• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My wife and I went to dinner last night, and at one point I overheard the lady behind me say: "My family was very upset when I tested positive, they said I got it at a restaurant and that I should quit going out to eat or I'm going to die. The thing is, I know it couldn't have been at a restaurant because all of the waiters and waitresses wear masks."

So wrong on so many levels.
    SMH!!!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How do you "know" where you got it from?
    Unless you never see anyone and never go anywhere.
    If several people get sick at the same time, after having been to the same place (school, restaurant etc) they can pinpoint the place of origin.

But if you go to a bunch of places and see a lot of people everyday it's almost impossible to know for sure.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If several people get sick at the same time, after having been to the same place (school, restaurant etc) they can pinpoint the place of origin.

But if you go to a bunch of places and see a lot of people everyday it's almost impossible to know for sure.
    I think the point is, without accurate testing it still is just a guess, a guess that is more likely to be correct the fewer contacts made…

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We were out running some errands this morning, and had to stop at the bakery to pick up a cake for get together we’re having. I pulled into a spot in front of the place and waited in the car while my wife went inside. A car pulled in next to me and a woman and pre teen girl got out. The woman walked on into the bakery, maskless, while the young girl stood outside in the rain fumbling around putting a mask on before going in! Keep in mind, the bakery doesn’t require masks, and nobody else was wearing one, aside from one lady behind the counter.

I found it weird that this kid is so conditioned for wearing a mask, it’s obviously a school thing. And why wear one if everybody you are in close contact with isn’t? Even if concerned about yourself spreading germs to others, why wouldn’t you have it on at all times, even if it’s just you and mom in the car?

So much ******** has been sold to school kids! The whole scenario just really pissed me off, not the least of it being the young girl being too dumb/brainwashed to realize on her own how ridiculous her actions are.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    We were out running some errands this morning, and had to stop at the bakery to pick up a cake for get together we’re having. I pulled into a spot in front of the place and waited in the car while my wife went inside. A car pulled in next to me and a woman and pre teen girl got out. The woman walked on into the bakery, maskless, while the young girl stood outside in the rain fumbling around putting a mask on before going in! Keep in mind, the bakery doesn’t require masks, and nobody else was wearing one, aside from one lady behind the counter.

I found it weird that this kid is so conditioned for wearing a mask, it’s obviously a school thing. And why wear one if everybody you are in close contact with isn’t? Even if concerned about yourself spreading germs to others, why wouldn’t you have it on at all times, even if it’s just you and mom in the car?

So much ******** has been sold to school kids! The whole scenario just really pissed me off, not the least of it being the young girl being too dumb/brainwashed to realize on her own how ridiculous her actions are.
    There’s a lot of that going around. I think it might be the worst part of the whole thing. Made a bunch of compliers for life overnight.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

That is stupid - and that is not even the worst part of the broken school system.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    A car pulled in next to me and a woman and pre teen girl got out. The woman walked on into the bakery, maskless, while the young girl stood outside in the rain fumbling around putting a mask on before going in! Keep in mind, the bakery doesn’t require masks, and nobody else was wearing one, aside from one lady behind the counter.

Yep, I've seen this dozens of times now.

It's easier to instill fear in the uneducated, though why that doesn't work with condoms/safe sex is a paradox.

Over the weekend I visited Half Price Books, and they had a sign saying "Masks are appreciated." I'd say about 3/4 of the people in there were wearing masks, and they were giving the mask less a wide berth.

Fine with me, I've always hated people being close enough for personal contact.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

This propaganda fear campaign has worked on so many including the young…

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've not seen masks on any of the wildlife around here so I figure I'm OK. Maybe the raccoons, but they're the forest's problem inhabitants.;)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

At least 13 counties in New York state are telling newly-tapped Democrat Gov. Kathy Hochul that they will not be enforcing her mask mandate on private businesses — and some of the county leaders are letting their displeasure over the “dictate” be known.

According to the New York Post, Orange County Executive Steve Neuhaus ripped Hochul, telling the governor he opposes “using Gestapo tactics and going business to business and asking them if they are enforcing masking.”

The order from Hochul puts the onus on businesses: either checking customers’ vaccine statuses or enforcing mask-wearing.

“My health department has critical things to do that are more important than enforcing this and I think small businesses have been through enough already,” Neuhaus ripped, adding, “God forbid the governor directs the state police to go out and enforce it.”

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

At least 13 counties in New York state are telling newly-tapped Democrat Gov. Kathy Hochul that they will not be enforcing her mask mandate on private businesses — and some of the county leaders are letting their displeasure over the “dictate” be known.

According to the New York Post, Orange County Executive Steve Neuhaus ripped Hochul, telling the governor he opposes “using Gestapo tactics and going business to business and asking them if they are enforcing masking.”

The order from Hochul puts the onus on businesses: either checking customers’ vaccine statuses or enforcing mask-wearing.

“My health department has critical things to do that are more important than enforcing this and I think small businesses have been through enough already,” Neuhaus ripped, adding, “God forbid the governor directs the state police to go out and enforce it.”
    Now, if just more people would do that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yes, it seems that most people have "given up", "changed their minds", or whatever.
    Whichever, but I think that early on, no one knew anything, so "why not" for a lot. Now, there's no state mask mandate, no talk of one, no reliable conclusions about masks, people can get vaccinated if they want to, there are treatments. We've all seen this thing for almost 2 years. This is what the end of pandemic looks like regardless of the case count.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Whichever, but I think that early on, no one knew anything, so "why not" for a lot. Now, there's no state mask mandate, no talk of one, no reliable conclusions about masks, people can get vaccinated if they want to, there are treatments. We've all seen this thing for almost 2 years. This is what the end of pandemic looks like regardless of the case count.
    That, and we can see what has happened in different States, with different rules.
    And the nazi States don't seem to have warranted such tactics.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

It's all over but the crying.

Top Bottom