• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Saw in the news some restaurant in northern Indiana discriminated against some couple, gave their table to another couple who were properly jabbed and/or masked, whatever.
    How does a society get skewed and twisted into this? Answer: By design and execution of plan. We've just witnessed it and it's even money as to whether more than one in thousand know what they're looking at.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Saw in the news some restaurant in northern Indiana discriminated against some couple, gave their table to another couple who were properly jabbed and/or masked, whatever.
    How does a society get skewed and twisted into this? Answer: By design and execution of plan. We've just witnessed it and it's even money as to whether more than one in thousand know what they're looking at.
    There are places I will never patronize again over this nonsense. At the top of the list is a local hardware shop I really liked. About midway through they decided to go full mask nazi in response to people they believed to be claiming fictional maladies to avoid masks. These people know me. They know how many times I have needed help carrying out merchandise on account of poor health including but not limited to breathing difficulties. After that, we're done.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Masks: meh. Outdoors? Insane.

Appreciate the research/data: clarity and sanity in the midst of polarity & lack of consistent medical input. :thumbsup:
    I haven't bothered reading much about it lately :coffee:
    It does give me confidence that I can relax my mask regime w/o recourse to the wife.

B/C of family members & close friends having contacted CV fairly recently with exposure to other family members who have not believed wearing a mask has any value but I am not ready to burn my mask yet. :dunno:

When hospitals/Dr. offices stop wearing masks that will be the sign my wife is looking for. :dunno:
    When I took my wife to the ER over a month ago, her heart Dr. read her the riot act about keep wearing a mask.
    The Dr. had to send one of his nurses home the week before b/c of CV & everyone always wears a mask at work in the office.
    B/C of my personal history of infections & hospitalizations since a young teen, I err on the side of caution anyway.

Good new is I have had the confidence lately to visit a friend out of state & just got back from visiting daughter's family in TN. :rockwoot:
    I plan next month to go on a car drive with my S2KCA car club & will be visiting alot of friends in the area while there, all of which was cancelled last June, but I wouldn't have gone anyway last June.
    I just joined the gym yesterday for my Senior Sneakers type of stretching classes, which was huge step of normalcy for me.
    Wife is not coming with me until perhaps the Fall to see if the new laxity/directions causes an uptick.

I did read her much of the info from the research you posted: thanks again! :thumbsup:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Appreciate the research/data: clarity and sanity in the midst of polarity & lack of consistent medical input. :thumbsup:
    I haven't bothered reading much about it lately :coffee:
    It does give me confidence that I can relax my mask regime w/o recourse to the wife.

B/C of family members & close friends having contacted CV fairly recently with exposure to other family members who have not believed wearing a mask has any value but I am not ready to burn my mask yet. :dunno:

When hospitals/Dr. offices stop wearing masks that will be the sign my wife is looking for. :dunno:
    When I took my wife to the ER over a month ago, her heart Dr. read her the riot act about keep wearing a mask.
    The Dr. had to send one of his nurses home the week before b/c of CV & everyone always wears a mask at work in the office.
    B/C of my personal history of infections & hospitalizations since a young teen, I err on the side of caution anyway.

Good new is I have had the confidence lately to visit a friend out of state & just got back from visiting daughter's family in TN. :rockwoot:
    I plan next month to go on a car drive with my S2KCA car club & will be visiting alot of friends in the area while there, all of which was cancelled last June, but I wouldn't have gone anyway last June.
    I just joined the gym yesterday for my Senior Sneakers type of stretching classes, which was huge step of normalcy for me.
    Wife is not coming with me until perhaps the Fall to see if the new laxity/directions causes an uptick.

I did read her much of the info from the research you posted: thanks again! :thumbsup:
    Burn it man.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Made a lot of stops today and never once wore the mouth diaper and only saw a few employees wearing them due to legal dept mandate I would assume. One stop the masks came off when we started to converse.
    Lunch with CKW was the same. Walked in no masks. Sat down ate and left the same way.

I suspect the only place I'll have to mask this week is the post office, when we go to submit the girls' passport renewal applications. (The USPS is currently requiring appointments to do this. How utterly absurd...)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I suspect the only place I'll have to mask this week is the post office, when we go to submit the girls' passport renewal applications. (The USPS is currently requiring appointments to do this. How utterly absurd...)
    I can remember this being the case a decade ago.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't remember having to make an appointment 5 years ago when we got their initial passports. Maybe I'm just getting old...
    It could be the specific post office as well. I ended up with my needs changing and not getting one but I discovered that depending on location I needed an appointment or alternately that location just didn't do it. In the indy donut you may well have had it on a walk in basis then before the new (ab)normal.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Crazy. Our post offices up here have done away with masks required. Now signs say masks recommended, not sure if they've changed yet to masks not required vaccinated like I'm seeing now at a lot of places

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some people place a high value on independence and personal freedom, others do not. Those who do not are very quick to mock and ridicule the stance of others. They are very reticent to engage in an exchange of relevant points. :thumbsup:
    Eh, I think it's maybe a little hyperbolic to frame this in such binary terms, as a sort of all or nothing. There should be plenty of space in between to resolve that one can think it's not oppression/slavery to require masks, and still not agree with requiring masks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You must not have any difficulty breathing.
    Sure, but it's not like someone is forcing you to wear masks. How many people here have proclaimed that they've never worn a mask? There is at least some choice to it. Often it's a Hobson's choice, and that's bad. It's a far cry from oppression/slavery though.

Surely we can all resolve a more precise reality than that. Yeah, it's a bit oppressive, but certainly not on the scale of slavery. We don't have to get defensive when someone points that out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it was Tim Pool who coined the new term CDS (COVID Derangement Syndrome).

It's basically a way to describe the batshit crazy people who think they need to be masked in scenarios where reasonable people would say not.
    • Wearing masks while vaccinated
    • Wearing masks outdoors
    • Wearing masks in a car by yourself
    • Wearing masks while lovemaking
    • Wearing masks 24/7

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sure, but it's not like someone is forcing you to wear masks. How many people here have proclaimed that they've never worn a mask? There is at least some choice to it. Often it's a Hobson's choice, and that's bad. It's a far cry from oppression/slavery though.

Surely we can all resolve a more precise reality than that. Yeah, it's a bit oppressive, but certainly not on the scale of slavery. We don't have to get defensive when someone points that out.
    We were also told repeatedly that if we don't like the situation then we just stay home.

Top Bottom