Idaho Student murders update: Police say why key details are being withheld from the public

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    I lived in near Moscow for 6 years before we moved to Indiana last year. So it was strange to see my old local town on the news everyday, and amazed that nobody has a suspect until now. Moscow is a blue dot on a very red state and is normally very chill, lots of hippies and liberals all protesting make peace not war BS. Legendary farmers market there (hippies can grow some food). Anyway, many of them are transplants from Washington state so I'm not surprised to learn the suspect is from WSU and a PhD student.

The sole reason we moved to Indiana was for my kids to go to Purdue. We were going to send our kids to University of Idaho next year, and in hindsight, I'm so glad we didn't.

Should be interesting to learn what his motive was; regardless, hope he rots in hell.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    What was his motive?
    I’m guessing Pretty Blond Girl syndrome.

Murderer was either infatuated with one of them or simply dissed/laughed at by the girls for being a creep/nerd at a party, grocery, coffee shop…

Killing with a knife requires some real passion behind your desire to murder someone.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    If people read the fine print on the terms of service when they sign up for these DNA things, they'd likely understand that. :coffee:
    Not trying to imply that I have a problem with it; I've never used one myself, and TBH probably wouldn't have read the terms and conditions if I had, so I was just curious about the technology side of things. Like, does this mean the suspect himself must have used a service like this at some point, or could they have narrowed the field down just by finding close matches to his DNA like if say, someone in his family had done an ancestry test?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Where exactly do these databases come from? Does this mean that companies like ancestry.com keep records of DNA that individuals send in to them, and the police searched those records, or something else?
    Stupid people who watch genealogy TV shows (which were probably made with government money) voluntarily sending in their DNA.

It's one of the dumbest things the American public has ever done. We handed the government a universal population DNA database. Doesn't matter that you didn't submit your DNA, they have enough to hunt down your family and threaten/pressure them to give you up.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Where exactly do these databases come from? Does this mean that companies like ancestry.com keep records of DNA that individuals send in to them, and the police searched those records, or something else?
    No, it means ancest. dot com is a shill co. for uncle suger. As I’ve suspected from day one. The feds will not be happy until they can follow every person born in the country 24/7/365 from day of birth to day of death.

eta: jmo

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Stupid people who watch genealogy TV shows (which were probably made with government money) voluntarily sending in their DNA.

It's one of the dumbest things the American public has ever done. We handed the government a universal population DNA database. Doesn't matter that you didn't submit your DNA, they have enough to hunt down your family and threaten/pressure them to give you up.
    People are not necessarily stupid for trying to use their DNA to find their families. Like anything people would have to weigh their desire to learn of other family members against the loss of privacy.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    People are not necessarily stupid for trying to use their DNA to find their families. Like anything people would have to weigh their desire to learn of other family members against the loss of privacy.
    It's not their loss of privacy, it's mine. I didn't send anything in to any database, but they can use it to find me just fine.

Top Bottom