• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I'm trying to figure out what all the hullabaloo is about - I mean, isn't Islam a peaceful, moderate society? Surely, muslims wouldn't take it to heart as an insult, right? Right??? No need for a TERROR ALERT, I mean they can behave themselves, right?

Huh, that's funny - I was always told it was a peaceful religion....

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Like this is going to make crazy people any crazier.

Bunch of ado about nothing.

BTW, crazy people don't need a reason to be crazy. This is just another excuse as to why they think they're justified.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    White House discussing whether to call Florida pastor threatening 9/11 Koran burning

More headlines from FoxNews.com:
    FOXNews.com - Breaking News | Latest News | Current News

UGH!!!! Hey White House, there are more important issues to deal with in the US. Long list!

Okay...sounds like the Oblunder admin throwing up the cloak to secretly be doing something else...totally different than what they are talking about. Keep the target off the economy, jobs, healthcare...da da da da da...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    heres my serious question. why do we give dingleberries air time on TV?? WORLD NEWS??? SERIOUSLY??? we are gonna let every whack job in the U.S. affect U.S. policy and security?

I think this is the point. Supposedly this is a small cult of 50 people. Why did it ever hit the national media? Because the MSM saw the chance to make some goofy ass Christian group look like loons and then lump all Christians in with them (Mods, sorry for the overt religious comment but I think it is suitable here as part of this discussion). This should never have been noticed by the rest of the world.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Once again, it's stupid crap like this that distracts the populace from important issues. They want us to worry about this garbage (mosque in NY and this book burning) rather than the economy, jobs, the national debt, size of govt, govt. spending, illegal immigration.... Yeah, this idiot and his koran bonfire (which yes, I beleive is ignorant for many reasons) is what is really important....:rolleyes::noway:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Will someone please issue a terror alert because of all the American flags that have been burned this past week??? I have known a lot of good people who gave up their lives for that sacred "piece of cloth"!!!!

Sorry, sometimes certain "rights" are outweighed by acts of stupidity.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    There for a while it seemed that we raised the colorized terror alert level every time the wind blew from any direction but straight from the West. Remember the "duct tape yourself inside your house" debacle?

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I think the The news needs to stop driving fear into people, when did we start worrying about what other people think

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    None, because it'd be an empty threat.

Probably so if coming from you or Obama...

If I was POTUS, they would believe it after the first one. But then people who actually mean what they say can't get elected in this country. It makes the sheep nervous.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Considering what the Quaran means to them I can see them doing something but like you said using it as TP would be FAR FAR FAR more insulting in all seriousness.:laugh:

Use it for TP for your dog or your pet pot bellied pig.

heres my serious question. why do we give dingleberries air time on TV?? WORLD NEWS??? SERIOUSLY??? we are gonna let every whack job in the U.S. affect U.S. policy and security?

I'm waiting for Snooki to weigh in.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Wasn't it back in '05 or something when that cartoonist in Denmark depicted muhamed with a mushroom cloud coming out of his head? I really don't see any difference here in expressing a freedom of speech. I think there were plots to attack not only him but (Mods: not getting into religious argument here) Christians all around the world...in the end there were some big protests and some boycotts of Danish goods, but I think rioting was limited to basically in some Middle Eastern cities.

That gonna really be detrimental to have them boycott American goods...wait a minute...we don't have any goods to boycott. We buy our stuff from China.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wasn't it back in '05 or something when that cartoonist in Denmark depicted muhamed with a mushroom cloud coming out of his head? I really don't see any difference here in expressing a freedom of speech. I think there were plots to attack not only him but (Mods: not getting into religious argument here) Christians all around the world...in the end there were some big protests and some boycotts of Danish goods, but I think rioting was limited to basically in some Middle Eastern cities.

That gonna really be detrimental to have them boycott American goods...wait a minute...we don't have any goods to boycott. We buy our stuff from China.

Oh there was a lot of rioting, and as I recall a bunch of them got killed, hundreds if not thousands.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Oh there was a lot of rioting, and as I recall a bunch of them got killed, hundreds if not thousands.

Who is "them"?...the rioters? a general mix of the population in the crowd? I can't recall...but it was primarily in Middle Eastern cities, where 90% of everyone has no job and nothing to do anyway. So when it started, the monkey mentality took over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom