Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    sent this to WISH TV admin:

To whom it may concern,

As a citizen of the City of Indianapolis, I have found myself mourning the loss of one of our police officers for the second time in less than a year. I found your story featuring Major Davis' family to be in extremely poor taste. In fact, it is disgusting and disrespectful not only to the family of Officer Renn, but to all the good citizens of this city. I am in shock that WISH TV would come up with this story, let alone publish it. No matter how you slice it, Major Davis was a convicted felon who used an illegally possessed firearm to murder a police officer. Nobody wants to hear his family's opinion on how he is a "good boy" and made a "mistake" and how it's the Officer's own fault that he got murdered. Davis murdered a police officer. He embodies the root of all crime in this city. Entitlement, lack of responsibility, lack of respect, lack of education, all these qualities are that of a career criminal, not an upstanding citizen. WISH TV should be ashamed to have published such a piece and I believe that you owe an apology to Officer Renn's family and to the citizens of the City of Indianapolis. I am truly disappointed in WISH TV.

Nice.
    Maybe more people should write letters like this.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    sent this to WISH TV admin:

To whom it may concern,

As a citizen of the City of Indianapolis, I have found myself mourning the loss of one of our police officers for the second time in less than a year. I found your story featuring Major Davis' family to be in extremely poor taste. In fact, it is disgusting and disrespectful not only to the family of Officer Renn, but to all the good citizens of this city. I am in shock that WISH TV would come up with this story, let alone publish it. No matter how you slice it, Major Davis was a convicted felon who used an illegally possessed firearm to murder a police officer. Nobody wants to hear his family's opinion on how he is a "good boy" and made a "mistake" and how it's the Officer's own fault that he got murdered. Davis murdered a police officer. He embodies the root of all crime in this city. Entitlement, lack of responsibility, lack of respect, lack of education, all these qualities are that of a career criminal, not an upstanding citizen. WISH TV should be ashamed to have published such a piece and I believe that you owe an apology to Officer Renn's family and to the citizens of the City of Indianapolis. I am truly disappointed in WISH TV.
    Excellent letter.
    Of course the cretins at the TV station will ignore your letter and focus on the "victims" family and friends statements bemoaning his traumatic experience at the hands of Da Man.
    A pox on every person who defends that scumbag thug......

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Excellent letter.
    Of course the cretins at the TV station will ignore your letter and focus on the "victims" family and friends statements bemoaning his traumatic experience at the hands of Da Man.
    A pox on every person who defends that scumbag thug......

Absolutely!!

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    You guys are looking at this like a politician. Gangs aren't going to be defeated with more cops, body armor, funding, banning weapons, you name it. What we have is a cultural problem at the root that doesn't instill traditional family values into the homes. The last figure I saw is that 72% are born out of wedlock in the black community and it's getting bigger. That's not to say that both parents aren't just live - ins or what not, but we see more and more children raised without a strong male presence in the home. Mom has a difficult time keeping tabs on multiple kids from multiple fathers and isn't present much because she is perhaps working multiple jobs. You have to get the black community to rally around the thug behavior and quit having such a high rate of teen pregnancy. Guys like Alan Keyes, Herman Cain, and Bill Cosby need to quit being vilified in their own community speaking out against the root problems that brings such damage to their population. Remember kankle lady telling us around 20 years ago that it takes a village? If fails miserably because no village is accountable only a mother and father in raising their kids are held responsible to some degree.

We're fighting the fight against radical Islam/terrorists by throwing more bullets and money into the equation. How well is that working out for us?

skulhedface

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    east indy
    You guys are looking at this like a politician. Gangs aren't going to be defeated with more cops, body armor, funding, banning weapons, you name it. What we have is a cultural problem at the root that doesn't instill traditional family values into the homes. The last figure I saw is that 72% are born out of wedlock in the black community and it's getting bigger. That's not to say that both parents aren't just live - ins or what not, but we see more and more children raised without a strong male presence in the home. Mom has a difficult time keeping tabs on multiple kids from multiple fathers and isn't present much because she is perhaps working multiple jobs. You have to get the black community to rally around the thug behavior and quit having such a high rate of teen pregnancy. Guys like Alan Keyes, Herman Cain, and Bill Cosby need to quit being vilified in their own community speaking out against the root problems that brings such damage to their population. Remember kankle lady telling us around 20 years ago that it takes a village? If fails miserably because no village is accountable only a mother and father in raising their kids are held responsible to some degree.

We're fighting the fight against radical Islam/terrorists by throwing more bullets and money into the equation. How well is that working out for us?

Isn't this the same thought process that got things to where they are now? "No honey, it's not your fault you murdered a cop because you were raised without a father." You are right that we can't win here for the same reason we can't win in the sand. The people don't have the stomach to allow what is needed to win. Bulldoze a community center, build gallows. Darwinism only works when you let it.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

While I agree about the root of the problem, your solution is a long term solution and can only work if the right people recognize the problem and agree with the solution and act on it. But that's not going to happen because the social group that needs to do those things are political fodder. Conservatives can't do anything because they're seen as "evil". Welfare as we know it needs to end. People can't be rewarded for raising thugs. Progressives won't do anything to solve it because their heads are too far up their asses and are the very reason why thug raising is rewarded.

So there's only the short term strategy, which is just to survive. So maybe that means more cops, body armor, funding, more jails to hold more thugs, and to vote out the ***** ass judges and prosecutors who let violent people out of jail.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

We've been pouring money at the problem through community organizations for years now, how's that been working out?

