somewhere that storms, germs, other acts of nature or mankind could never harm them. I will even wish them good luck on their journey looking for such a place.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get all that out there. Knock yourself out disagreeing with me--that's one of YOUR rights guaranteed in the Constitution.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    The public school is Marion county have been loosing heasd count at an alarming rate. Enough that they are closing/consolidating schools. Yet they still "NEED" more money.

No. They will not stop. They have a blank check and do as they please with the money. Even in the face of "White" flight. Families escaping the issues of the city as BLM is taking over and turning the schools into zoo's. The 13 year old told me every day that I dropped her at school her only concern was getting through the day without dealing with a certain aspect of culture that we have let run amok.

**** all of that. We are done with the insanity. Let them have it. Like everything else they touch it will be in ruins soon enough.

Marion county school kids all received a debit card with money so they can buy breakfast and lunch - since school was cancelled due to the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Marion county school kids all received a debit card with money so they can buy breakfast and lunch - since school was cancelled due to the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a statewide thing. If you received free or reduced lunches you got a ebt card for the amount that would of been spent from the time the schools closed to end of school year

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Went to a meijer today with the spouse and the 13 year old. Spouse and I no masks. G-daughter had one on as she has some serious allergy’s.
    I one in the store save for one old codger said anything about it and all were very nice save for that angry old codger.
    Was kind of funny. He was in reverse rotation to us so we saw him several times and it was “Put you damn mask on” every time. We just smiled and kept walking. Last aisle he got ****ty and loud a about it. Said we put him IN Danger. CKW told him he should keep his ass home then and I just smiled and pointed for him to step off.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Went to a meijer today with the spouse and the 13 year old. Spouse and I no masks. G-daughter had one on as she has some serious allergy’s.
    I one in the store save for one old codger said anything about it and all were very nice save for that angry old codger.
    Was kind of funny. He was in reverse rotation to us so we saw him several times and it was “Put you damn mask on” every time. We just smiled and kept walking. Last aisle he got ****ty and loud a about it. Said we put him IN Danger. CKW told him he should keep his ass home then and I just smiled and pointed for him to step off.

I don't care what side of this you land on, his behavior was inappropriate.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The reactions you see from people in stores, it's because they're terrorized.
    You can see it in the body language, the eyes, in the insanity of someone telling you that you aren't following the arrows on the floor. Reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode where the flying saucer came down and started turning a neighborhood's lights off and on.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Went to Taco Bell to get lunch (carry out). As soon as I walked in, the pink-haired pimply-faced "manager" or "assistant manager" (male, btw) directed me to the self-serve kiosk to enter my order. Of course his mask was down below his mouth. So I shot him, and then placed my order. ;) About half the employees in the back had their masks below their noses. But since they were making an effort, I only wounded them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Tell him that if he's seen you that many times, he should quit walking down the same aisle and endangering himself.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Why do you refuse to eat American?

Went to Taco Bell to get lunch (carry out). As soon as I walked in, the pink-haired pimply-faced "manager" or "assistant manager" (male, btw) directed me to the self-serve kiosk to enter my order. Of course his mask was down below his mouth. So I shot him, and then placed my order. ;) About half the employees in the back had their masks below their noses. But since they were making an effort, I only wounded them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You don't have to wear one if they just asked.

You are correct. I don’t even have to wear one if they yelled at me and demanded it like the old codger did to CM. But I gave my word and I keep my word.
    This lady has a small family and they needed my help. I was glad to do it. But I sat off to one side during the service and I cheated quite a bit.

Those people that say it’s only a mask and it’s no big deal are projecting their experiences on other people. I’ll just leave it at that. It’s not not a big deal to me.
    And I’ll do what I can to minimize the times and places I have to wear those stupid things.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Complete and total Obedience is required. By winging them, you’ve left them alive. They may return and infect many more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom