• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

I've always wondered what police think when they are driving the speed limit on a multi-lane road like 465 and there are a hundred cars behind them, hoping they take the next exit, if I may respectfully add. ;)

I came up behind a bunch of cars lined up behind a trooper who was doing 5 under the speed limit. I checked the sign at the side of the road, checked our speed, yup, 5 under. I pulled out in the passing lane and everyone watched while I moseyed ahead at the speed limit. The trooper and nodded at each other, I pulled back in after a safe distance (using my signal!), looked in the rear view, and it was like a precision driving team --- EVERYONE behind the trooper simultaneously pulled over into the passing lane and sedately passed the cop. He probably got a sore neck from checking to the side as every one of them drove past.

Back to the original -- I am a volunteer firefighter/emt, so far the only scenes I have been at where the patient had a firearm he was not supposed to have it, and the police were notably less friendly than described in VUPD's post.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    OK, I'm jealous that someone can have the balls to pass a police car while going ten miles over and not get a ticket. Meanwhile, I get tickets for changing lanes without signaling or driving through a yellow light. I've never gotten a warning in my life. I don't know if it's my sunny disposition or if that's just SOP around here.

What are you driving?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are you often out at times of day that are perp-rich environment. I'm usually rolling to work between 0300 and 0330 so I'll get stopped for almost anything, including one (of two) license plate lights out. They're looking for drunks and other no-account types so I don't mind it. But unlike you, always ends quickly with no ticket after they run my DL

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Are you often out at times of day that are perp-rich environment. I'm usually rolling to work between 0300 and 0330 so I'll get stopped for almost anything, including one (of two) license plate lights out. They're looking for drunks and other no-account types so I don't mind it. But unlike you, always ends quickly with no ticket after they run my DL

I don't know, but don't worry about it. I didn't intend to make this thread all about me. It is what it is.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    CavMedic, thanks for admitting what everybody knows, firefighters are the real heroes.

I have worked a few scenes where guns are present. It seems that it depends on the crew. Some get worked up over them. Some don't care. For the ones that get worked up, they want LE to take it before they leave the scene.

i always wondered if there was Officer discretion in what happens to the gun after they take it.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I responded to a traffic accident with injury. The injured guy was carrying and was going to be taken my ambulance to the hospital. He informed me immediately that he was carrying :faint: . I disarmed him and took the evil, icky gun from him. I then took his property to his house and released it to his wife. No serial numbers were run and no jackboots were soiled.

bad,bad,bad vupdblue!...dont you know the rules!...you are supposed to take the gun, run the numbers, explain how dangerous it is for him to carry!...then you are supposed to put on a "catholic school girl outfit" and demonstrate how easy it is for a child to disarm them!...all while delivering many,many boots to the head!

all in the name of public safety!

now back to the normal color for props! good job, thanks for not being a jbt like a lot of "ego" cops!

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    :+1: to VUPD

I wish this was always the case.... Seems like everytime I have been listening to Hamilton county sheriff or Carmel PD, I've heard them run the serial. Granted, I am over the radio and cant see what actually is happening, but after it comes up negative for being stolen, Off they go.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I know Karma comes around at it's own schedule, but apparently today was the day for me! I ran a quick errand this morning that included fueling up the bacon-mobile. While I was pumping, a car full of senior citizens pulls up and one asks if they can talk to me...happens all the time. Anyway, the lady tells me that her sister has passed away recently and she and her other sisters are cleaning out the deceased's belongings. She goes on to tell me that the husband of the deceased, who passed some time ago, was a shooter and she found all this ammo and tried to take it to the police station and they wouldn't take it. She tells me that she doesn't want it and doesn't know how to get rid of it. I told her that I'd be happy to take it off her hands and provide her proper compensation for it. She declined the compensation but handed me a 50 cal ammo can filled with old-school boxes of mini-mags, some old Sears brand shotgun shells and some old Kleen Bore .38s. She thanked me for my service and asked if I had a business card in case she found any more. What a day......

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I know Karma comes around at it's own schedule, but apparently today was the day for me! I ran a quick errand this morning that included fueling up the bacon-mobile. While I was pumping, a car full of senior citizens pulls up and one asks if they can talk to me...happens all the time. Anyway, the lady tells me that her sister has passed away recently and she and her other sisters are cleaning out the deceased's belongings. She goes on to tell me that the husband of the deceased, who passed some time ago, was a shooter and she found all this ammo and tried to take it to the police station and they wouldn't take it. She tells me that she doesn't want it and doesn't know how to get rid of it. I told her that I'd be happy to take it off her hands and provide her proper compensation for it. She declined the compensation but handed me a 50 cal ammo can filled with old-school boxes of mini-mags, some old Sears brand shotgun shells and some old Kleen Bore .38s. She thanked me for my service and asked if I had a business card in case she found any more. What a day......
    No bengay?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010

I don't post often lately, but couldn't pass on +1 for the OP.

In regards to above quoted, back in the old days (~1975) my partner ended up with a real nice Garand from a widow who called 911 wanting to see it get a good home.

Top Bottom