• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And something that is seriously irritating is folks not posting up full sized pics. Come on peoples. Tex has made it Sooooooo easy to do this. Click on insert....click on full size.....and if multiples select all and then insert. It takes time for a member to see the pic if we have to load it. And clock the damned pics properly OK. Thats just lazy.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    And something that is seriously irritating is folks not posting up full sized pics. Come on peoples. Tex has made it Sooooooo easy to do this. Click on insert....click on full size.....and if multiples select all and then insert. It takes time for a member to see the pic if we have to load it. And clock the damned pics properly OK. Thats just lazy.
    Well maybe if someone would make a sticky or something with some rules or something...

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I have to stand up and give a huge :thumbsup: to so many of our members in the way they support both the staff and the site. Ingo has proven to be a serious positive in my life with the knowledge gained and the friendships I have made along the way. The positives for the most part have outnumbered the negatives......well, for the most part. :)

I'm sorry man. I'll do better. Hey, watchu doing this weekend? Maybe a Cheeseburger Summit? I heard you buy a mean cheeseburger!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I hope you read that in purple, you don't need more to do.
    People just need to take time to read what is there and they'd get most of it right.
    I think we all took it that way, as part of the "INGO has a FAQ?" banter. But he is right. If the rules/guide do not match up perfectly with the new system, there will be some people throwing a **** fit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think we all took it that way, as part of the "INGO has a FAQ?" banter. But he is right. If the rules/guide do not match up perfectly with the new system, there will be some people throwing a **** fit.
    Yup. Crazy thing is I now quote or list the rule specifically being broken. With many thats the 1st they have seen or read the rules.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's even easier than that, at least on a computer. Right click the pic you want to post, select Copy, come back to your post, right click where you want it to go and select Paste. Done, and pic is full sized (actually if it's too big, this site will "shrink" it to fit). Repeat as necessary.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's even easier than that, at least on a computer. Right click the pic you want to post, select Copy, come back to your post, right click where you want it to go and select Paste. Done, and pic is full sized (actually if it's too big, this site will "shrink" it to fit). Repeat as necessary.
    And clocked properly.

If you put a pic of your gun upside down that is just nuts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agreed. Having to hold my laptop upside down is a pain! :):
    I am leaning towards making this an actual part of the rules package. Post a pic in proper orientation and full size if possible and yes.......it is possible.

I still get crap from members that do not agree with the pic rule which just exposes the lazy among us.

Yes I said it.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend

What information do I need to provide to get USAA Valuable Personal Property Insurance?
    A bill of sale or appraisal dated within the past five years will generally provide enough detailed information for a VPP policy. If your item is less than $15,000, documentation beyond a detailed description isn't required; however, you're required to provide proof or ownership and value in the event of a loss. Appraisals and photos can be uploaded directly to your profile on usaa.com.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Good to know. Glad I don't use USAA for my homeowners as that's a bit much. This should be something that's updated per state to apply to local laws, as a BoS isn't needed for a face to face, used sale of a handgun in a lot of places, so asking for that is a bit onerous.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I agree it is onerous. When I had Geico the agent told me I had to have BoS or receipt too in the event of a loss. I can't find it on their website for non members, so maybe its changed now? I probably should have said all my experiences dealing with firearms insurance, both companies had this policy. So my sample of 2, rather than "most"
    Good to know. Glad I don't use USAA for my homeowners as that's a bit much. This should be something that's updated per state to apply to local laws, as a BoS isn't needed for a face to face, used sale of a handgun in a lot of places, so asking for that is a bit onerous.

Yeah, I'd like to see some links to back up which insurance companies require exactly what for proof of ownership.

My working premis with my insurance companies are that pictures of the gun and serial numbers show possession and thus ownership, unless it can be proven the firearm is stolen.

:dunno:

Top Bottom