• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I will not touch one out of principle. If I want vegetables, I'll order vegetables without the processing and additives. :D

Carnivore, apparently, has some other positive benefits also. Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan (among many others) have reported auto immune diseases that have been significantly improved on the carnivore diet. Also, Jordan Peterson's daughter has some earth shattering improvements in her health due to the carnivore diet.
    A couple other benefits I have noticed. Getting up easily in the morning, no more hitting the snooze button numerous times, clearer thinking, no more jonesing for candy, going to the bathroom less.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was at a BK in Indianapolis and they gave me one instead of a regular burger, though I had ordered the normal one. I did not know this. Took one bite,and it tasted so bad I took it to the counter and asked what was wrong with their beef. Girl behind the counter said "oh sorry,we are out of the regular patties and have to use those". I got my money back,asked the manager if he was aware they could kill someone with a soy allergy. He replied "I guess we have to let people know"

I ate at Ruby Tuesdays after that.

If they ran out of burgers, the LEAST they could do, was TELL PEOPLE and let them choose.
    I'd have been pretty angry.

I forget where it was, but I ordered something and went to pay for it, and THEN they told me their debit/credit machine was broke.
    Fortunately I had some cash. But I told them MAYBE they should tell people BEFORE they order.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If they ran out of burgers, the LEAST they could do, was TELL PEOPLE and let them choose.
    I'd have been pretty angry.

I forget where it was, but I ordered something and went to pay for it, and THEN they told me their debit/credit machine was broke.
    Fortunately I had some cash. But I told them MAYBE they should tell people BEFORE they order.
    LOL, went to a Wendy’s to get a burger and fries for a shutin. They had run out of fries. First time I have seen that.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    No go on fast food burgers. Got a couple of go to restaurant burgers places in town. Or make em at home. Depending on the weather, I grill out all year long.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If you absolutely have to have a "vegetarian" burger, black bean burgers with the right seasoning can be really good. And they don't smell bad. I was on a restricted diet for awhile and they're not bad. All that other ****. Nah.

I don't have to, I just like the variety. Plus they are quick and easy, pop one in the air frier and it's done in short order.

LOL, went to a Wendy’s to get a burger and fries for a shutin. They had run out of fries. First time I have seen that.

It's been several years now, but we stopped at Hardees for breakfast and they were out of nearly everything. Including napkins. I was waiting for our sandwiches when a very angry construction worker came in from the drive through because they'd given him fries instead of hashbrowns without telling him. I very seldom complain about restaurants, I just don't return, but I sent an email to Hardees about that one. I specifically told them to not send me any coupons or anything, I wasn't returning, I just thought they should know how that restaurant was being ran. They apologized and...sent me a bunch of coupons, which I never used.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't have to, I just like the variety. Plus they are quick and easy, pop one in the air frier and it's done in short order.

It's been several years now, but we stopped at Hardees for breakfast and they were out of nearly everything. Including napkins. I was waiting for our sandwiches when a very angry construction worker came in from the drive through because they'd given him fries instead of hashbrowns without telling him. I very seldom complain about restaurants, I just don't return, but I sent an email to Hardees about that one. I specifically told them to not send me any coupons or anything, I wasn't returning, I just thought they should know how that restaurant was being ran. They apologized and...sent me a bunch of coupons, which I never used.
    The Wendy's near me is notorious for running out of things. One time they were promoting their croissant breakfast sandwiches so I ordered a couple online for pickup. Get to the drive thru only to find out that they were out of the croissants. Another time, they were out of spoons of all things. I mean, really?? Spoons aren't going to go bad. Order TF out of them. Promoting a "seasonal" flavor of Frosty? Chances are they are out.

I called and asked to speak to the manager once. I asked him who is responsible for ordering their supplies and he said that he was. I told him that he needed to step up his game then, because he wasn't very good at it. He got all flustered and hung up on me.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Costco had Beyond Meat burger patty samples today. It smells absolutely terrible when cooking. I found it unpleasant enough I moved away from the area while my wife shopped for something else in the aisle nearby. I did not see anyone try it. I noted that black bean burgers, which are quite good, were back in the spot where Beyond Meat had briefly displaced them.

I'm not sure how to describe it, but "food-like" would not enter the arena, even as a spectator. If any actual food I was cooking smelled like that, I'd toss it as tainted or spoiled.
    My wife and I are trying a new diet and have stopped eating meat for a while. We bought some veggie burgers (Morning Star?) and they were ok, tasted like whatever you put on them; no real taste themselves. The other day we brought some Boca Burgers and tried them yesterday and they tasted like a burger! They were pretty good, good enough to buy more.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No go on fast food burgers. Got a couple of go to restaurant burgers places in town. Or make em at home. Depending on the weather, I grill out all year long.
    Traveling I will drop by a McDonalds and get a couple of quarter pounder patties. About $1.79 apiece. Kills any hunger pains and no carbs.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My wife and I are trying a new diet and have stopped eating meat for a while. We bought some veggie burgers (Morning Star?) and they were ok, tasted like whatever you put on them; no real taste themselves. The other day we brought some Boca Burgers and tried them yesterday and they tasted like a burger! They were pretty good, good enough to buy more.

These are the really good, the ones I mentioned from Costco.... but perhaps avoid ahead of a social occasion in an enclosed space...

black-bean-burgers-are-a-must-have-v0-lljp4fxildua1.jpg

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    This is 'Merica. If you want to eat plant meat, then you do you, but don't force us all to your choices and do not freaking pretend that a steak made from cow is the same as a steak made from beans and soy. You can in certain situations get plants to taste like meat, but there is a plethora of proteins, fats, etc. that cannot be substituted with plants.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Be sure to take supplements. Ruminant animals like cattle provide all needed nutrients but plants do not. In fact some inhibit certain nutrient uptake.

A reason to avoid impossible burgers is because they are highly processed. Best thing for the body is to avoid all processed food along with avoiding sugar which is also in most processed food.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I cannot do without meat. The meatless diet is a temporary one and I can assure ya’ll that in 3 weeks, a nice sirloin or ribeye will be on my plate.

Top Bottom