Idaho Student murders update: Police say why key details are being withheld from the public

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They most likely had his DNA before the arrest. Just have someone follow him to McDonalds and get his coffee cup. I'm sure they wanted to be 100% certain before all the news got out.

Reactions: Mij

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But on the plus side, I got my anthrax vaccine.....
    Which brings up an earlier drug they gave to a lot of people that ended up causing problems, Cipro. Not as bad as the latest one seems to be, but it has since been given a black box warning because it causes very serious tendon and joint issues.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Can't wait to meet this absolute ninja who hacked four people to death in a huge bloody mess without disturbing other people in the same house, then apparently walked off without leaving any immediately actionable evidence at all.

:scratch:
    I heard one account which stated at least a couple of the victims had "defensive wounds," meaning they fought back. That's probably why Kohberger's DNA was at the scene. That is what screwed him, that plus the fact one of his relatives sent something to Ancestry.com or whatever. (The cops solve tons of crimes by finding close relatives to a "stranger" DNA contributor, then staking everyone out...I would have to imagine that participation in the mail-order genealogy racket has to be plummeting, in certain demographics. Some folks are probably a lot less interested in finding out the specifics of who's in their woodpile, now that everyone knows how this info is commonly used).

I bet not many of his extended family were living near the crime scene, so really, the white Hyundai was just the icing on the cake, because they already had him at DNA. It was just a matter of piecing together enough to get the arrest warrant. In fact, I suspect the public disclosure about the Hyundai may have been intended to smoke him out in some way and get him on the move. Two pull-overs in Indiana? Perhaps totally unrelated...perhaps just hassling all white Hyundais...perhaps an attempt to get DNA off his drivers license, in a state where the rules of engagement are more permissive? The guy had to be spooked at that point. A different article stated one of the cops tailing him in PA said Kohberger was wearing gloves while grocery shopping. They had to know he was the guy, at that point. And I bet the 5:30 am knock was not a total surprise, from Kohberger's end, either.

The cell phone pings reportedly place him in the same location as several of the victims, repeatedly, suggesting he was stalking them for a long time before the crime. The accounts from the jail now suggest he realizes his goose is cooked, and is pulling the Nikolas Cruz routine and acting erratically to begin setting up an insanity defense. I really hope Idaho is in the mood to utilize their death penalty. He went hunting on the wrong side of the Washington state border.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Can't wait to meet this absolute ninja who hacked four people to death in a huge bloody mess without disturbing other people in the same house, then apparently walked off without leaving any immediately actionable evidence at all.

:scratch:
    So I just read an article, which I accidentally closed, that in fact one of the surviving roommates did hear
    a noise at 3 am, opened the door, and saw a guy dressed in black with a face mask walk right past her to exit the building… as she was frozen in fear. This was in some affidavit just released in court about the arrest of this guy.

And yet nobody called 911 until 11 AM? Do I remember that correctly?

I’m off to find that story again.

ETA: OK found another story that says the same thing. It was 4 AM, not 3 AM. Still, why the delay in calling the cops? The girl just locked her self in her room after seeing the masked man depart the building. And they found the arrested guy’s DNA at the scene on the “button” of a knife sheath apparently left behind.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not accurate. News is reporting an unsubstantiated report that the FBI directed ISP to stop him for this purpose. 100% wrong. The Trooper had no idea who he was.

Interesting. They are still reporting this now.

Do all ISP have bodycams that run all the time?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My guess is the house was likely Grand Central Station on the weekends. Frequently filled with strangers (hook ups) and the ensuing drama of young adults(?). It is not a stretch to assume most inhabitants (residents and any overnight guests) had consumed alcohol and other Saturday night substances. Since COVID seeing someone wearing a mask is not out of the ordinary.

I doubt that anyone is coherent enough to attend church service on a Sunday morning. The 911 call was likely not made until 11am because no one was up and about until late morning. Assuming illegal party substances were on hand they would need to be hidden before calling 911 so as not to incriminate themselves.

It will be interesting to see the FACTs when they come out rather than all the speculation by the media and those of us on INGO making guesses.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So I just read an article, which I accidentally closed, that in fact one of the surviving roommates did hear
    a noise at 3 am, opened the door, and saw a guy dressed in black with a face mask walk right past her to exit the building… as she was frozen in fear. This was in some affidavit just released in court about the arrest of this guy.

I’m off to find that story again.

ETA: OK found another story that says the same thing. It was 4 AM, not 3 AM. Still, why the delay in calling the cops? The girl just locked her self in her room after seeing the masked man depart the building. And they found the arrested guy’s DNA at the scene on the “button” of a knife sheath apparently left behind.

Ha, I was wondering when someone would reply to that comment.

Still very weird. Guy's not much of a ninja. Must not have gotten blood all over the car if Dad hopped in for a road trip and didn't notice anything.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    It has also been reported that the accused's sister was in a slasher flick in 2011. It was about college girls slashed to death. I can't find the article again to link.
    Edit to add
    TMZ has that story.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    So if one of my dumbass relatives voluntarily sends in their DNA am I now tangentially in the database?

Government narrows down their DNA search to a specific family and then simply investigates all 15 members of the family?
    A cousin or two on one side, a cousin or two on the other side... then they would know it was you or your sibling.

ETA: Above is still true, they can trace familial DNA... BUT that's not how they caught this guy according to the affidavit. Had a lot of other evidence and DNA matched to trash at his parent's house.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom