PART 3: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience, and what is all this crap about pineapple on pizza.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    There's also the 260 folks.

I think 574 started early 90's. We moved here in 95 and it was in place then I think.
    574 came in later than that. When I moved to Warsaw in '96, the northern third of IN was 219. that was split into 219, 260 and 574 on 1/15/2002 according to the Verizon website. That seems about right with my recollection.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I proudly have a 317, not only a 317.. but a 317 that dates from when the next three digits meant which exchange you were on. (You used to be able to tell what part of town someone was on, by the second three number)

Its funny when I call AT&T to make some change, and the rep looks at when the account was created. I literally heard a "Holy Crap" when they saw the date.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    574 came in later than that. When I moved to Warsaw in '96, the northern third of IN was 219. that was split into 219, 260 and 574 on 1/15/2002 according to the Verizon website. That seems about right with my recollection.
    I believe you are right. Thats about the time Cell phones really took off and why we had to change from 219 to 260 in Lagrange County.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I proudly have a 317, not only a 317.. but a 317 that dates from when the next three digits meant which exchange you were on. (You used to be able to tell what part of town someone was on, by the second three number)

Its funny when I call AT&T to make some change, and the rep looks at when the account was created. I literally heard a "Holy Crap" when they saw the date.
    Yep, we were STATE 6-xxxx for years. Our Indiana Bell-provided phone even had STATE for the number in the little round card in the middle of the dial. Most of downtown Indy was Melrose I think.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Don’t remember what our area code was when young, course never made a long distance call or had a need to know. Our # was 257. Our ring was a long, 2 shorts, and a long. Party line, crank phone on the kitchen wall. Called the operator to call anyone not on our line. And of course 4 or 5 old ladies on our line listening to other‘s calls.

Top Bottom