I agree with you that societal issues are largely to blame but at this point we've proven that all of the hand outs, assistance and talking in the world isn't changing anything. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Unfortunately no on wants the guys who get paid to be good guys with guns to use them. We're supposed to talk nicely and not use swear words instead.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And sadly you are right. This goes to the core belief system in place through out the thug culture.
    Spend some real time in the areas most likely to generate these folks. Watch the area dynamics. On one hand you have a lot of kids running amok. Literally. No adult supervision, no strong male interactions. The flip side of that is good parents keeping their kids inside and away from the insanity. The last group in the minority.

These kids grow up "Never" hearing the word no connected with their activity's outside the home. When adults they take serious offense to be told they can not do something....the respect thing which they have twisted around to fit the lifestyle. It is a hot mess that will take more effort than we as a society have the stomach to change. Add in the currant PC mind set and no one wants to open that door. The flack generated by the truth is more than a person can withstand. Look at how the good people you mention are attacked when they suggest change. Change takes effort. There will be none exerted unless forced by some life altering event......something like a drastic reduction in welfare, no more money for hasveing more baby's etc.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    We've been pouring money at the problem through community organizations for years now, how's that been working out?

I agree with you that societal issues are largely to blame but at this point we've proven that all of the hand outs, assistance and talking in the world isn't changing anything. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Unfortunately no on wants the guys who get paid to be good guys with guns to use them. We're supposed to talk nicely and not use swear words instead.

We do the same thing with our military. We don't fight wars that end them. We merely try fighting with a knife 1//2" longer than our end rather that going Hiroshima on their arses.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Unfortunately no on wants the guys who get paid to be good guys with guns to use them. We're supposed to talk nicely and not use swear words instead.

This right here ^ is the problem .

Kinda like that scene with Jack Nickleson in " A few good men " where he's talking about "standing a watch on the wall " and " providing the blanket of freedom " .

It seems like much of INGO and the nation want the good guys to be some kind of fairy tale perfected , knights in shinning armor .

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I think I met Officer Renn once some time ago, may he rest in peace. The local rag here is saying the defendant's only conviction was misdemeanor weed. What was his felony conviction?

I looked around on mycase and only found the cannabis misdemeanor and a bunch of moving violations and other traffic stuff. Checked the DOC Offender Database and found his dads bit for dealing cocaine in the mid 1990's. Is there a chance that maybe this gun was actually legally possessed?

My heart is with the IMPD. I have seen some facebook status updates from IMPD officers, and the level of righteous rage toward this loss is extremely high.

I also feel that since the anti-gun factions will be trying to twist this loss politically, we as responsible gun owners may be well served to get out in front of this.
    An idea I have been kicking around is for gun owners, other citizens, and businesses to unite with local government and establish a new fund (or utilize the existing CrimeStoppers model) that will pay a substantial reward (at least several hundred dollars) for anonymous information leading to the seizure of firearms from minors (who are in possession outside of legal boundary) and felons. The tipster would be paid if a gun was seized regardless of prosecution, but prosecution would be pursued whenever possible. The tipster hotline should be heavily promoted via billboards, sides of buses, television, radio, and social media. The message should push the idea that "saving lives isn't snitching."

Again, my thoughts are with IMPD in these rough hours. It is time to take the fight to the scum of this city.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    This right here ^ is the problem .

Kinda like that scene with Jack Nickleson in " A few good men " where he's talking about "standing a watch on the wall " and " providing the blanket of freedom " .

It seems like much of INGO and the nation want the good guys to be some kind of fairy tale perfected , knights in shinning armor .
    This^^^^
    And I'm sure they also believe that Unicorns will come charging over the hill to save us from the bad guys.
    Belief in unrealistic solutions to basic problems is a rampant disease in this country.
    We protect those that Darwin predicted would not be intelligent enough to survive by paying for everything that they need, or want, at the expense of the shrinking working class.
    By doing so we allow ignorant, slothful, and zero initiative people to reproduce.
    A primary reason that Rome fell was because of "Bread and circuses" (Bread and circuses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    We are doing the same thing!!!

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    We're supposed to talk nicely and not use swear words instead.

This is utterly irrelevant. Does not using swear words risk personal harm to you or other LEOs? No, it doesn't. There are those of us who would like LEOs to be professional, and we aren't anti-cop. We want all of them to come home at the end of the shift.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I looked around on mycase and...

Mycase is not all inclusive, many counties do not report or did not put older convictions in when they started reporting. I have no idea what his criminal record is, and couldn't release it if I did, but just be aware of the limited scope of mycase.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You guys are looking at this like a politician. Gangs aren't going to be defeated with more cops, body armor, funding, banning weapons, you name it. What we have is a cultural problem at the root that doesn't instill traditional family values into the homes....

The carrot doesn't work without the stick and vice versa.

The simple fact is there is no simple answer. If there was, we'd have fixed it by now. It requires a multi-discipline approach and it requires community support. Saving a neighborhood is like saving an addict. You can't force it to change until its receptive to help.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...The simple fact is there is no simple answer. If there was, we'd have fixed it by now. It requires a multi-discipline approach and it requires community support. Saving a neighborhood is like saving an addict. You can't force it to change until its receptive to help.

I sincerely wish you good luck.
    As an outsider looking in, it sure appears that the folks who throw the buzz words "community" and "violence" around every other sentence are more a part of the problem than the solution?

Top Bottom