The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Jeez, this thing is dense. I'm going to find my wife's food scale, but I'm guessing that it weighs at least a half-pound !
    Today, I held a tooth of the largest creature that ever lived in the sea. For 20 million years, the Megalodon shark ruled the oceans.

i-3qJbCcs-X2.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Jeez, this thing is dense. I'm going to find my wife's food scale, but I'm guessing that it weighs at least a half-pound !
    Today, I held a tooth of the largest creature that ever lived in the sea. For 20 million years, the Megalodon shark ruled the oceans.

i-3qJbCcs-X2.jpg
    Don needed to take better care of his teeth! Should get him some whitening strips.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Morning folks… Worked in the garden with my lady last night for about 6 hours after work… She decided she wanted to expand, so it went from about 12x12 to 30x30. Cleaned up some weeds after tilling and realized the tiller missed some spots, so I had quite a bit of hand tilling to do and lots of raking… worked muscles I didn’t know I had. Sore this morning, but loosening up. Coffee will help. We are trying corn this year so I’m excited to watch that grow.
    A trick I've used in the past to keep coons and deer out of my sweetcorn is to hang a radio inside a plastic bag in the middle of the corn patch.

WAIT to do this until the corn is starting to get ready enough that coons and deer will eat it at night.

Tune it to a talk station, and turn it on at dusk and turn it off in the morning.

I had a 3/5 acre sweetcorn patch some years back for some years and used two radios like this spread out and it worked perfectly!
    I had near zero damage to the sweetcorn by coons and deer year after year..

I believe the combination of the human scent from going in and out of the patch every evening and morning, PLUS the talking sound at night keeps them away.

I heard about this trick from some relatives who farm.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I
    A trick I've used in the past to keep coons and deer out of my sweetcorn is to hang a radio inside a plastic bag in the middle of the corn patch.

WAIT to do this until the corn is starting to get ready enough that coons and deer will eat it at night.

Tune it to a talk station, and turn it on at dusk and turn it off in the morning.

I had a 3/5 acre sweetcorn patch some years back for some years and used two radios like this spread out and it worked perfectly!
    I had near zero damage to the sweetcorn by coons and deer year after year..

I believe the combination of the human scent from going in and out of the patch every evening and morning, PLUS the talking sound at night keeps them away.

I heard about this trick from some relatives who farm.
    Interesting. Feeding the plants some Dave Ramsey sounds like a good idea.

We keep a wind chime out there for this purpose. Does it help? Who knows. Makes me feel good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom