Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Leaders learned long ago in human history to get others to see your enemy as their enemy first you dehumanize them. It has taken place before every major war,and likely the practice will continue in most future wars. No major war in the last 2000 years did not include this tactic. Most of the time it starts well before the actual war,and often takes generations after the war is over to stop it.
    A website that sells essay writing so that students can cheat. Really?

Have we really just given up when it comes to credibility in sources?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    112 Billion so far.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) filed a resolution on Thursday to end all US aid to Ukraine for war with Russia, while at the same time seeking a peace settlement between the two nations.

Co-sponsored by 10 House members, the "Ukraine Fatigue Resolution," cites the enormous US support to Ukraine, noting that America is the "top contributor of military aid to Ukraine compared to its counterparts," having "appropriated more than $110,000,000,000 of military, financial, and humanitarian aid to Ukraine."

The resolution adds that "on February 3, 2023, the Department of Defense announced $2,000,000,000 in additional security assistance for Ukraine."

What's that saying about evil and men doing nothing?

Republicans going soft on the Ruskies... what would Reagan think of this?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    A website that sells essay writing so that students can cheat. Really?

Have we really just given up when it comes to credibility in sources?
    I will be honest. I searched the topic of dehumanizing enemies. I read a few of the results,and thought that one did fairly well on the topic. That link was probably the 6th or so presented from my search. Copied the link from my browser and posted it.
    I never looked at the front page of that site.

That said it does not change the essay or inspiration for it,the book called "South Wind Changing" in this case. It has no impact on the topic of dehumanizing enemies at all. Would I rather have had the essay posted at another source/site,sure.

The topic of buying essays/papers is for another thread. There are hundreds of such sites. The growing trend seems to be let someone else do the work. Sad,but the reality.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I'm interested to see what comes in the next 30 days.

When your enemy builds up and begins a new offensive, often it's wise to allow them to make small advances and regroup. Stretch out their supply lines, use up those newly gathered resources, reduce and disperse their numbers.

THEN bring your reserves forward/around and strike when they're over-extended and exhausted.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'm interested to see what comes in the next 30 days.

When your enemy builds up and begins a new offensive, often it's wise to allow them to make small advances and regroup. Stretch out their supply lines, use up those newly gathered resources, reduce and disperse their numbers.

THEN bring your reserves forward/around and strike when they're over-extended and exhausted.
    With the mobilization "done" over the winter, such as it is, I see no reason for Putin not to throw absolutely everything he has at this. Clock is ticking on MBTs and other weapons systems getting trained and fielded in a few months. Ukraine is short on ammo and, I'm sure, men. I don't see anything to be gained on the Russian side by half measures or delays at this point.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Would the leftist Gaia worshippers leading our government take nuclear strikes without retaliation to prevent Gaia from suffering more?
    It has to be asked, because we have a lot of radical leftist Gaia worshippers in control of our military.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Well it looks the freedom loving democracy of Ukraine is not fairing well.

MBT's may be years away and most surplus Russian ammo in the free world is exhausted.

I am sure the world will blame the US for not providing more support.

Don't give up yet let's see if we can set a new record of wasted military equipment left behind!

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Well it looks the freedom loving democracy of Ukraine is not fairing well.

MBT's may be years away and most surplus Russian ammo in the free world is exhausted.

I am sure the world will blame the US for not providing more support.

Don't give up yet let's see if we can set a new record of wasted military equipment left behind!

From the article:

"Heading into 2022, U.S. foreign assistance was driven by various priorities of the Biden administration, including combating climate change, responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, and countering authoritarianism."

The last two words in that sentence made me spew my coffee.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Reagan would have been a realist and directed our attention toward the country that threatens our way of live the most, which currently would be China

Reagan would have understood that Russia is not going for Ukraine, but rather what is on the other side of Ukraine, that being Poland and Romania - both NATO members.

IF Russia is allowed to get through Ukraine we will have a direct conflict with Russia and then there will be a direct nuclear threat to the continental United States.

This does not mean that I disagree with the China issue, except to say that they are not a military threat in any real way. We should remove their most favored trade status and disconnect trade from them, the sooner the better, but to ignore the Russian threat represents a perilous misjudgement.

Regards,

Doug

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I always saw Regan as a man who knew what he wanted to get done, end the cold war on terms favorable to the US. Knowing what you want to do and having a good plan is the foundation for success. His greatest component of this plan was SDI and putting Edward Teller in charge of it. SDI was in reality a theory, but Edward Teller was Doctor Strangelove to the USSR, a man who believed that anything could be achieved. He scared the soviets right down to their socks.

I can't imagine the levity and celebration between Regan and his staff when meeting Gorbachev to talk about arms limitation and the number one thing on the table was something that simply did not exist, except as a fear in the USSR.

We just don't have this type of leadership these days, to play our adversaries like fools in a poker game, taking all their chips without them even knowing it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Good news everyone!

Does that mean we can stop sending money?
    Russia could encircle Kyiv and be pounding it into rubble with artillery and Ukrainian and US officials would still be insisting that Russia is on the verge of defeat and Ukraine is taking no casualties.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom