• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Might I add…..GOOD Carbon MonOxide detectors save lives!!!!
    Don’t buy the idiot light only cheap ones.
    Digital ppm display that plugs in and has battery back up.
    I've got a couple of these already (that are supposed to show ppm, etc), and thinking about adding 1 or 2 more to cover all sleeping areas. I have 1 in Master bedroom, and 1 in the basement (along with the more standard less intelligent ones that don't show ppm) currently. Thinking of adding 1 to each of the other bedrooms and maybe the main living space. Mine are the sealed battery type (no plug in, I believe).

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Good Morning : My Peep-Hole

Today I am carless, as my beloved 144,000 mile Subaru Outback has an interesting clicking sound in the front left.

Probably not a hub as it is too rhythmic. Consistently getting louder and really sings when I turn hard left.

Took it to my "guy" and he states its prolly a CV joint....nice, on my car that only drives straight lines for 144,000 miles.

Mkay, whatever, lets get the credit card warmed up and do this.

Maybe it's time for that new to me used Tundra I've been dreaming about.

YMMV

HB, if your heart is set on a Tundra, I get that. But I can enthusiastically recommend the new Outbacks. I have the '21 Limited XT with the turbo, and it's a hoot to run hard if you're so inclined. Also very comfortable and capable. It's my first Outback, but I heard they really enhanced the interior noise levels and smoother ride with the newer ones.

I think you're going to take a hit on gas mileage also with the Tundra, driving as many miles as you do.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    HB, if your heart is set on a Tundra, I get that. But I can enthusiastically recommend the new Outbacks. I have the '21 Limited XT with the turbo, and it's a hoot to run hard if you're so inclined. Also very comfortable and capable. It's my first Outback, but I heard they really enhanced the interior noise levels and smoother ride with the newer ones.

I think you're going to take a hit on gas mileage also with the Tundra, driving as many miles as you do.

yes, I did read up on the new OBacks. I had a 2006 Outback XT Turbo and pulled 155,000 sMiles on it with out incident.

Probably shouldn't had traded it for the new 2015 I bought.

Plugged a very quick 133,000 on that '15 and traded for my current 2018 with now 144,000 sMiles.

I know I'll probably kick myself into next month with trading and buying a used Tundra...but life is an adventure and I'm just the guy
    to do something crazy like this. I've wanted something to go pull a travel trailer, something reliable with V-8 power.

I believe the Tundra V-8 gets a staggering 17mpg on the road on a good day.

My Mileage May Vary (*MMMV*) ha haha B^)

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    yes, I did read up on the new OBacks. I had a 2006 Outback XT Turbo and pulled 155,000 sMiles on it with out incident.

Probably shouldn't had traded it for the new 2015 I bought.

Plugged a very quick 133,000 on that '15 and traded for my current 2018 with now 144,000 sMiles.

I know I'll probably kick myself into next month with trading and buying a used Tundra...but life is an adventure and I'm just the guy
    to do something crazy like this. I've wanted something to go pull a travel trailer, something reliable with V-8 power.

I believe the Tundra V-8 gets a staggering 17mpg on the road on a good day.

My Mileage May Vary (*MMMV*) ha haha B^)

I drove pickups for many years and enjoyed those too. Ford Rangers, F250, Explorer and Nissan Frontier. Loved them all, but the Outback is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sorry to hear that it’s still got you down WT. Keep an eye on the O2 sats and get to a doctor if they get too low. Like already said, keep the vitamins up and try to get some exposure to the sunlight if you can.

Let me know if there’s anything I can drop off for you. I’m only 10 minutes away from your place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom