• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Military men face moral dilemma on Syrian strike: Follow their consciences or "Just Follow Orders" | Police State USA

With the White House pushing for a U.S. military strike on Syria, military servicemen have been posting their objections (or lack of objections) to following orders to attack a country that has done nothing to the United States and poses no threat to U.S. national security. Many enlisted men are experiencing the struggle between following their consciences and blindly following orders.

How far will each of us — soldier or citizen — go in compliance with unjust orders and laws? Its a very valid question that should receive an exhaustive amount of thought and discussion from all of us. Where is our line in the sand on orders/laws that we will refuse to obey? Does our line in the sand even exist? Many people have no limits to the orders they will carry out, as has been proven over and over by studying human psychology, and by uncovering all the human atrocities that have been committed under the cloak of “just following orders.” Only a forgotten minority defect.

The vast majority of people will always obey authority, even going as far as to haul innocent civilians into concentration camps just to protect their own paychecks. If soldiers will round up American citizens, then attacking yet another foreign country will surely be no great moral challenge for the vast majority.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There's nothing quite like going to war to save the bad guys from the worse guys....or the worse guys from the bad guys......whichever.....and not having any idea how to articulate the U.S. national interest in all this.

Nice.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    There's nothing quite like going to war to save the bad guys from the worse guys....or the worse guys from the bad guys......whichever.....and not having any idea how to articulate the U.S. national interest in all this.

Nice.

^^^This. We don't even know who the bad or worse guys are, really. We do not know which side used nerve agents. But we do know the number killed in that way pales in insignificance to the number that have died by conventional means. IF we are stepping in to stop atrocities, why haven't we stepped in in the African countries that are slaughtering Christians just for their religious beliefs, like Egypt and the Congo and others? This is all politics, IMHO, a desperate measure to keep BHO from looking like a weak idiot. And it won't even accomplish that goal.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I'd have to agree with Sgt Cookson. If you're in, you obey orders. You can retire or not re-enlist.

We *****ed about Vietnam the whole time, but we still fought. Same theory.

As a civilian, I think the president is out of his freaking mind on Syria.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can't even begin to tell you how embarrassing it is that the top picture is a U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer. IMO he should be court-martialed and booted out on his ass.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Any person using their uniform to promote their OWN beliefs shouldn't be in the military. Military members give up so many rights to protect nonmilitary members rights. You swore an oath to follow any and all lawful orders.

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    Which portion of this insulted 'every person who has ever sacrificed and served our country'?

What, exactly, would they have found insulting about it?

Probably the segue from possible US military intervention in Syria to his little bit about US military automatons rounding up American citizens, if it was my guess.

Rambone, I feel sorry for you. You seem to have this on-going fantasy/reality that some police/military state will be the doom of us all. Seriously, I bet you have some heroic death-trip, with you expending the last round of ammo from whatever belt-fed system you've 'liberated' and then fixing a bayonet, your face all dirty and sweaty, ready to repel "The Feds" with your last dying breath, screaming 'Libertad!!'

Go get 'em, Nathan Hale. :p

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I'm not insulted one bit , in fact I think it's a good thing that they're not mindless idiots .

IMO our guberment doesn't listen to us so maybe when the servicemen stop playing their games they'll get the point .

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Which portion of this insulted 'every person who has ever sacrificed and served our country'?

What, exactly, would they have found insulting about it?

The tactic being employed by this type of garbage is to lay the responsibility for U.S. foreign policy at the feet of the lowest ranking member of our Armed Forces. The end goal is to create chaos and destroy the entire system of government we have in this country by guilting the soldiers into anarchy. It's pure unadulterated horse **** mostly spewed by cowards who have never sacrificed for anyone but themselves and believe they have a better idea than the founding fathers of this country.

Stand by for confirmation posts below...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Military actually teaches about unlawful orders, and not to follow them. I don't blame the top picture, he brings up a valid point and has a right to do so. He isn't saying he won't, but is making a statement. The bottom picture is a guy already brainwashed. My brother fought and killed in Nam, when I went in all his advise to me was..."Just don't let the ******** brainwash you." If a soilder feels strongly not to fight then he should tell his commander and let the chips fall where they may, standing up for what you believe doesn't stop just because you put a uniform on.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The tactic being employed by this type of garbage is to lay the responsibility for U.S. foreign policy at the feet of the lowest ranking member of our Armed Forces. The end goal is to create chaos and destroy the entire system of government we have in this country by guilting the soldiers into anarchy. It's pure unadulterated horse **** mostly spewed by cowards who have never sacrificed for anyone but themselves and believe they have a better idea than the founding fathers of this country.

Stand by for confirmation posts below...

This is a strange argument, considering that the 'cowards' you speak of are actual service members. It would appear that they are the ones who feel responsible for the actions they commit at the behest of U.S. foreign policy...which is the reason they made these signs.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Rambone, I feel sorry for you. You seem to have this on-going fantasy/reality that some police/military state will be the doom of us all. Seriously, I bet you have some heroic death-trip, with you expending the last round of ammo from whatever belt-fed system you've 'liberated' and then fixing a bayonet, your face all dirty and sweaty, ready to repel "The Feds" with your last dying breath, screaming 'Libertad!!'

Go get 'em, Nathan Hale. :p

Seriously, you are so right. There is nothing sillier than thinking that an out-of-control government could fuel the demise of our nation. History shmistory.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Seriously, you are so right. There is nothing sillier than thinking that an out-of-control government could fuel the demise of our nation. History shmistory.

Yet the thought of total rebellion and the elimination of our government at all levels is so comforting. I'm sure it would work out just fine.

Top Bottom