• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

At least 13 counties in New York state are telling newly-tapped Democrat Gov. Kathy Hochul that they will not be enforcing her mask mandate on private businesses — and some of the county leaders are letting their displeasure over the “dictate” be known.

According to the New York Post, Orange County Executive Steve Neuhaus ripped Hochul, telling the governor he opposes “using Gestapo tactics and going business to business and asking them if they are enforcing masking.”

The order from Hochul puts the onus on businesses: either checking customers’ vaccine statuses or enforcing mask-wearing.

“My health department has critical things to do that are more important than enforcing this and I think small businesses have been through enough already,” Neuhaus ripped, adding, “God forbid the governor directs the state police to go out and enforce it.”

So what happens when she sends out the goons to enforce this? Does the county have a standoff between the sheriff and whatever ersatz UNSSU she sends? Big media will tag those counties as insurrectionists and the feds will come looking for the elusive white supremacists.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So what happens when she sends out the goons to enforce this? Does the county have a standoff between the sheriff and whatever ersatz UNSSU she sends? Big media will tag those counties as insurrectionists and the feds will come looking for the elusive white supremacists.
    I don't think counties will do much of anything. Based on the original article, I took the comments from local officials to basically mean, 'we don't have the people or money to enforce this, so you should do it yourself.'

I don't think their beef is with the actual mandates, only that the governor expects them to enforce compliance.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It will when the masses refuse to fly and bankrupt the airlines.
    Good luck driving to Europe or any other country outside the CONUS. Or even within CONUS when they mandate EVs...

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Good luck driving to Europe or any other country outside the CONUS. Or even within CONUS when they mandate EVs...

I have zero need to go to Europe. Even less to travel CONUS that leads to spending money that benefits large corporations. I have zero need for air travel. I’ve seen the portions of this country that interested me by car. Living in rural Indiana and practicing my aim fills my needs just fine.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have zero need to go to Europe. Even less to travel CONUS that leads to spending money that benefits large corporations. I have zero need for air travel. I’ve seen the portions of this country that interested me by car. Living in rural Indiana and practicing my aim fills my needs just fine.

That is a very good point. I don't have any inclination to fly either. What might change my mind though is no hassles and cheap flights, neither of which will result from any blip in the revenue that the airlines are accustomed to having.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I'm a pilot. When I fly no masks are required and in fact would make it difficult to communicate with ATC

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm a pilot. When I fly no masks are required and in fact would make it difficult to communicate with ATC
    But some of us are forced to fly commercial...

iu

:p

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Makes you wonder what gets into people sometimes.:nuts:

She doesn't realize that the flight crew is within their rights to come back in the cabin and cold cock her for doing stuff like that.

Wait till she gets the bill. There can be some heavy fines

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Like the man said, only place you can't drive to in the US is Hawaii, and it is overrated and overrun (with liberals and the woke)

The drive can be problematic with the "plague" going on.
    Canada has severely restricted travel thru to Alaska.

A coworker went to Alaska to help his son move there.
    He called ahead of time and was told it was okay.
    Then, he got to the border, and took hours trying to get someone to okay it again.
    The were going to let the son go, because he was moving, but my coworker, they had a problem with that.
    And when he was finally "allowed", there were many restrictions.
    No sight seeing.
    And restrictions on eating, fueling, bathrooms.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Top Bottom