• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Prior posting led me to believe we were not talking about across state lines, where you are correct an FFL is needed

FTF requires no paperwork as long as you both live in that state. Many buyers, traders or sellers, myself included, prefer to have a full accounting of what they own known only to themselves due to a lack of trust in the government's good will toward gun ownership

What you posted made it seem like you were wanting to use an FFL for a trade (which would need to be within your home state) and no one is going to want to do that. I only want the government involved in my business when I have no other choice
    Yes, don't think I have my location listed, but it's on my first post in 2010. I just did a trade with a nice young man from INGO. They follow IL law in IN on that, have to wait a day for long gun and I think 3 days on handgun. He walked away with the handgun after the paperwork, I'm waiting. No big deal, have family to visit in IN. Was born a Hoosier! Near Vincennes.

I understand people FTF wanting no paperwork or infringement on their Constitutional rights, especially since it's not required in-state. IN needs to get busy on that constitutional carry they dropped the ball on. Obviously no chance in IL :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What about if said firearm is from a C&R holder?
    I have friends that are C&R holders but that is a completely different thing than say "Mouse" wants gun. "Mouse" finds gun in Ingo WTS. Owner of gun is a citizen in good standing as am I. But he wants a mile of paper work to sell me his gun.
    I can do that at an FFL if I was of a mind but if I am buying in here I am not. Keep your gun OK. I will find another as I always do.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    What about not marking items sold? I've run across listings recently where there was no notice that they were sold. I found out when checking the sellers feedback. The seller left feedback for the buyer and linked to the thread, but never marked the thread sold in the title, body, or even (improperly) in the last post of the thread.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What about not marking items sold? I've run across listings recently where there was no notice that they were sold. I found out when checking the sellers feedback. The seller left feedback for the buyer and linked to the thread, but never marked the thread sold in the title, body, or even (improperly) in the last post of the thread.
    There is a way but people are to quick to leave or to lazy to do it. Then when we call them on it we get chewed on.

Top Bottom