• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Most lawmen are pro-gun, and VUPD exemplifies all the best in that regard.
    Thumbs up and repped.

Obviously our resident INGO lawmen are pro-gun, but on average, they seem to be indifferent at best. I've met a great many cops who are not gun people. It's just part of the job and they only shoot what they need to to qualify.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    [/QUOTE]I hadn't thought much about how that would go down If I were injured while carrying. Hopefully someone would do the right thing like VUPDBLUE. What is EMT or FD/PD SOP with firearms?[/QUOTE]

As a lowly Ambulance Driver (firefighter are the true heroes /s), if I had a Pt that was carrying with no PD present and let me know I would simply clear it and secure it in the truck and then transfer it to the Deputies at the Hosp. They do have secure storage there for property. They have plans for this sort of thing.

Now, if the Pt doesn't let us know then it becomes a bigger issue as they are taking a firearm into a Hospital which is a no-no as they are one of those AMAZING gun free zones.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I work in an ER, and one of the doctors said that at the hospital in Chicago where she works, a patient did not notify anyone that he was carrying, and when he dropped his pants, the gun went off. She said there has been a bullet lodged in the wall for months.

In our ER, if someone comes in with a firearm, we notify security and they put it in the safe. If I were a gunowner, I would much prefer the way VUPD handled it because I've seen what can happen to personal belongs (not firearms in particular).

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    VU did you talk to him for an hr about INGO and why he should join before he was taken to the hospital only to find out later if you hadn't mentioned INGO he would of stayed for treatment and is now making a run to the classifieds.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Passing a marked car and exceeding the speed limit to do so is playing with fire.

Yeah, I have all kinds of fight the power in me, but I am not passing a marked car on the highway unless Mrs. Miguel or another family member are en route to the hospital for an emergency or I'm running from Godzilla. Then all bets are off! :laugh:

I've always wondered what police think when they are driving the speed limit on a multi-lane road like 465 and there are a hundred cars behind them, hoping they take the next exit, if I may respectfully add. ;)

Is the most common thought, "Ha ha, can't pass me!" or "Oh, just pass me, I've got better things to do than pull you over!"

p.s. I like police so I'm not trying to box anyone in with this question, it's just always something I think about when it happens!

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Did you check the trunk for bodies?
    You disarmed a man heading to a place where he might need it most. $40 for an aspirin? :)

p.s. no good deed goes unpunished.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    How is that a "bigger issue"? Seems like your same plan would apply.
    Not for me it isn't. Also depends on the Pt. Everyday Joe, they are gonna handle it like normal. Guy hopped on something and acting sketchy, they might not be as kind to. Sometimes we are not able to check everything a Pt has with them, or it's not relevant to treating them at the time, and they take things into the hospital that maybe they shouldn't. Like their crack/meth pipes, drugs...lots of drugs and other such items.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I've always wondered what police think when they are driving the speed limit on a multi-lane road like 465 and there are a hundred cars behind them, hoping they take the next exit, if I may respectfully add. ;)

I don't know that I've ever seen a marked IMPD cruiser going slower than roughly 60 or 65 on 465. I usually drive 55 in my truck (in slow lane) and about get mowed over. In a smaller car I usually am traveling at 65 and still get mowed over (all cars, not just police). Marked police cars seemed to always be passing me. Never been stopped by one for going 65. I though the 65 in 465 was the suggested speed.

ISP is a different story.

Top Bottom