The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    More than I do by far. I have been trying to do some stuff in pots/buckets to conserve sq. ft. @ ground level.

Basically I grow enough to make salsa and pickles.
    We have been expanding a little every year. We sit on 1/2 acre in city limits, good sized lot. We could definitely go much bigger, but we are growing into it. It’s her hobby, I wasn’t raised on veggies so it’s all new to me. I’m up for it. This year will be the first that I really help much.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Man, that is some serious beamwork in that first pic. Is that a log cabin type house?

Congrats on the low mortgage. It was a tremendous load off our shoulders when it was paid off.

First story is log, second story is post and beam frame with stress skin panels (foam sandwiched between drywall and OSB) and roof is on 2"x10" rafters. Whole thing is 24x36 on a poured basement.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Our dirt patch and compost pile. Plenty of room to grow.

View attachment 202291 View attachment 202292
    Compost piles are great but require turning to keep the aerobic decomposition going. We use a tumbler for the kitchen waste and add grass for the green stuff. Turns it into dirt much faster than the pile. Want to find two square plastic barrels with screw on lids, about 30 gallon and make a tumbler of my own design.
    Things that are too bulky for the tumbler go into a pile in a cage.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Compost piles are great but require turning to keep the aerobic decomposition going. We use a tumbler for the kitchen waste and add grass for the green stuff. Turns it into dirt much faster than the pile. Want to find two square plastic barrels with screw on lids, about 30 gallon and make a tumbler of my own design.
    Things that are too bulky for the tumbler go into a pile in a cage.
    I just add random holes full of fish heads. Honestly too lazy to compost. Mulch it into oblivion!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I just add random holes full of fish heads. Honestly too lazy to compost. Mulch it into oblivion!
    Smart choice ..... the turkeys need your attention .... not the dirt ! :alright:

I used to have a decent size garden, and I took care of it for years (I stress "I", because I was the only one that ever did any work on it).
    The grocery store has plenty of veggies, and I can goof around more these days !
    True story, and no regrets. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom