The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Business looks good for the rest of the year. Retirements are killing manufacturing in Indiana, but I think I'm going to have to brush up on my Spanish.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks… Worked in the garden with my lady last night for about 6 hours after work… She decided she wanted to expand, so it went from about 12x12 to 30x30. Cleaned up some weeds after tilling and realized the tiller missed some spots, so I had quite a bit of hand tilling to do and lots of raking… worked muscles I didn’t know I had. Sore this morning, but loosening up. Coffee will help. We are trying corn this year so I’m excited to watch that grow.
    Get a couple coon cuffs or live traps. Betting you'll need them.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Morning folks… Worked in the garden with my lady last night for about 6 hours after work… She decided she wanted to expand, so it went from about 12x12 to 30x30. Cleaned up some weeds after tilling and realized the tiller missed some spots, so I had quite a bit of hand tilling to do and lots of raking… worked muscles I didn’t know I had. Sore this morning, but loosening up. Coffee will help. We are trying corn this year so I’m excited to watch that grow.
    Been holding around 25x25 for last 2 seasons. Will expand, but not until new fencing is done next year or so. What all do you grow?

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Is there a CZicko in Greenwood that would participate in getting a piece of tube steel to @patience0830. My mother is headed to Greenwood tonight and spending the night with my brother on her way to TN. I could send it with her if someone is willing to meet in a public setting (Walmart or something down there) tonight. If you can help out please pm me. Sorry for the short notice, she just let me know today. Also she probably wont be able to lift it out of her vehicle.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Is there a CZicko in Greenwood that would participate in getting a piece of tube steel to @patience0830. My mother is headed to Greenwood tonight and spending the night with my brother on her way to TN. I could send it with her if someone is willing to meet in a public setting (Walmart or something down there) tonight. If you can help out please pm me.
    I can meet her. Just let me know what time.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Been holding around 25x25 for last 2 seasons. Will expand, but not until new fencing is done next year or so. What all do you grow?
    I just move the dirt around. We are in the process of figuring out a fence now.

Mama says:
    Tomato
    Cherry tomato
    Jalapeño
    Green beans
    Bell pepper
    Peas
    Corn
    Watermelon
    Zucchini
    Acorn squash
    Butternut squash
    Pumpkin

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    So you have a small garden…:stickpoke: Ours is about 45x110. That includes a strawberry plot. We have potatoes, tomatoes, green beans,green peppers, onions, coolapenos , pickles and melons.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I just move the dirt around. We are in the process of figuring out a fence now.

Mama says:
    Tomato
    Cherry tomato
    Jalapeño
    Green beans
    Bell pepper
    Peas
    Corn
    Watermelon
    Zucchini
    Acorn squash
    Butternut squash
    Pumpkin
    More than I do by far. I have been trying to do some stuff in pots/buckets to conserve sq. ft. @ ground level.

Basically I grow enough to make salsa and pickles.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    So you have a small garden…:stickpoke: Ours is about 45x110. That includes a strawberry plot. We have potatoes, tomatoes, green beans,green peppers, onions, coolapenos , pickles and melons.
    Hell, that's half my backyard. Lol. I have plans for strawberry and blackberry bushes when I move the perimeter fence. All in due time, dirt ain't going no where.

I couldn't resist....

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    4 BIG Tom turkeys in the drive this morning. Whoppers.

So we finally found a good spot for a trailcam in our southern property, at the junction of one of our roads and a critter trail. The first pic I'm posting shows a turkey. There were a bunch of similar pics.

Then I came across the big cat pics. This guy is patrolling night and day. I have one where he's laying with his butt towards the camera, ready to pounce, but you can't see much except his spots. I wonder how many turkeys they take like this, through ambush?

Bobcats are badass!

WGI_0764.JPG

WGI_0590.JPG

WGI_0609.JPG

WGI_0674.JPG

WGI_0892.JPG

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Awesome. I would go that route if I had the space. I like the fencing. My modest patch as of last Sunday..
    6a937dbb5a02c5f33eb13c50a9cad3e9.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom