Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Oh yeah, and I did a thing...

MRvH2Vd_d.jpg

I honestly can’t tell a difference handling wise. It sticks like glue wet or dry, and dramatically improves rear braking.

Hope that works well for you. I often thought of that when I had my 03 Wing, but thought it would alter the handling too much, as i REALLY like leaning way over...:):

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Oh yeah, and I did a thing...

MRvH2Vd_d.jpg

I honestly can’t tell a difference handling wise. It sticks like glue wet or dry, and dramatically improves rear braking.

I ran a car tire for years on a Vulcan 900. Worked great. Biggest issue I had was mounting the tires. Had mechanics refuse to ride it into the shop because of the car tire. Never did find the fiery ball of death most everyone said I would. Harley rims are too narrow to run car tires on, so the geezer glide gets standard m/c tires.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I really, really, want a new bike. And there's two that fit my style*, but I can't decide...

[video=youtube;X4p0OTHmmvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4p0OTHmmvU[/video]

[video=youtube;qhlMLVRpupo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhlMLVRpupo[/video]

* Retro, soulful, distinctive, and with a "I'm totally comfortable with my heterosexuality" note.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Hope that works well for you. I often thought of that when I had my 03 Wing, but thought it would alter the handling too much, as i REALLY like leaning way over...:):

I’m still deciding if I’m going to keep it. It leans over and handles curves great. The only problem is where I least expected it... in a straight line at highway speed. The back end seems to wander a bit. Just a slight side to side, like it can’t quite decide where to track. It also seems amplified by wind or truck turbulence.

I’m going to play with tire pressure and see if I can reduce or eliminate it.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I’m still deciding if I’m going to keep it. It leans over and handles curves great. The only problem is where I least expected it... in a straight line at highway speed. The back end seems to wander a bit. Just a slight side to side, like it can’t quite decide where to track. It also seems amplified by wind or truck turbulence.

I’m going to play with tire pressure and see if I can reduce or eliminate it.
    Make sure your spokes are tight (if you have spokes). Is wheel balanced?

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I found this:
    https://cadrecycle.com/moto-guzzi-v7-iii-special/

0% for 48 months, and they're offering free delivery... the wife already said I can buy it.

So, so tempting.

Speed City is Indy's R.E. dealer.
    Two words, test rides. Make several, at least twice on each. When Harley Davidson shops we're having the factory trailers come in for test rides you could try all the models on the same day and compare. It made a big difference to me feeling the differences between models. Even the subtle differences between Street Glides, Road Kings, and Ultra Limiteds made a difference in my choice.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I found this:
    https://cadrecycle.com/moto-guzzi-v7-iii-special/

0% for 48 months, and they're offering free delivery... the wife already said I can buy it.

So, so tempting.

Speed City is Indy's R.E. dealer.

The MotoGuzzi V85TT has been calling my name ever since I saw the prototype. That is my dream motorcycle. I'll never own one. I probably purchased my last motorcycle when I bought a new Honda in late 2018 when I picked up my NC750x and outfitted it for long distance adventure touring.

But this one calls me => https://cadrecycle.com/v85ttadventure/

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    The MotoGuzzi V85TT has been calling my name ever since I saw the prototype. That is my dream motorcycle. I'll never own one. I probably purchased my last motorcycle when I bought a new Honda in late 2018 when I picked up my NC750x and outfitted it for long distance adventure touring.

But this one calls me => https://cadrecycle.com/v85ttadventure/

You strip off the Igloo coolers and that thing ain't half bad for a MotoGeezer !!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is there plenty of support for MotoGuzzi's and the like?

Service, parts, aftermarket, etc?

What about online information? Is it comparable to the more commonly sold brands? Forums, YouTube, etc?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is there plenty of support for MotoGuzzi's and the like?

Service, parts, aftermarket, etc?

What about online information? Is it comparable to the more commonly sold brands? Forums, YouTube, etc?

Well, it's Italian, so you better know how to fix the electrics.

The piston heads are sticking out, so easy to work on.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You strip off the Igloo coolers and that thing ain't half bad for a MotoGeezer !!

I have those on mine, but then again I use mine for long distance travel. Had plans to ride Route 66 this summer. Chicago to LA. Last year we did the Great Lakes Circle Route following the lake shores of all 5 lakes + part of the St Lawrence Seaway. So I need the boxes. And I carry a weather proof duffle too. My wife's bike just has side boxes, somewhat more streamlined that the square boxes on my bike.

These are great bikes for winding roads, gravel, and not too bad for interstate. At roughly 550# loaded, they are light for long interstate cruising. Great city bikes because maneuverability is awesome. On our trip around the Great Lakes we were on the Interstate for a grand total of 7 miles. Mostly we were on 2 lane rural roads, with some 4 lane. Route 66, if you follow the original roadbeds, can be done on mostly 2 and 4 lane rural roadways.

I can do without the duffle bag if I don't carry a tent and sleeping bags. For our planned (now postponed) Route 66 trip I was not planning to take the tent & bags.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-10-at-9-09-17-AM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-04-10_at_9.10.42_AM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-04-10-at-9-08-29-AM.png

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    How long is it reasonable to expect a bike to be in the shop for a rear tire change? I would have at least taken it off myself if I had the right socket size and I could find non-conflicting info.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    How long is it reasonable to expect a bike to be in the shop for a rear tire change? I would have at least taken it off myself if I had the right socket size and I could find non-conflicting info.

I take my own off and change them.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I ended up calling them for an ETA yesterday afternoon and they were done just dragging ass on finishing the paperwork but they let me go pick it up. I'm gonna figure out my tool needs and do it myself next time.

Top Bottom