• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We were designed to eat meat. :D

Maybe he can get with Mike Tyson and partner up on a new line. I can't be the only one who remembers Mike Bites...can I?

'Iron Mike' Tyson selling ear-shaped cannabis-infused edible gummies​

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    EVERY. SINGLE. VEGAN. Ive met is unattractive in some way, so this shouldnt produce much.

My favorite vegan is Crazy Meagan. A chick Ive met several times at the dropzone where I used to skydive. Hot as hell but 5 minutes talking to her and you start subtly texting a buddy to ask for a rescue call to excuse yourself and leave the AO ASAP. You know, Coyote Ugly... (where you would chew your arm off the next morning so as to get away without waking her) Crazy Meagan was not only a vegan, but a militant anti gunner. We had a "delightful" conversation where she couldnt believe somebody would need to carry a gun around everywhere. As I stood there grinning inside realizing she had absolutely no clue one of those freaks was standing in front of her. :):

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I ordered some Impossible Whoppers not even knowing what the hell it was when they came out..

Didn't even notice if it tasted any difference. Didn't find out what it was until later...
    Kinda pointless in my mind, but whatever.. it won't kill you.

Hell remember the soy extenders used in the school cafeteria burgers since the 70s... now those were nasty, ate more then I cared, but it was take whatever they served or not get lunch.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am incorporating artificial meat into a novel. It was interesting to learn about the process of making it, especially the heme portion. Did not realize it was in more than blood

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I ordered some Impossible Whoppers not even knowing what the hell it was when they came out..

Didn't even notice if it tasted any difference. Didn't find out what it was until later...
    Kinda pointless in my mind, but whatever.. it won't kill you.

Hell remember the soy extenders used in the school cafeteria burgers since the 70s... now those were nasty, ate more then I cared, but it was take whatever they served or not get lunch.
    Pretty sure soy is one of those things that jacks up estrogen at the demise of testosterone. Might explain why so many young men in the prime of their life are soft and wimpy.

I always figured that if you like the taste of meat, just eat meat, not some manufactured chemical compound.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Pretty sure soy is one of those things that jacks up estrogen at the demise of testosterone. Might explain why so many young men in the prime of their life are soft and wimpy.
    Hence the term "soy boi". I like soy sauce. But I don't use it very often. I ordered something at a chinese-ish restaurant once that said it had "edamame" in it. The picture made it look like sugar snap peas, so I thought that sounded good. That's when I found out that edamame is soy beans in the shell. It was like trying to eat little chunks of wood. :puke:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Hence the term "soy boi". I like soy sauce. But I don't use it very often. I ordered something at a chinese-ish restaurant once that said it had "edamame" in it. The picture made it look like sugar snap peas, so I thought that sounded good. That's when I found out that edamame is soy beans in the shell. It was like trying to eat little chunks of wood. :puke:
    I think with edamame you're not supposed to eat the shell. Just the beans inside.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think with edamame you're not supposed to eat the shell. Just the beans inside.
    Well, they sell it both ways in the frozen section at Kroger, but the restaurant put them in the stir-fry dish whole. Pretty sure they wouldn't expect you to shell them after they're all mixed in with the rest of the ingredients. And they need to stop calling them "edamame" and just call them what they are - soy beans! :):

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well, they sell it both ways in the frozen section at Kroger, but the restaurant put them in the stir-fry dish whole. Pretty sure they wouldn't expect you to shell them after they're all mixed in with the rest of the ingredients. And they need to stop calling them "edamame" and just call them what they are - soy beans! :):
    Yeah that might be a bit "tough" :): . But you are supposed to put it in your mouth and scrape scrape them out with your teeth. And I made the same mistake, trying to chew wood is a good description.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    People who are committed vegans or vegetarians and are the least bit educated on the subject know that super-processed, reconstituted meat substitutes designed to mimic meat are not healthier than meat. Further, they know that they aren't really "better for the environment" or any such drivel.

The "Impossible Burger" and its like are aimed at: 1) low-information band wagon jumpers more interested in what they can appear to be and what they can claim to be rather than actual health or actual benefit for the earth, 2) making it appear that veganism means giving up nothing....which is absurd, but most of all, 3) making money, which it is also proving to be horrible at.

The low information folks from #1 are learning that they can just lie about being vegan.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    “Beyond Meat, which claims to be the No. 1 seller worldwide of plant-based meat substitutes, announced this week that it lost $53 million in the second quarter of 2023 as its US revenue fell 40 percent.”

Just because you can, doesnt mean you should.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    “Beyond Meat, which claims to be the No. 1 seller worldwide of plant-based meat substitutes, announced this week that it lost $53 million in the second quarter of 2023 as its US revenue fell 40 percent.”

"Beyond Meet (ing profit goals)"

I'm slightly curious, but not enough to actually look into it, if they are still raising capital and if so who's still willing to shovel money into that fire. The energy needs are apparently rather high, so rising energy prices will further erode their ability to turn a profit even if they can gain market share.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom