These Corporations Are Anything But American; Though The Public Thinks They are...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And they didn’t when the feds required them to do so?
    I don't think they complained about that. Them complaining about voter ID, which is unrelated to flying passengers to their destinations, is just woke ********. There's nothing wrong with requiring ID to help prove the person voting is the person registered to the address. As long as provisions are made to help people get the ID's who have a hard time getting them. Indiana's system passed the SCOTUS test. No reason others can't.

(Just catching up on my INGOing)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't think they complained about that. Them complaining about voter ID, which is unrelated to flying passengers to their destinations, is just woke ********. There's nothing wrong with requiring ID to help prove the person voting is the person registered to the address. As long as provisions are made to help people get the ID's who have a hard time getting them. Indiana's system passed the SCOTUS test. No reason others can't.

What's baffling to me is that these same people never complain about ID being an issue anywhere else.
    You can't get on a plane without an ID. You can't get a covid vaccine without an ID. You can't buy a gun without an ID.

Why do they never complain about those things?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What's baffling to me is that these same people never complain about ID being an issue anywhere else.
    You can't get on a plane without an ID. You can't get a covid vaccine without an ID. You can't buy a gun without an ID.

Why do they never complain about those things?
    Knowing people's ID is beneficial. Airlines probably like the the government requirement because they can claim "government regulations" and not be the assholes. But OMG, asking for ID to improve the integrity of elections and :runaway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Yes, the complained about it. People complained when they changed entry rules for Canada and Mexico. They complained when the “Real ID” became a requirement.

We shall disagree about the ID requirement for voting.... I believe the ability to vote on the people who will make laws you are subject to is a right. You apparently disagree.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, the complained about it. People complained when they changed entry rules for Canada and Mexico. They complained when the “Real ID” became a requirement.

We shall disagree about the ID requirement for voting.... I believe the ability to vote on the people who will make laws you are subject to is a right. You apparently disagree.
    No right is absolute. There is another side to it. There are competing interests. 1) the ability to vote on the people who will make the laws one is subject to. It’s not like if you hold the view I do, it precludes that belief. 2) the integrity of the election is also a right. No one should have a higher portion if the cote. One person, one vote. Also, no one from outside a district should have a vote in that district. It’s not a violation of the first principle to require proof of the 2nd. Voter ID is just one way to do that. As long as the measures put in place to assure the 2nd principle do not interfere with the 2nd, there is no problem at all.

I suspect that many of the people who poo on voter ID at least subconsciously like a thumb on the scales to tip things their way. Why wouldn’t people want to assure the highest integrity election if it can be done in a way that does not inhibit one’s ability to vote? I don’t see the bleeding hearts going out of their way to help elderly MAGA voters to the polls. It’s reasonable to suspect they don’t actually give a **** beyond making sure the most Democrats get to the polls.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

I’m just curious, if requiring an ID is infringing a right, what does that make requiring a background check?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I’m just curious, if requiring an ID is infringing a right, what does that make requiring a background check?
    If say the same. If the person is free enough that they can walk into a store, then they are free enough to purchase a firearm.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Top Bottom