Not open for further replies.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Besides, I'm sure he has Mrs. fpd9317 take care of his "spit shining".:D

Geez guys...........I was talkin bout my BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a busy night the other night and gotta get some scuffs off. Ya'll mind's are in the gutter

Now please...........carry on with the thread

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    My memory must be fuzzy. It MUST have been someone other than Muslimes who attacked the country on 9/11 and who assassinate those they don't agree with. We didn't start this war. Make no mistake, this IS a war. It has started already, and we all know who the instigator is. There's no way to discuss this without running afoul of the new anti-religious discussion-rules, so all I can say is that we didn't start this fight. It's wrong to say that burning a few books will get more people killed. How about we hold the people who attack our country responsible for their actions, and not call this man an "American extremist". Extremist? Good grief.

There is no good answer. If the government stops him from burning his Korans then they are taking away his freedom. He has to be allowed to exercise his rights no matter who it ticks off. The enemy will either use the incident as propoganda or they will force us to deny one of our citizens his rights.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    There is no good answer. If the government stops him from burning his Korans then they are taking away his freedom. He has to be allowed to exercise his rights no matter who it ticks off. The enemy will either use the incident as propoganda or they will force us to deny one of our citizens his rights.

I heard he was denied a burn permit....... don't think you can stop someone from doing it on private property though as long as you follow the laws/rules when burning...... IE no open burning if open burning is not allowed....

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

Yes. I'd rather they try and use it for propoganda.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    My memory must be fuzzy. It MUST have been someone other than Muslimes who attacked the country on 9/11 and who assassinate those they don't agree with. We didn't start this war. Make no mistake, this IS a war. It has started already, and we all know who the instigator is. There's no way to discuss this without running afoul of the new anti-religious discussion-rules, so all I can say is that we didn't start this fight. It's wrong to say that burning a few books will get more people killed. How about we hold the people who attack our country responsible for their actions, and not call this man an "American extremist". Extremist? Good grief.

The Muslims didn't start the war, the folks that use religion as their means of recruitment, training and "carrot on the stick" for the under or uneducated did. It all boils down to a few folks that were screwed one way or another (or specifically, the self indulgent idea that they were screwed) by the US. Did we do it knowingly? Most likely not. But, we still have to face the concepts of what their main weapon is: Religion.

I would love to hold those responsible for 9/11 accountable and our military is trying to do that. But invariably, they play into the concept of the "devil" that those using religion for their benefit are portraying to those under their brainwashing.

I believe the burner is an extremist, not only politically, but also religiously. Those who cannot accept the world as being polymorphic in culture, race and otherwise are doomed to be treaded upon and eventually crushed by the unstoppable power of the outside world. I really think those who dont want the world to change are playing a waiting game. But at the core, the pastor (for a better term, charlatan, conman, I can think of other terms for guys like this) are using their power, even if over a small amount of people, to embark on his own American Experiment, potentially leading the rest of our Experiment into failure or irrepairable damage. One person killed due to this man's actions is too many and HE should be held accountable for it.

It is unneccesary advancement or escalation in a situation that needs to be tackled lightly and precisely. Go ahead and kill terrorists. But the idea of "nuke the middle east" is sickening as it will punish thousands for one man's action, such as the above.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    IF and only if something becomes of it, the whole world is either envious or wishes they could have what we have, in our right to freedom of speech. If the enemy tries to use it for propaganda, it just may fuel more backlash upon them, being seen as trying to stamp out freedom and submit to what they feel is right in their distorted view.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

I dont neccesarily believe the U.S. govt wasnt involved either, matter of fact, im pretty convinced of it, and I dont consider myself a fall for anything type guy. I do agree we need to hold ALL of the people who attacked us accountable.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I dont neccesarily believe the U.S. govt wasnt involved either, matter of fact, im pretty convinced of it, and I dont consider myself a fall for anything type guy. I do agree we need to hold ALL of the people who attacked us accountable.

Right on both counts. All should be held accountable, and if they are not in this life, they most certainly will be in the next. This wouldn't be the first time that the government has deliberately had it's hand in a catastrophe (false flagging), and it will not be the last.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton

This.

They're going to use it as propoganda or they will find something else and use it. If we allow our citizen's rights to be trampled, they win. That's what terrorism tries to do.

and this.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Just another example of how WEAK the leaders and citizens of this country have become. Our once proud symbol has been replaced by a nervous ostrich with it's head stuck in the sand.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Cowardice, a new American trait.

EDIT - RETRACTION OF PREVIOUS POST -

If the Florida Pastor is able to get the Ground Zero Mosque moved, then kudos to him.

Planned Koran Burning Draws International Scorn

Although some protests in Afghanistan and Pakistan rippled with scenes of burning American flags,

In 2006, a Danish newspaper set off an enduring battle over freedom of expression versus religious respect — and spawned another wave of violent protests around the world

In Iraq, the Web site of Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki carried a message saying that “all measures” should be taken to prevent “this ugly act.”

In Pakistan and Afghanistan, hundreds of protesters — at least one group of them organized by a local politician —

took to the streets to decry the church’s plans.
    Some carried signs declaring, “Obama: Stop Florida Church.” Others set fire to American flags and effigies of Mr. Jones.
    Mideast outraged at planned Koran burning - Yahoo! News

10protests-articleLarge.jpg

kabul-koran.jpg

2010-09-06t235100z_01_btre68516xf00_rtroptp_3_afghanistan-protest.grid-6x2.jpg

article-1309696-0B0F1F13000005DC-748_468x312.jpg

article-1309696-0B09529E000005DC-172_468x308.jpg

afghanistan-xms102jpg-70d1fea6cca15d7b_large.jpg

flag_burning.jpg

PH2010090701852.jpg

capt.bb53b30e82e34d6b87ae51d853725e46.india_kashmir_protest_rmx105.jpg

pic.php
    koran-burningjpg-b80cf8503c638980_large.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom