• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They’re probably frozen. They just nuke them.

But I think that is true that Hindus don’t like meat touching the stuff they might eat. I’ve noticed at a subway owned by a family of Hindus, they take measures to keep things separate. They switch gloves when handling meat for example. They also seem quite pleased with me when I order a veggie delight.
    Aren't all Subway sandwiches "veggie delights"? Sure not much meat in any of them from what I've experienced, commercial representations notwithstanding.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Aren't all Subway sandwiches "veggie delights"? Sure not much meat in any of them from what I've experienced, commercial representations notwithstanding.
    Well. That may be. I used to get meatball sandwiches from them and it’s pretty much the bread and meat.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don’t like that tomato basil bread it comes on. It’s kinda sweet, and it’s like a sponge and soaks up all the veggie juice. I don’t like soggy sandwiches.

Very sharp flavors, I like it.
    Yeah, it's kind of a wet/crunch combo. Eat faster!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Probably because of this thread, an article about McD's testing a new sandwich popped up in my news feed. The McPlant. Marketing wise, that sounds terrible. Impossible Burger is at least an interesting name. Beyond Meat is sort of meh, but I get what they are going for. McPlant makes me think of house plants and not food plants.

The black bean patties that some of the places used to offer (maybe Wendy's still does?) were pretty decent. Not to be consumed if you work in tight quarters after lunch, mind you.
    Maybe they are marketing it to FBI "informants"?
    Some of the better tasting stuff doesn’t try to taste like meat. Those black bean burgers are pretty good. Also, if you like mushrooms the ones made of that are pretty good. No soy. Just mushrooms and veggies. They don’t try to be something they’re not other than being generally in the shape if a hamburger patty.
    Yep they just go for taste, rather than trying to make it taste like something else. My wife and I both love mushrooms. My daughter is okay with the taste but can't stand the texture of them. Thanks for the tip.
    All this talk about things not being really what they are, is making me crave a brat burger. Looks like a hamburger, but its just a bratwurst without the casing smashed into a disc. :drool:
    This past summer I had this awesome sausage sandwich, grilled italian sausage patty, topped with grilled poblano peppers and cheese. Served on a ciabatta roll with pesto "aiole" (mayonnaise).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Obviously everything one doesn’t like must be a conspiracy.
    Right. When the elites openly discuss doing away with beef at meetings on Davos why don’t we just believe them? No conspiracy theory needed. I cannot believe how (quoted jamil style) ****ing retarded people are not to believe them…

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Right. When the elites openly discuss doing away with beef at meetings on Davos why don’t we just believe them? No conspiracy theory needed. I cannot believe how (quoted jamil style) ****ing retarded people are not to believe them…
    I mean that also doesn't make it a conspiracy or nefarious. Not everything the rich, powerful, or politicians do/discuss is conspiratorial or has a nefarious motive.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I mean that also doesn't make it a conspiracy or nefarious. Not everything the rich, powerful, or politicians do/discuss is conspiratorial or has a nefarious motive.

In all seriousness, why is that ruled out as a possibility?

A lot will depend on how conspiratorial or nefarious are defined. [Seriously, definition of terms are important (not to imply you don't know this).] However, whenever someone denies the possibility of something, then blinders have just been voluntarily put on.

Case in point, 3 years ago the vast majority of people would laugh and say that it is literally impossible that the overwhelming majority of nations (including 49 of the states in the USA; #GovNoem) would simultaneously introduce "laws" that limit the basic rights of people (e.g. attend religious ceremonies, sporting events (gather peacefully), concerts, funerals, be with family that were about to die, not attend the birth of their child, etc.) as well as interfere in the private sector (shut down small businesses but allow the major corporations to remain open) for 2 years.

It seems like this has strayed so far from the original topic it isn't even in the same hemisphere anymore. :ugh:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m truly struggling to understand this comment.

In the name of saving the planet the elite openly discuss how to shut down meat production. No conspiracy needed. A discussion like this begins. I say it is part of the elites plan. I’m called a conspiracy theorist. People are so weak that they cannot even countenance the truth, they would rather believe those telling the truth are conspiracy theorists…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Someone help me understand the impossible burger. Apparently this thing is supposed to taste like a real hamburger but is made of vegetables (or some other "plants").

My question is why.

Seriously, what marketing genius decided this was worth the money to make and then spend more money on advertising. What was the purpose? Virtue signaling? Warping reality?
    It seems like this has strayed so far from the original topic it isn't even in the same hemisphere anymore. :ugh:

Discussion of the elites desire to stop meat production is exactly an answer to many questions in the OP. Maybe just not the answers you were looking for…

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Beef and pork = happiness. Happiness is the enemy of TPTB. Therefore beef and pork = bad.

Our species has become so "smart" that we've decided that the things which enabled our existence to this point are bad and we can now streamline our nutrition into packets of sludge that contain only what we need to survive. Yummy

Sounds like the kind of planet I want to live on.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Beef and pork = happiness. Happiness is the enemy of TPTB. Therefore beef and pork = bad.

Our species has become so "smart" that we've decided that the things which enabled our existence to this point are bad and we can now streamline our nutrition into packets of sludge that contain only what we need to survive. Yummy

Sounds like the kind of planet I want to live on.

SOYLENT GREEN…

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    In all seriousness, why is that ruled out as a possibility?

A lot will depend on how conspiratorial or nefarious are defined. [Seriously, definition of terms are important (not to imply you don't know this).] However, whenever someone denies the possibility of something, then blinders have just been voluntarily put on.

Case in point, 3 years ago the vast majority of people would laugh and say that it is literally impossible that the overwhelming majority of nations (including 49 of the states in the USA; #GovNoem) would simultaneously introduce "laws" that limit the basic rights of people (e.g. attend religious ceremonies, sporting events (gather peacefully), concerts, funerals, be with family that were about to die, not attend the birth of their child, etc.) as well as interfere in the private sector (shut down small businesses but allow the major corporations to remain open) for 2 years.

It is a possibility. I didn't say it wasn't.
    I’m truly struggling to understand this comment.

In the name of saving the planet the elite openly discuss how to shut down meat production. No conspiracy needed. A discussion like this begins. I say it is part of the elites plan. I’m called a conspiracy theorist. People are so weak that they cannot even countenance the truth, they would rather believe those telling the truth are conspiracy theorists…
    Conspiracy doesn't mean untrue you know.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This past summer I had this awesome sausage sandwich, grilled italian sausage patty, topped with grilled poblano peppers and cheese. Served on a ciabatta roll with pesto "aiole" (mayonnaise).
    Isnt it funny how the shape of the meat can change its taste profile? I like it in burger form better.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I wouldnt say that as we talk about Bilderberger type tinfoil hat stuff, its not always (usually) for the good of all. Its whatever they can do to get more money. Like somebody buying gun companies and then simultaneously pushing for anti gun legislation. That push with the left hand causes the right hand to make money hand over fist because they triggered a tsunami of gun purchases.

Or you convince a govt that only your new highly profitable "vaccines" are effective and the public domain drugs are totally ineffectual against the virus. And of course leadership, being invested in those companies goes right along with it so they can turn a profit too.

Top Bottom