• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I suspect the only place I'll have to mask this week is the post office, when we go to submit the girls' passport renewal applications. (The USPS is currently requiring appointments to do this. How utterly absurd...)
    And at the airport and on the plane, at least until early September if the don't extend it, yes?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I suspect the only place I'll have to mask this week is the post office, when we go to submit the girls' passport renewal applications. (The USPS is currently requiring appointments to do this. How utterly absurd...)
    If it is anything like at our main PO, it might be because almost nobody has their **** in order and it takes beaucoup time to complete each one. They are probably trying to limit how many man-hours get devoted to that purpose

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We were also told repeatedly that if we don't like the situation then we just stay home.
    I believe, more correctly, you were told if you could not be satisfied controlling only your own behavior then you should stay home rather than seek to control the behavior of others - because the others weren't having it

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    My daughter turned crazy when she moved to Chicago 3 years ago. Last February, she moved to LA, which removed any common sense that I tried to instill in her.. She just sent me this:
    4e50005cffe9d38c9ef5b65742b4dd9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    And at the airport and on the plane, at least until early September if the don't extend it, yes?
    Thankfully, I'm not flying this week.

Trip to Irvine, CA, in June; I expect it to be as per the current normal. Likely going to Toronto, CAN, the following week; that might be... interesting.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If it is anything like at our main PO, it might be because almost nobody has their **** in order and it takes beaucoup time to complete each one. They are probably trying to limit how many man-hours get devoted to that purpose
    The applications are completed. Photos taken already, too. We have to do little more than sign the applications and hand them over.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    On the plane is ridiculous too. yes, it's a fairly confined space. And masks could possibly keep someone's covid laced hockers out of your face when they sneeze. But the air is fairly well circulated and filtered. Even if virus is floating in the air, the mask isn't going to protect anyone from aerosolized particles anyway. Probably not gonna catch the covid on a commercial flight.

I think it's fair though to check people for symptoms before boarding. Masks? No. And certainly not for vaccinated people

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've long suspected that masks had nothing to do with it. I had a discussion with my son about it the other night. He used the low cases of flu since requiring masks. I asked him what other factors might account for that?

People stopped going to work. Kids stopped going to school. Those two things are the two top ways flu spreads. Just that along could account for a serious drop in flu cases. What else? Social distancing. Washing hands frequently. Being more aware of touching your face. After covid hit, a lot of ways the flu spreads just stopped. So what did masks do? :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Thankfully, I'm not flying this week.

Trip to Irvine, CA, in June; I expect it to be as per the current normal. Likely going to Toronto, CAN, the following week; that might be... interesting.
    We're planning a fall vacation that involves air travel. Hoping they don't renew it but not 'holding our breath' :)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The applications are completed. Photos taken already, too. We have to do little more than sign the applications and hand them over.
    Not sure about the circumstances, but have been in line at the PO for shipping stuff and the passport people in line, many with English as a second (or third?) language, are the gift that keeps on giving

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    On the plane is ridiculous too. yes, it's a fairly confined space. And masks could possibly keep someone's covid laced hockers out of your face when they sneeze. But the air is fairly well circulated and filtered. Even if virus is floating in the air, the mask isn't going to protect anyone from aerosolized particles anyway. Probably not gonna catch the covid on a commercial flight.

I think it's fair though to check people for symptoms before boarding. Masks? No. And certainly not for vaccinated people
    That's not a much of a given as you might expect. The rapidity of replacement/exchange of the cabin air, beyond an irreduceable minimum determined by cabin differential pressure, is controlled by the cockpit crew and faster air exchange means more bleed air from the engines used which means higher fuel burn

As the cost of jetfuel spikes, what do you think the effect will be on cabin air exchange rates?

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    That's not a much of a given as you might expect. The rapidity of replacement/exchange of the cabin air, beyond an irreduceable minimum determined by cabin differential pressure, is controlled by the cockpit crew and faster air exchange means more bleed air from the engines used which means higher fuel burn

As the cost of jetful spikes, what do you think the effect will be on cabin air exchange rates?

They should get a fan.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Conditioned people to believe big brother and obey

View attachment 141669
    I've never bought the "conditioning" talk. I think it's simpler than that. Elites thinking that people are idiots and they need something to distract them from the scary vaccine, and then media, because fear gets clicks, sell fear. And that kinda gives susceptible people CDS (covid derangement syndrome).

Top Bottom