• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    But, he has hit upon something that hurts a large, relatively powerful sect overseas and domestic. We joke and belittle our opponents, but those who are warping religion to their own mean (such as the Taliban leadership, they aren't Muslim, they pretend to be so they can use religion to get folks to suicide bomb places for them, convienient tools) They already have extremists on their side (many of which are illiterate and have to have others interpret the Quran for them, including hypocrits using Islam for private gain), the burning will only serve to drive others who are on the fence, so to speak, towards extremism.

:(

“Take not the Jews and Christians for friends ... slay the idolaters [infidels] wherever ye find them. ...Fight against those who ... believe not in Allah nor the Last Day” (Sura 5:51; 9:5,29,41).

straight from the Koran. All the P.C. crap in the world does not change the fact that a "good" muslim is one who would gladly kill me, my wife and my children....oh wait I've got two daughters who are least six, under muslim law that's marryin' age. Mohamed (blessed be his name) married Aisha at six and restrained himself until she was nine. Those people need to be knocked off the face of the planet.

P.S. They also hate bacon and puppies

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    One person killed due to this man's actions is too many and HE should be held accountable for it.
    snip.

Your entire argument demanding that American citizens be stripped of their rights is ridiculous, but this is even more so.

But, let's play along. I find all those people burning our flag over an American exercising his rights, even if we disagree with his statements, to be repuslive worms. Many of those are doing so under the guise of being religiously offended. Using your reasoning, should I be allowed to go burn a mosque to the ground tonight, and be able to successfully use the defense that THEY should be held responsible because they "inflamed" me?

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Just specualtion on my part, but, by the time this was a national newswire headline, it didn't matter if the Quran was burnt or not.

They burn it, it's bad.

They don't burn it, then it's still a victory.

The damage was already done once this became a media talking point.

In my opinion.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    THIS IS STUPID.

Im glad the Pastor is going to stop the burning, but only on the grounds, that the MOSQUE in NY NOT BE BUILT, ONLY ON THOSE TERMS!

The PASTOR IS NOT, AND CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR GUILTY IF SOME LUNATIC KILLS PEOPLE.
    Quit attributing any hypothetical blame to him.

muslims_burning_flag-760634.jpg
    b48399973.jpg

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    THIS IS STUPID.

Im glad the Pastor is going to stop the burning, but only on the grounds, that the MOSQUE in NY NOT BE BUILT, ONLY ON THOSE TERMS!

We'll wait and see about the mosque thing. They may build it anyway and whoever made the deal sounds like it was not done in good faith. Imagine that. The old switcharoo.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    THIS IS STUPID.

The PASTOR IS NOT, AND CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR GUILTY IF SOME LUNATIC KILLS PEOPLE.
    Quit attributing any hypothetical blame to him.

This. People killing others should be held responsible. To say that the pastor would be responsible for deaths is irresponsible and indicates a lack of knowledge of the issue. They will CONTINUE to attack Americans and others who do not share their misguided faith, regardless if anyone burns some paper or not. You know it to be true.

Florida pastor calls off burning of Qurans - CNN.com

Good. If it saves a few lives it's worth it that he voluntarily called it off.

This posts makes no sense. You also can't have it both ways. The attitude displayed in your post makes me very uneasy. :twocents:

"It's good that he bowed to pressure from the government attempting (successfully) to restrict his 1st Amendment rights. It saved a few lives."

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    We'll wait and see about the mosque thing. They may build it anyway and whoever made the deal sounds like it was not done in good faith. Imagine that. The old switcharoo.

Double standard. The Muslims, as proven in this instance, cry bloody murder when an American wants to burn some paper with their holy words written on it. On the other side of the issue, they couldn't care less that MANY Americans, myself included, are dead-set AGAINST the mosque being built in NY. It's frightening that our politicians cater to them, and disgusting that American citizens agree with the double standard.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    This. People killing others should be held responsible. To say that the pastor would be responsible for deaths is irresponsible and indicates a lack of knowledge of the issue. They will CONTINUE to attack Americans and others who do not share their misguided faith, regardless if anyone burns some paper or not. You know it to be true.

This posts makes no sense. You also can't have it both ways. The attitude displayed in your post makes me very uneasy. :twocents:

"It's good that he bowed to pressure from the government attempting (successfully) to restrict his 1st Amendment rights. It saved a few lives."

This is correct. A man kills someone with a gun, and now Glock is under-fire.

A Psycho kid kills his classmates, now it's THEY'RE FAULT.

Next time my daughter craps her pants at Walmart, I'll go psycho and blame the freakin Cashier, LIBERAL LOGIC.:n00b::noway::twocents:

And since the Quran burning is called off, NO MORE SOLDIERS, OR INNOCENT PEOPLE SHOULD BE KILLED, RIGHT? If Im understanding that pact, correctly?

So tomorrow when an IED goes off, and kills afew Joes, I want those who said it wouldnt happen to march they're tail right into they're local Police station, and accept responsibility for they're deaths..

Hmmm, this liberal logic.. Is impressively neat, might be oppressive, backwards, but I think I can work with it. :noway::rolleyes:

While we're at it, Let's blame all those Holocaust victims, for making Hitler angry....

Do I win cool points for following the liberal logic, yet?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

:laugh: I'd say the Pastor got duped. The Imam said he wasn't moving the mosque. :dunno: Although, the "You're Fired!" guy said he'd buy the land back from them for 25% over their purchase price if they'd promise not to build a mosque within 5 blocks of ground zero. :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    The pastor could change his mind in the next 48 hours I guess.

The Ma'am is saying he never made a deal, and wont make one. Typical, IMO.

Now if the burn occurs, Im sure the media will paint him (Pastor) as a liar; Even though, the deal was broken not on his behalf, thus freeing him of all obligatons of an OATH.

Perhaps he'll take the higher road, and not burn. IDK. Time will tell

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom