Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I wonder if we issue a warning that for every American killed a city will disappear in one of their countries, what effect that would have?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Sheesh...what if it were Bible burning? I'm sure Interpol would be issuing a potential WWIII engagement for that freedom of speech incident.

Maybe it's time the Israelis bust the Iranians in the chops and knock down their nuke site...kinda keep the fray in the MidEast.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Sheesh...what if it were Bible burning? I'm sure Interpol would be issuing a potential WWIII engagement for that freedom of speech incident.

Maybe it's time the Israelis bust the Iranians in the chops and knock down their nuke site...kinda keep the fray in the MidEast.

Or we could just do it and then blame somebody else.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I wonder if we issue a warning that for every American killed a city will disappear in one of their countries, what effect that would have?

The problem is which city? So if a home grown terrorist attacks than we Nuke Houston because he was born there? Welcome to Asymmetric Warfare.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Sounds like a page out of Swordfish...

Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb ten. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourists, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that it becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    The problem is which city? So if a home grown terrorist attacks than we Nuke Houston because he was born there? Welcome to Asymmetric Warfare.

I think what Expat is getting at (and please correct me if I am wrong) is that we always try to give a fair, measured response to provocations which are neither fair nor measured. Perhaps showing an unfair, unmeasured response might send a more clear message to terrorists that we can do far more damage than they can ever dream of.

My own thoughts:

Just like the folks that want to build a mosque at ground zero have a right to do what they please with their own land, the pastor down in Florida has a right to do what he pleases with his own books. Sorry if those things make folks mad but its a free country. Any retaliation in response to lawful action is an attack on that freedom.

I don't agree with burning any book, but I will fight for that nut case's right to do what he pleases with his own property.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    (snip)

Just like the folks that want to build a mosque at ground zero have a right to do what they please with their own land, the pastor down in Florida has a right to do what he pleases with his own books. Sorry if those things make folks mad but its a free country. Any retaliation in response to lawful action is an attack on that freedom.

I don't agree with burning any book, but I will fight for that nut case's right to do what he pleases with his own property.

I was curious as to how the pastor obtained all of these korans.

If he purchased them then wouldn't he also be contributing to them...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    As little as I think this book burning is going to accomplish (other than raise a big stink), I support the idiot's right to do it and I don't like the idea of the 'gubmint' pressuring this bozo and threatening him.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I seriously doubt this would have any REAL escalation of the threat levels. Local or worldwide. That said, the church is just plain wrong for doing this burn. As a Christian I say double standard.

Now if they wanted to have fun, put it in the stalls and use it for TP. (Assuming its on some soft paper.)

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I seriously doubt this would have any REAL escalation of the threat levels. Local or worldwide. That said, the church is just plain wrong for doing this burn. As a Christian I say double standard.

Now if they wanted to have fun, put it in the stalls and use it for TP. (Assuming its on some soft paper.)

Considering what the Quaran means to them I can see them doing something but like you said using it as TP would be FAR FAR FAR more insulting in all seriousness.:laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom