actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    stk-halloween-costume-party-BW1N9G.jpg

Wonder why no one is calling out Chrissy Teigen for "cultural appropriation"

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

"Ames was grilled about her “ethnic background,” chastised by a colleague at a training session when she shared her grandparents’ experience during the Holocaust in Poland, and “admonished” when she declined requests at superintendents meetings to take part in the comic book movie-inspired “Wakanda Forever” salute to “black power,” she charges in the legal filing."
    Wait- isn't Wakanda completely fictional?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So no one will mind if I convince our school district to give the Three Amigos salute, right?
    I don’t think anyone cared that some superintendent did a comic book salute. I’d laugh if you did it. I’d especially laugh if a superintendent of a school did it. It’s when you (allegedly) fire people because they won’t do it when you tell them they have to do it, that people might push back on that.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Apparently there are marches on each coast to “Unite Against White Nationalism,” wherein they are protesting violence against persons of Asian descent. There have been a couple of unhinged attacks against two men; however the important takeaway from these protests:

The attackers were not white.

See the article for details.

(Note: I have heard the stories separately from open sources, but the article discusses both cases with accuracy and brevity. I chose this article for that reason; I don’t know about the politics of this site. It appears to be an open source compendium.)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Apparently there are marches on each coast to “Unite Against White Nationalism,” wherein they are protesting violence against persons of Asian descent. There have been a couple of unhinged attacks against two men; however the important takeaway from these protests:

(Note: I have heard the stories separately from open sources, but the article discusses both cases with accuracy and brevity. I chose this article for that reason; I don’t know about the politics of this site. It appears to be an open source compendium.)
    Clayton Bigsby strikes again?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

These people are insane. Besides, Asians are white according to the same people that say they are targets of white nationalists... who happen to be black.

https://reason.com/2020/11/16/equity-report-north-thurston-asian-students-of-color/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom