• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hmm... I'll remember this next time INGO has a 2A overpass rally.

The overpass demonstrations aren't trying to take place in a civil war, where people are shooting each other.
    Most people that went to an overpass demonstration, went to the overpass demonstration. They didn't march a mile or two and stop.
    An overpass demonstration isn't trying to stop people from shooting each other by shooting unicorn beams and moonbat showers.

At first I didn't understand the reference. I've never known about any 2A overpass rallies.

A rally about a political point is quite different from marching to stop violence. A political rally is to show support for a political cause. Stopping the violence in Alleppo is a human crisis, not just a political cause.

Marching to stop the violence in Alleppo is quite literally the least someone could do other than doing nothing. There are legitimate issues where "raising awareness" is appropriate or helpful. But for something like this it serves no better purpose than relieving one's conscience without having to do anything too uncomfortable. actaeon is right. This accomplishes absolutely nothing to stop the killing. It's basically virtue signaling.

Stopping the killing that's going on in Alleppo may require some things more uncomfortable than marching.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At first I didn't understand the reference. I've never known about any 2A overpass rallies.
    Did you miss the threads?

A rally about a political point is quite different from marching to stop violence. A political rally is to show support for a political cause. Stopping the violence in Alleppo is a human crisis, not just a political cause.

Yes and no. If you're trying to gin up support in your own country to get military or other govt. action to occur...

Marching to stop the violence in Alleppo is quite literally the least someone could do other than doing nothing. There are legitimate issues where "raising awareness" is appropriate or helpful. But for something like this it serves no better purpose than relieving one's conscience without having to do anything too uncomfortable. actaeon is right. This accomplishes absolutely nothing to stop the killing. It's basically virtue signaling.

Stopping the killing that's going on in Alleppo may require some things more uncomfortable than marching.
    Agreed. In this case it's more about smugness. Reminds me of that Koni crap some years back. In most cases, things like this (think of all the ribbons) don't really do much. Awareness =/= resolution.

I'm willing to admit my attempt to point out hypocrisy has at least stumbled.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did you miss the threads?

Yes and no. If you're trying to gin up support in your own country to get military or other govt. action to occur...

Agreed. In this case it's more about smugness. Reminds me of that Koni crap some years back. In most cases, things like this (think of all the ribbons) don't really do much. Awareness =/= resolution.

I'm willing to admit my attempt to point out hypocrisy has at least stumbled.

I did miss those threads. I tend to miss a lot of threads. I need to find a better way to find threads I'm interested in.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Ah, yes.

I see they that they actually plan to walk from Germany to Syria.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's dumb. Why don't you get a job, make money, use that money to...

I guess if you're an unemployed European college graduate - and I hear there are a few of those - boy, that no-checkpoints cross-border travel thing is the cat's pajamas, isn't it? It promotes the free and open exchange of unemployed people. (Maybe Syria will like the German ones better than their own?)

Top Bottom