• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It seems like the CDC is seeing what kind of fear frenzy they can whip the weak minded into.

Be fearful of getting a virus with a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% survival rate!!!!

Be fearful of consequences of getting a vaccine being pushed for a virus with a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% survival rate!!!!!!

No matter what you do, you must live in fear!!!!!
    That’s about the only real power they have left.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I suppose re-reading my post I can see where you get this, but, I did not call you, nor imply that YOU are a liar. I do apologize for letting that sound like it did, since that`s not what I meant or intended.

As to the spread of the virus through casual contact...we already KNOW that colds and flu can certainly be spread through coughing, sneezing, etc. I`m not medical personnel, but I really don`t believe we need to be a doctor to understand this fairly straightforward premise.
    I appreciate the clarification.

I view this in two categories: symptomatic spread and a/non-symptomatic spread - especially in terms of appropriateness of government policy (we are, after all, in a thread discussing one such policy: masking).

For symptomatic spread, I would suspect/assume that contact tracing should, through process of elimination, give indication of whether transmission occurred through indoor or outdoor, casual vs sustained contact. (And on a related note: IMHO nearly 100% of government effort should have gone into the one thing that would absolutely minimize thread - encouraging people who are symptomatic to stay away from other people.) The real question/issue is a/non-symptomatic spread through casual, outdoor contact - because this is the primary "target" of universal masking mandates/policies. It is primarily this that I have a problem with - and it is this that encompasses the vast majority of "contact" among the public in general.

I don't think anyone has disputed that those who are symptomatic (coughing, sneezing, fever, etc.) can and do spread viruses - including this virus - or that such spread can occur through casual, outdoor contact. (Again: if you are symptomatic, stay away from people.) Even so, it may be that the flu, and even mundane colds, can be spread more easily than SARS-CoV-2 in that context. Not having any documented cases is telling.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This bull **** again?

VAERS collects every report of an adverse event. It doesn't prove that any given, reported adverse event is related to, much less caused by, any particular drug/vaccine.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That's you decision as a (at least for now) free man and I respect you for it. Will defend your right to chose as you did.
    But no fracking way am I standing in this line.
    I'm 100% in favor of personal responsibility and individual liberty, and adults making their own, informed decisions. I'll do what I can to help make that decision better-informed, and I'll keep working to make the vaccines as safe and effective as I can; but at the end of the day, I believe that the decision is and should be up to the individual. I'll not lose respect for someone on the basis of what decision is made.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Went to Indy qualifications yesterday, and wore my mask through the gate. Once inside i noticed that roughly 95% of the people were not wearing masks so I promptly took mine off. Once I got to my seat I looked around and the only people wearing masks were the "Mask Ambassadors" walking around with signs telling everyone to mask up. It was great, felt like a normal day at the track.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Went to Indy qualifications yesterday, and wore my mask through the gate. Once inside i noticed that roughly 95% of the people were not wearing masks so I promptly took mine off. Once I got to my seat I looked around and the only people wearing masks were the "Mask Ambassadors" walking around with signs telling everyone to mask up. It was great, felt like a normal day at the track.
    Wearing a mask to visit the museum? Or were you outside in the stands?

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    It would be nice on Sunday morning, as I am driving up from Evansville to my usual parking space on Allison, if WIBC/WFNI would broadcast a report that IMS and Marion County Health Department have determined that wearing masks is at the discretion of the fans once inside the grandstands (at least).

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    IMHO time for a little humor
    It seems like the CDC is seeing what kind of fear frenzy they can whip the weak minded into.

Be fearful of getting a virus with a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% survival rate!!!!

Be fearful of consequences of getting a vaccine being pushed for a virus with a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% survival rate!!!!!!

No matter what you do, you must live in fear!!!!!
    The terror has been officially whipped.. Took this picture on County line road around noon.. 85 degrees, beautiful sunshine and they are still stuck on stupid. Stuckonostupid.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We're still talking about masks?

I barely know where mine are anymore. Walgreens, Meijer, Menards, church, Viking Chili Bowl, Baileys...a list of places I didn't wear a mask over the last few days completely in compliance with their rules.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We're still talking about masks?

I barely know where mine are anymore. Walgreens, Meijer, Menards, church, Viking Chili Bowl, Baileys...a list of places I didn't wear a mask over the last few days completely in compliance with their rules.
    :hijack:

Is that place good? I see it when I drive through "the region" and always wondered... like what kind of name is that?

FWIW, my employer is removing the mask mandate next week for those who've been jabbed.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Breakfast and Home depot this morning. Maybe 10% of the folks in either place had on the mouth diapers. Now the bank was a bit more miffed at me for not covering my nose.
    But they took my money anyway and I smiled and rolled out the door.

This :poop: needs to end peoples.
    I've gotta say, I haven't worn a mask once thru all this ******** and really the only place that pissed me off was Menards. They followed me thru the store badgering me about wearing a mask, but never actually asked me to leave. This happened before face diapers were mandated, and when menards made it their policy. Will never shop there again

Other than that, I've never been asked to wear a mask or refused service. I've gotten some stink eye from patrons, but never encountered a screaming Karen.

Definitely nice seeing more and more faces, each weekend, when I'm running my errands!

Countless times when a customer would walk thru the door with a mask on, I would let them know they dont need to wear it of they dont want too. 95% of the time I was thanked and the customer pulled their mask down.

I think most that wore the mask, wore it for fear of repercussions and not wanting any conflict, rather than fear of the virus

Top Bottom