• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    By 2023, the picture was completely different: only 11 percent described themselves as very or somewhat conservative, 21 percent as middle of the road, and 67 percent of listeners said they were very or somewhat liberal. We weren’t just losing conservatives; we were also losing moderates and traditional liberals.”

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I gave up on NPR when I, as a casual news observer, could clearly hear liberal bias in their reporting. And, my life got a lot better when I quit listening to an hour of news every day!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I gave up on NPR when I, as a casual news observer, could clearly hear liberal bias in their reporting. And, my life got a lot better when I quit listening to an hour of news every day!
    I rarely listen to and even more rarely watch the news(it has been a decade or so). I find it distracts one from actual facts.
    Reading news is faster by a wide margin and I can spot bias, steering, and manipulation of the reader easily in written form. It is just simpler for me to see any actual facts presented in written form. AI is making it more difficult though.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I rarely listen to and even more rarely watch the news(it has been a decade or so). I find it distracts one from actual facts.
    Reading news is faster by a wide margin and I can spot bias, steering, and manipulation of the reader easily in written form. It is just simpler for me to see any actual facts presented in written form. AI is making it more difficult though.
    I get annoyed with so much news posted here being video. I don’t have that kind of time to watch hours of video a day. I too read my information.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I still listed most every morning for a few minutes. Always good to know what the enemy is up to. The bias is clear, and I sometimes end up shouting at the radio. A few minutes is all my blood pressure can take.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I wish they would get out of the news business. They are duplicating content already available elsewhere, typically free. It is disgustingly bias. If they are dead set on news, syndicate BBC content. The World Service has better content all around.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Looking at the new NPR CEO's tweets, I can't help but wonder if this is what happens when teenage girls grow up and stop being anorexic and cutting on themselves. Their self-loathing just moves in a different direction. Very sad. :nuts:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It used to have some good programs, but deteriorated and I gave up on it. You really had to like global warming or orange man bad delivered with a shrill intensity to stay with it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What's it matter? About like throwing a deck chair off of a sinking cruise ship the to slow it down. We're to the point that they'll be able to double to funding every year from here on out and it still won't be enough to keep up with the "value" of the dollar.

Top Bottom