• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Changed the oils and cleaned the bike today.

It's now 13 years old, and I'm starting to look at used Moto Guzzi V7's...

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Rode for two hours yesterday, found as many curvy, hilly roads I could find. State road 246 between state road 46 and state 59 is a blast. First time riding it yesterday. Other then a few cars here or there and a construction blockage at one point, not many cars.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Rode a new set of backroads for about 70 miles this afternoon. Nice day.

Did have to panic stop when a pickup pulled out in front of me. He was looking right at me, not sure what was up. Didn't harsh my calm though!!

Don

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Oh yeah, and I did a thing...

MRvH2Vd_d.jpg

I honestly can’t tell a difference handling wise. It sticks like glue wet or dry, and dramatically improves rear braking.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Mrs. MarkC and I went for a short ride through the back hills of Morgan County on Sunday, when it was a bit cold for a ride.

We still enjoyed the snot out of it.

Today was beautiful; unfortunately, I was stuck inside, doing the people's work. Fortunately, I'm doing it at home. Still sucks to be in when others had the beautiful opportunity to ride.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Oh yeah, and I did a thing...

MRvH2Vd_d.jpg

I honestly can’t tell a difference handling wise. It sticks like glue wet or dry, and dramatically improves rear braking.
    Gone to the dark side eh chez? Sure looks like a car tire to me.
    I spent 3 or 4 hours yesterday doing a bags off wash, polish and wax. The new battery came in today so it goes in tommorow then off for a ride on " Amber"

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Gone to the dark side eh chez? Sure looks like a car tire to me.
    I spent 3 or 4 hours yesterday doing a bags off wash, polish and wax. The new battery came in today so it goes in tommorow then off for a ride on " Amber"

I was noticing on Sunday how "Betty" had acquired a bit of dust from wintering under her bike cover; I'm getting the itch to detail her, maybe on Friday when I'm off work (secret state holiday for Good Friday).

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Battery in after blowing the dust off under the seat and then washing/wiping down everything under there. Wasn't too bad actually. While I was at it I added NOCO boost leads to the battery and have the NOCO plug sitting next to the ABS module. Easy to get to if I ever need to use the NOCO GB40. I did not get the lead installed before my last long trip. Thankfully, I have never needed to boost the battery. What a pain it would be to take off the seat and unhook everything just to get to the battery. This way I just pull off the right bag and side cover (two minutes) and plug the NOCO GB40 to the connector and ZAP!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Looks like DOT standards for helmets are now firmly out of date (they actually always have been, but now the other testing agencies are testing at standards so far above DOT that its silly to buy a DOT helmet if you look for safety).

The SNELL Foundation updated their standards in 2015 and again in 2020.
    ECE is now updating their standards, which will include such things as rotational impacts now, which SNELL has already been testing.

Only the DOT standards allow for manufacturers to claim their helmets meet the standards, without actual testing.

Article about the new ECE standards here => https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/new-ece-standards-to-increase-helmet-safety-and-price/

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Tom Wood Powersports in Carmel is waiting for final paperwork from BMW to be official, you might check with them. I heard they hired one of the BMW techs from Falcone.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check in with them, not sure if they are "Essential" enough to be open now. I'll also be looking into KLIM gear as maybe a trip to Springfield Ohio is in order.

Top Bottom