• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I regularly carry a G26 or a J frame. Wondering what is the smallest 9mm you would EDC? Reliability and reasonable accuracy being considered.
    Thanks

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Currently my EDC is a Sig 928, with two extra mags. Typically a belt slide hoster at 4:00.
    Should I need something smaller a LCP 2 in a crossdraw holster which makes it comfortable and easily accessible while driving.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My EDC is a Glock 43x with 2 spare mags. Not the smallest but with shield arms mags have 15+1 in a pretty small package

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I have a preference for DAO guns ever since I've gotten my J frame with a bobbed hammer. Several years back, I found a Sig 290RS that has a very similar trigger. It's a small, 9mm that generates plenty of hate for the trigger, but I shoot it well enough that I comfortably moved away from my striker fired guns.
    Saying this gun is not for everyone would be an understatement.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    CZ 75 D PCR 15+1 when I am wearing bulky clothes with a spare 15 rnds, Sig p365 10+1 with a 12 rnd mag in my pocket when I am pocket carrying or just wearing a t-shirt and jeans.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Ruger, LC9s Pro. Safariland ALS OWB, or a pocket holster, or a Sneaky Pete depending on clothing and environment.

Anything smaller, I would carry, is probably going to be 380.

GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    Did a lot of research and handling at the LGS before I landed with a Glock 43. I have it wrapped with a Talon Grip and secured in a Tactical Justice IWB holster. I prefer the standard mag for ultra-concealability, but also have a Taran Tactical +2 base plate. I have pretty large hands, but I shoot it really well and have never had a FTF. Is it the most exotic, expensive, boutique EDC? No it’s a Glock and it goes bang every single time.

G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Appreciate all the replies mentioning Glocks,but I have a 26 and am looking for a smaller footprint.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    9sfhJve.jpg

The 1911 is not a 9mm but it's to illustrate a point, and you can get it in 9mm if you wanted also. With all the craziness the last few years I decided to only carry pistols I could get a full grip on and shoot well, since accuracy at distance is important. The P365XL grip frame is the smallest size grip I can go and still get my entire hand wrapped around it.

When I had a P365 I only carried it with the 12 round magazines as I detest having a grip on the pistol with your pinky hanging off. A handgun is hard enough as it is no reason to make it harder. Plus with the modern guns you can stuff 12+1 rounds of 9mm in a gun the same size as an officer sized 1911 (realistically the Cadillac of carry guns for a long time IMHO).

Then come optics , the other major downside to smaller guns is the limited sight radius. Which again why make a handgun harder to shoot well than you need to. The RDS essentially eleminates the sight radius issue on micro guns without really adding anything bulk or weight wise.

Gv0UcAz.jpg

Not great, but not bad for 20 yards. Also this is a personal hang up but I don't even consider Glocks competitive any more in the CCW market as they need non OEM supplied magazines to become really viable.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Smaller footprint or thinner? The Glock 43 is about the same size only not as thick.

You aren’t going much smaller with 9mm.

Yep. I carried my G43 in a DeSantis pocket holster at a wedding last week. Couple extra mags with TT extensions in the other front pocket.

Horsing around with family after the wedding, my SIL had her teenage daughter sit on my lap, before I could escape. Hopefully, the teenager didn't think that "I was happy to see her." :n00b:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I regularly carry a G26 or a J frame. Wondering what is the smallest 9mm you would EDC? Reliability and reasonable accuracy being considered.
    Thanks
    For a pocket EDC, I prefer a S&W 340PD in .357 magnum....
    I'm not really much of a fan of smaller caliber 'mouse' guns!
    In 9mm, a Glock 26, 43, or 43X would best meet your needs?

Last edited:

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Thanks

I am carrying a Sig P938 Legion after selling my old P938 SAS. I was slow with mag changes on the old SAS because of the plastic mag extension that extended to the backstrap - it caught on the heal of my hand. The Legion model uses different magazines with a magwell that gives me a slightly shorter grip, but it completely eliminates my problem of the magazines dragging on the heal of my hand.

938-legion-right.jpeg

Top Bottom