• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Quite a LOT of Katrina victims didn't return to NOLA once the flooding was gone. I suspect they're classified somewhere as "internal refugees", and I'm sure they'd be eligible to vote immediately in their new locations.

We should have shipped all of them to China...... It makes just as much sense as shipping Syrian refugees here.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Quite a LOT of Katrina victims didn't return to NOLA once the flooding was gone. I suspect they're classified somewhere as "internal refugees", and I'm sure they'd be eligible to vote immediately in their new locations.
    because the free stuff was better there, and less chance of getting flushed in the next bowl cleaning!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Picking up and moving to another part of the country because your home was consumed by a natural disaster isn't what I would call refugee. Though I can see why bureaucrats might want to assign them that designation. And if there's "free" money in it I suppose some people might want that classification.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Picking up and moving to another part of the country because your home was consumed by a natural disaster isn't what I would call refugee. Though I can see why bureaucrats might want to assign them that designation. And if there's "free" money in it I suppose some people might want that classification.
    There was plenty of free stuff involved with Katrina, there was just mo and better in places like Houston, as compared to returning to NOLA.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How many Syrian refugees will you be inviting to live in your home?

It's not an individual mandate, it's obviously a government mandate.

See?

Matthew according to David said:
    Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you voted for the rich to give me food, I was thirsty and you voted for the rich to give me drink, I was a stranger and you voted for the rich to welcome me, I was naked and you voted for the the rich to clothe me, I was sick and you voted for Obamacare, I was in prison and you voted to release me before I completed my sentence for a violent crime.’

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Let's say I have a bowl full of M&Ms. There's about 500 in there. 25 of them are laced with cyanide and would kill you almost instantly.

Would David890 eat a handful of them? Would he ask his neighbors to eat a handful? His children?

That's what david890 wants us to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let's say I have a bowl full of M&Ms. There's about 500 in there. 25 of them are laced with cyanide and would kill you almost instantly.

Would David890 eat a handful of them? Would he ask his neighbors to eat a handful? His children?

d890 is not even close to alone in this stance. There are a zillion libs that want us to bear the weight of this...............as long as it does not impact them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, yeah, but consider the up side. If those 500 m&m's are democrats, that's still a net gain of 475 after the suicide bombers are done.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    How many Syrian refugees will you be inviting to live in your home?

his town of Bloomington are taking 66 of them in.........but i bet he won't have any at his house.......as i have said before if Obuma and Hitllary and David890 want them here they should pay for them and keep track of them.........

as fast as they are coming in there is no way they can make sure that ALL of them are here with good intentions....besides there a plenty of homeless people that are US citizens that NEED the money that will be spent on these refugees.....

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    d890 is not even close to alone in this stance. There are a zillion libs that want us to bear the weight of this...............as long as it does not impact them.

I know. He came to mind because he's the one pushing it in this thread that I remember most, and the one admonishing people about Jesus.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington

Chris Christie sure as hell wanted that classification it when Sandy hit New Jersey.

"Evacuee" is essentially synonymous with "refugee".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To me, it makes common sense (as well as sense for those with religious beliefs) to provide a necessary food, housing and healthcare. Failing to do so causes people to consume poor-quality food (because it's the only food that's available - see "food deserts" - or affordable), and to use expensive (and limited) ER medical services for routine outpatient care (or to avoid care altogether, necessitating expensive ER care when their condition worsens).

You should do that whether you're religious or not--You should help the poor and those unable to help themselves. But you are commanded by Christ Jesus to do it, if you are to follow Him. But as I said earlier, for me to force you to give charity to others based on my sense of what constitutes common sense or compassion, is nothing more than me forcing my morality on you. Nobody wants other peoples' morality forced on them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You understand that those were American citizens, with the same rights that you enjoy? Screw them but FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS and all....

We should move all INGO members to Russia...

Are Syrians American citizens?
    Again, follow me here..... Why are we importing them over here to an alien culture?
    Isn't that inhumane?
    Sort of like a dolphin exhibit. Poor intelligent creatures are ripped from everything they know and caged (tanked). Horrid.

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    You understand that those were American citizens, with the same rights that you enjoy? Screw them but FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS and all....

We should move all INGO members to Russia...
    So you agree that moving American citizens to China due to a disaster is a very silly idea?

Well that's how most of us here feel about moving people from Syria to the US due to a war feel.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You should do that whether you're religious or not--You should help the poor and those unable to help themselves. But you are commanded by Christ Jesus to do it, if you are to follow Him. But as I said earlier, for me to force you to give charity to others based on my sense of what constitutes common sense or compassion, is nothing more than me forcing my morality on you. Nobody wants other peoples' morality forced on them.

I think it is an issue of personal responsibility to help people in need. A moral, capable person will value participating in helping people who lack the capability of helping themselves. Maybe that's working in an organization, church, charity, whatever, to help homeless people. Or maybe it's donating one's resources to help those organizations.

I think Hollywood better models the future of the new morality sweeping the country. Just like they do for a living, they pretend to be a character who cares. Voting for someone else to serve the needy is just pretending to care. Actually caring provokes a personal effort far beyond forcing someone else to do it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it is an issue of personal responsibility to help people in need. A moral, capable person will value participating in helping people who lack the capability of helping themselves. Maybe that's working in an organization, church, charity, whatever, to help homeless people. Or maybe it's donating one's resources to help those organizations.

I think Hollywood better models the future of the new morality sweeping the country. Just like they do for a living, they pretend to be a character who cares. Voting for someone else to serve the needy is just pretending to care. Actually caring provokes a personal effort far beyond forcing someone else to do it.

Another job Americans won't do anymore...

Top Bottom