• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've gotta say, I haven't worn a mask once thru all this ******** and really the only place that pissed me off was Menards. They followed me thru the store badgering me about wearing a mask, but never actually asked me to leave. This happened before face diapers were mandated, and when menards made it their policy. Will never shop there again

Other than that, I've never been asked to wear a mask or refused service. I've gotten some stink eye from patrons, but never encountered a screaming Karen.

Definitely nice seeing more and more faces, each weekend, when I'm running my errands!

Countless times when a customer would walk thru the door with a mask on, I would let them know they dont need to wear it of they dont want too. 95% of the time I was thanked and the customer pulled their mask down.

I think most that wore the mask, wore it for fear of repercussions and not wanting any conflict, rather than fear of the virus
    Bingo. I would like to think that to majority of clear thinking adults saw through the :bs: early on.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I've gotta say, I haven't worn a mask once thru all this ******** and really the only place that pissed me off was Menards. They followed me thru the store badgering me about wearing a mask, but never actually asked me to leave. This happened before face diapers were mandated, and when menards made it their policy. Will never shop there again

Other than that, I've never been asked to wear a mask or refused service. I've gotten some stink eye from patrons, but never encountered a screaming Karen.

Definitely nice seeing more and more faces, each weekend, when I'm running my errands!

Countless times when a customer would walk thru the door with a mask on, I would let them know they dont need to wear it of they dont want too. 95% of the time I was thanked and the customer pulled their mask down.

I think most that wore the mask, wore it for fear of repercussions and not wanting any conflict, rather than fear of the virus

The herding instinct is strong in most people.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Ditto

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Bingo. I would like to think that to majority of clear thinking adults saw through the :bs: early on.
    From what I've seen most have figger'd now they're being played but aren't going to sift things out enough to see what the game is. In other words, the same pattern of behavior as always.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

In a very few cases I couldn't do this but in the overwhelming majority i said GFY or something similar, turned, and walked out the door.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The amount of kids I've seen this week who were walking home from school wearing masks is mind blowing. :rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The amount of kids I've seen this week who were walking home from school wearing masks is mind blowing. :rolleyes:
    I saw some woman with her son walking into Meijer yesterday; she wasn’t wearing a mask but he was. Must have been 5 years old give or take. Of course he wasn’t wearing it correctly. What 5 year old could for any length of time. I got the feeling he may have thought of it as more of a toy.

There is no reason why a 5 year old kid should have to wear one. But if he’s pretending it’s a magic shield I guess he’s no different from some adults.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I saw some woman with her son walking into Meijer yesterday; she wasn’t wearing a mask but he was. Must have been 5 years old give or take. Of course he wasn’t wearing it correctly. What 5 year old could for any length of time. I got the feeling he may have thought of it as more of a toy.

There is no reason why a 5 year old kid should have to wear one. But if he’s pretending it’s a magic shield I guess he’s no different from some adults.

You witnessed the next generation of sheep being conditioned to live in fear and always comply without question or hesitation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You witnessed the next generation of sheep being conditioned to live in fear and always comply without question or hesitation.
    Maybe. Maybe the kid just likes to make believe. The kid didn’t seem to be afraid. Hopping and running around like little kids do. Or maybe it is a security blanket. I don’t know.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Maybe. Maybe the kid just likes to make believe. The kid didn’t seem to be afraid. Hopping and running around like little kids do. Or maybe it is a security blanket. I don’t know.

Fair point. However, I find it difficult to believe that any child (or adult) would, on their own initiative, put something restrictive over their faces for daily activities without being conditioned (on some level) by an adult.

:sheep:

Fear isn't always manifested by furtive, hesitant movements, with eyes darting around constantly, and hunched shoulders. Fear is much more insidious, and therefore much more powerful, than the stereotype of what fear looks like.

I don't ever recall seeing any kid put something restrictive over their face (except when playing) and that was for a limited amount of time, specifically while pretending to be a bank robber.

Again, I agree, you can't know definitively what the reason was. This is just my belief.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fair point. However, I find it difficult to believe that any child (or adult) would, on their own initiative, put something restrictive over their faces for daily activities without being conditioned (on some level) by an adult.

:sheep:

Fear isn't always manifested by furtive, hesitant movements, with eyes darting around constantly, and hunched shoulders. Fear is much more insidious, and therefore much more powerful, than the stereotype of what fear looks like.

I don't ever recall seeing any kid put something restrictive over their face (except when playing) and that was for a limited amount of time, specifically while pretending to be a bank robber.

Again, I agree, you can't know definitively what the reason was. This is just my belief.

Sure, at least on some level. It could be nothing more than seeing adults wear one and then wanting to be like dad, or mom. But even then he'd have gotten the behavior from what adults were doing.

Realistically, it's probably more than that. The kid is at least kindergarten age, or 1st grade. I'm sure his teachers are telling the students that it's necessary to wear the masks, even though the science doesn't really support that masks do a lot of good in confined busy spaces like a classroom full of kids.

As far as kids putting something restrictive over their faces, the mask this kid was wearing just didn't fit well. it was scrunched up loosely under his nose. The strings wrapped around the ears to take up the slack. Obviously of no practical use and is likely functioning better as a bacteria catcher. But he seemed to be having fun with it.

Oops. I've gone beyond my two sentence limit. I hope you're able to comprehend everything beyond that. I've heard that some people are having difficulties.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    :hijack:

Is that place good? I see it when I drive through "the region" and always wondered... like what kind of name is that?

FWIW, my employer is removing the mask mandate next week for those who've been jabbed.
    Great breakfast place. I had the "hungry man" omelet. Living the low-carb lifestyle, an omelet with sausage, bacon, ham, green peppers and onions is right up my alley.

I assume that "Viking" is tied to our (current) local high school team the Valpo Vikings. As for the chili bowl, I assume their proud of their chili, but I've never had it.

...and all this "masks are slavery and oppression" talk...it is, and always was, inane. Masks may or may not have been a good idea and certainly aren't necessary for most of us now, but slavery and oppression? Puhleeze. You must be living a pretty soft and easy life.

Last edited:

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Great breakfast place. I had the "hungry man" omelet. Living the low-carb lifestyle, an omelet with sausage, bacon, ham, green peppers and onions is right up my alley.

I assume that "Viking" is tied to our (current) local high school team the Valpo Vikings. As for the chili bowl, I assume their proud of their chili, but I've never had it.

...and all this "masks are slavery and oppression" talk...it is, and always was, inane. Masks may or may not have been a good idea and certainly aren't necessary for most of us now, but slavery and oppression? Puhleeze. You must be living a pretty soft and easy life.

Some people place a high value on independence and personal freedom, others do not. Those who do not are very quick to mock and ridicule the stance of others. They are very reticent to engage in an exchange of relevant points. :thumbsup:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

You must not have any difficulty breathing.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Its a shame I won't get to try this. All my co-workers and I avoid Valpo like the plague on account of some deputies who need knots beat in their heads.

Top Bottom