• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Half naked? My wife has roused me a couple of times where I have ended up clearing the house and attached garage buck naked. The psychological impact would be extreme to say the least !

I would only do that if sure that I was dealing with an especially evil intruder as the wayward individual would be promptly ossified.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    OP just beat fate. You don't need an invite to get robbed/burlared. He did do cool cat to a poetential shooting incident. Agree to the call 911, let the coppers figure out what the Mutt was doing nosing around by your shed. Lights on sensors help, but Mr. 45 will solve the problem.
    We have motion lights around, so it looks like daytime if you walk around in my yard.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I love this thread, unless I'm mistaken no one has mentioned meeting a possible threat with a subcaliber,

Oh no! here come the .22's, .25's, .380, and shudder 9mm's. Sorry I didn't insult you wheel gun folks.

On a more serious note I an a member of the just carry crowd, albeit prejudiced toward 1911's.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Lol, surprised nobody else brought up the Ruger. I had my Colt with me. Pic is from when she was new.

32bc83a078991d8f7dc2bab320b5408f.jpg
    [/URL]

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Nice gun. Hopefully scared the crap out of him.
    Shed robber for sure.

Yeah, those danged shed robbers are bad this time of year! Hopefully, he will be skipping your house next time.

I wonder how he would have responded if you had answered the door when he knocked the first time? Was he selling something? Was he going to give you the story about being a previous owner? Neighborhood survey? Pretty weird and pretty ballsy if he was a shed robber...

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Police: Teens arrested after deadly home invasion in Bedford | WISH-TV

Read the story on this home invasion that happened down in Lawrence county last year. Man answers his door, seeing one "girl" through the glass. 2 teens are on either side and force their way in. Bad things happen. Awful story. Man dies. The 3 teens/young adults don't look like "bad" guys. BUT, they killed...just the same.

Knocking on my doors will be treated as a trespass.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, those danged shed robbers are bad this time of year! Hopefully, he will be skipping your house next time.

I wonder how he would have responded if you had answered the door when he knocked the first time? Was he selling something? Was he going to give you the story about being a previous owner? Neighborhood survey? Pretty weird and pretty ballsy if he was a shed robber...

Professional.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good thing you were home, or you probably would have found stuff missing. A buddy of mine lives on Monastery Road, I'll share the story with him and tell him to keep his eyes open.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I love this thread, unless I'm mistaken no one has mentioned meeting a possible threat with a subcaliber,

Oh no! here come the .22's, .25's, .380, and shudder 9mm's. Sorry I didn't insult you wheel gun folks.

On a more serious note I an a member of the just carry crowd, albeit prejudiced toward 1911's.

"With modern ammo, the .45 is just as good as..."

-said nobody, ever.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

That was probably part of the reason he had a business card on him. We had our house cased a few times when we lived in town. I answered the door and the guy starts into a well rehearsed spiel about the vacuum cleaner or some such that he wanted to sell me. Asked if he could come in to see the house and do a demo. Gave me a card an everything with a bogus company name and non-working phone number.

They hope to just play it off like they are another annoying door to door salesman.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Should have taken an unracked 12ga out there. Rack it, watch the pee stain slowly spread down his pants... :draw:

Urban legend. Why would you think most people know what that sound is.

My 2 cents.
    Knock on the door after dark, answer the door by talking threw it, not by opening it. If you aren't churchmouse, don't go outside to check it out. ;)

Top Bottom