NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Mine with the turbo puts out near 300 ft-lbs of torque. Nothing slow about it*, and it comes in early, from 2000 to 6000 rpm.

*(for a 4 cylinder, at least)

I'm not trying to dis your car, but different people have different ideas of fast.
    This is what I found on what I assume is your engine.
    The Subaru also offers another engine. It is an 2.4-liter Flat 4 that spills out 293 hp @ 6400 rpm and 277 lb-ft. @ 2000 rpm of torque. This powertrain is available with the Onyx Edition XT 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT) and helps the car to reach from 0-60 MPH in 7.75 seconds. The Subaru Outback covers the quarter-mile run in just 16.65 seconds.

There are four cylinders that put out 400hp these days. For a comparison, my R will do under 5 secs 0-60 and 1/4 around 13.5 secs. It drives like a go-cart, and I really love it.

When I was driving to Chiraq, it enabled me to not have to put up with the plethora of idiots and jerks on the road. I never understood why people want to plant themselves in the left lane, and then get mad if someone wants to go around them. There weren't many that were able to stop me from going around them.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Anyone have any card tables/folding tables they want to let go for free or cheap? Trying to set up for a garage sale in a couple of weeks and don't have enough.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Anyone have any card tables/folding tables they want to let go for free or cheap? Trying to set up for a garage sale in a couple of weeks and don't have enough.
    I would be happy to loan them to you as long as you pick up and bring back to Hobart. I have 3 folding tables 3X3 feet and I have 4 folding tables that are 3X6 feet. PM me for my phone number and address.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I would be happy to loan them to you as long as you pick up and bring back to Hobart. I have 3 folding tables 3X3 feet and I have 4 folding tables that are 3X6 feet. PM me for my phone number and address.
    I appreciate it. I am trying to avoid borrowing simply because I hate to be responsible for the way they are treated when other people are involved. If it were just me I wouldn't hesitate.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm not trying to dis your car, but different people have different ideas of fast.

.... blah blah blah
    I remember when cars were fast. And we modified cars to actually enhance performance.

Now kids put coffee can mufflers on their Hondas and they sound like whining lawn mowers. They paint their tail lights black to make them hard to see too. They put low profile wide tires on their pick ups and lower the suspension so they handle like crap and get stuck in the snow. Crazy ****.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Got the tile work replaced around the other side of the basement finally... Now to wait a couple days for the cement to cure properly before rebuilding the shelving and regaining use of my basement again...

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I remember when cars were fast. And we modified cars to actually enhance performance.

Now kids put coffee can mufflers on their Hondas and they sound like whining lawn mowers. They paint their tail lights black to make them hard to see too. They put low profile wide tires on their pick ups and lower the suspension so they handle like crap and get stuck in the snow. Crazy ****.
    0c468a1be4a995ea802d33c28a869501.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

There are four cylinders that put out 400hp these days. For a comparison, my R will do under 5 secs 0-60 and 1/4 around 13.5 secs. It drives like a go-cart, and I really love it.

When I was driving to Chiraq, it enabled me to not have to put up with the plethora of idiots and jerks on the road. I never understood why people want to plant themselves in the left lane, and then get mad if someone wants to go around them. There weren't many that were able to stop me from going around them.

No offense taken sir. Every car has its purpose. I've driven quality 6 cylinders - Nissan Maximas and Frontiers, but never a peppy 4 banger, so I was just pleasantly surprised.

One thing your R won't do is haul 1000 lb of paper from A to B, and that's why I bought the Outback. Not that I do that everyday, but it's nice to know it'll do it when I need it. The smooth ride and Creature Comforts are just a bonus. As much as I dislike CVT trannys, they've dialed this one in pretty nicely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom