• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Reality can never be found in the pages of WaPo or the NYT, as anyone paying a modicum attention can easily see. Do you really think they wouldn't survey hundreds of people and then go with the ones who allow them to make the point they wish? Do you think that was a random sample of republican 'men on the street'?
    WAPo and NYT are loaded with bias in general, but I don’t think this is a reach. To find a similar opinion to the one in NYT I only had to look up one post on this very thread to find a similar sentiment.
    I would vote for Hailey over Biden...but I’ll show up first in line to vote for Biden’s vegetative shell again if I have no other choice but Trump.
    I think a lot of people fall into this category. Hence Nikki outperforming Trump against Biden.

No, you blamed Trump supporters for not having the same delusions vision as you

When the man we wanted was not the one you thought we should want, exercising our freedom to choose became the problem - so much so that you're willing to keep shilling for a neocon with no chance of winning simply to damage Trump

I really think you don't want a republican to win if it has to
    be Trump
    I don’t think you follow…

It is true that I don’t share the unconditional love of Trump that others do and would say that I am not all about the person, rather the vision.
    I don’t put all Trump voters in one bucket, but I do think a big chunk are similar in thinking.

I would LOVE to see Trump beat Biden. Most of my anger with Trump is that I don’t see him doing the things that I think he needs to do to beat him. Trump is not my first choice as I don’t think he will fix the ATF problem and sucks on guns, will surely be a media circus, and has alienated many in the party to execute on things.
    I do however think he would be swift with the pen to address the border problem and other things. Hopefully he learned how to make changes with a pen stick better than he did term 1. Would be a significant improvement over Biden.

I also don’t recall endorsing Haley. I’ve said given my choices in the big field that I could live with her as the nominee. I can see through the campaign to paint her as a Democrat. The appeal of Nikki to me has always been that I think she can win easily. Not my ideal candidate though.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Nobody believes 81 million people came out for Biden…those were 81 million votes against Trump…that’s how much the rest of the us are disgusted by him.

In the time since he lost the 2020 election his “certification” conspiracy failed to usurp the will of the electorate, his loyal followers stormed the capital, his SCOTUS overturned RvW, and he’s collected 90-some felony charges and half a billion dollars worth of judgements in a never-ending whirlpool of legal losses.

That seems to be consolidating likely Republican voters behind Trump, but it is abhorrent to the rest of the electorate…and that is a powerful motivator for several different blocks of voters that normally stay home and aren‘t likely to appear on political pollsters’ call lists.

The only people who view trump as a victim of a rigged system are the people who primarily consume right-wing media… the left and the middle view him as an imbecile and a grifter who is finally facing accountability for the first time in his life.

Millions of Biden voters were people who voted reliably Republican in past Presidential elections, but cannot pull the lever for Trump because of personal ethical or moral reasons. Those people didn’t want to vote for Biden in 2020, but they did…and those same people will likely vote for Biden in 2024 for the exact same reason…to stop Trump.

The only thing Biden has going for him in 2024 is that he isn’t Trump. Any other candidate robs Biden of this appeal, and gives the people who crossed the aisle to stop trump a reason to come back or stay home on Election Day.

I would vote for Hailey over Biden...but I’ll show up first in line to vote for Biden’s vegetative shell again if I have no other choice but Trump.
    So after you have seen what has gone on since Trump left office you would vote Biden over Trump! AMAZING

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Nobody believes 81 million people came out for Biden…those were 81 million votes against Trump…that’s how much the rest of the us are disgusted by him.
    I think this gets lost to many Trump supporters.

I’m not talking about the D machine. I’m talking about voters that will say they couldn’t bring themselves to vote for Trump, but magically have the ability to vote for a man that walks around in depends that are full to the waistband. If that is what we are looking at, then by all means those brainless voters deserve another 4 years of joe and an additional 8 from kamalla. It is the RINO voters that I speak of. They are the only group that has the ability to move brown streak joe into the lead.
    I understood it in 2020 because Biden hid and was seen as normal/safe/moderate as opposed to Trump, who was chaos.
    Given the 7.2 million invading migrants, partisan spending, wars, inflation, energy stupidity, etc. I don’t see how people rationalize Biden. I think it would have to be a vote against. I assume some of those will vote Kennedy this time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I missed where he said he was a biden supporter. I thought I saw a post saying that he would be voting for the GOP candidate in the general election.

Am I mistaken?
    You are who you associate with. Never posts a post with a conservative source. Always the mockingbird media links and polls. The latest is NYT. What a joke. Birds of a feather and all that…

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

In the time since he lost the 2020 election his “certification” conspiracy failed to usurp the will of the electorate, his loyal followers stormed the capital, his SCOTUS overturned RvW, and he’s collected 90-some felony charges and half a billion dollars worth of judgements in a never-ending whirlpool of legal losses.

That seems to be consolidating likely Republican voters behind Trump, but it is abhorrent to the rest of the electorate…and that is a powerful motivator for several different blocks of voters that normally stay home and aren‘t likely to appear on political pollsters’ call lists.

The only people who view trump as a victim of a rigged system are the people who primarily consume right-wing media… the left and the middle view him as an imbecile and a grifter who is finally facing accountability for the first time in his life.

Millions of Biden voters were people who voted reliably Republican in past Presidential elections, but cannot pull the lever for Trump because of personal ethical or moral reasons. Those people didn’t want to vote for Biden in 2020, but they did…and those same people will likely vote for Biden in 2024 for the exact same reason…to stop Trump.

The only thing Biden has going for him in 2024 is that he isn’t Trump. Any other candidate robs Biden of this appeal, and gives the people who crossed the aisle to stop trump a reason to come back or stay home on Election Day.

You really paint a bleak picture for the American citizen. You really think that many people are that deranged and incapable of critical thinking abilities?

I've been around enough of this country to know the majority of people are not that stupid.

In fact the only time I've seen people recite things as silly as what you're saying is by browsing twitter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The opposite of a candidate who needs donors to pay his legal bills is one that doesn't.
    The idea that ONLY Trump will improve our current situation and ONLY Trump is "AMERICA FIRST" is absurd.

I made two points-
    1- That 2 states have voted and that it is still early. The Dems in 2020 had not yet consolidated behind Biden. Trump v Cruz v field was still very much in play in 2016. If she is way down going into Super Tuesday, at that point, the concern about Trump taking shots from within the party becomes a valid one. Right now, it is not. I'm sure someone will cherry pick a rebuttal poll, but her outperfoming him consistently is undeniable.

2- Haley or a generic R has a much better shot at beating Biden than Trump. Polls have pretty consistently shown this. She outperforms a polarizing candidate. While some can't resist the urge to lick/buy his shoes, not everyone loves Trump.

Here is an interesting bit the NYT times did.

Looking at a sample group that overwhelmingly breaks Trump, you see a few interesting things.

View attachment 335059 View attachment 335060

Clearly, this isn't a MAGA vs TDS/ORANGE HATERS/blue delusion bs argument. Trump has obvious faults and hurdles to winning and the reason that he LOST in 2020 and could lose against a historically unpopular candidate this time, is that he is seen by even potential voters as conceited/egotistical/self-righteous/narcissist/flamboyant/irritating/crazy.

The Trump folks campaign assault on Haley has been to paint his previous appointee as a Democrat, left-wing, neocon, etc.
    Clearly, some have listened.

Some Republicans, like myself, would like to see our party be about a vision/direction and not about one man. Everything I've seen about "America First" means Trump first. If you love Trump or are in his entourage, you are branded America First, if you oppose Trump then you are not. Ideologies, views, records,etc are all meaningless about America First. Unless it is some sort of bizarre isolationist message to some.

It's not about being Anti-Trump. Nobody, especially policitians are above criticism. I would LOVE to see Trump hit the talking points and make this election about current issues and fixing them. I would LOVE to see Trump message the things he needs to do and be an effective leader. I just see a man who can't get out of a court room and stop shooting himself in the foot with his mouth. I see a base that is addicted to one man with a very different perception than a majority of the country and outside of Biden losing it, I struggle to see enough of the middle embrace his flaws enough to vote for him.
    Is Haley not a neocon? Really?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    You really paint a bleak picture for the American citizen. You really think that many people are that deranged and incapable of critical thinking abilities?

I've been around enough of this country to know the majority of people are not that stupid.

In fact the only time I've seen people recite things as silly as what you're saying is by browsing twitter.
    I honestly believe a huge portion of Biden's votes were due to the implicit messaging of, "Trump is screwing up Covid; put us in charge and we'll make things go back to normal."

Lest we forget, they were also poo-pooing the "Trump vaccine", only to turn around as soon as they got into office and try to jam the same vaccines down everyone's throats while locking down even harder.

Short of getting us into a shooting war with Russia before Election Day, I don't see how they can pull a similar rabbit out of the hat this time around. Biden is a known quantity at this point, and I expect Dem turnout will be significantly depressed compared to the last go-round.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Hand picked by NYT. A quote from a first rodeo…
    You are who you associate with. Never posts a post with a conservative source. Always the mockingbird media links and polls. The latest is NYT. What a joke. Birds of a feather and all that…

That you?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So... today is the day when those whom have been under haley's "governance" before send her a resounding NO.

I cannot say I will miss her when she is gone. Among other things, she demonstrated she is nothing but a tool when it came to taking down flags and monuments as a bow to the mob.

So long haley.... I hope the door hits you in backside on your way out.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The Haley fans have pointed out that Trump is "not a choice" for a lot of people.

Haley is "not a choice" for a lot of people, also.

I will not vote for her, based on what she has shown. Ron DeSantis destroyed her. She will simply take Joe Biden's policies on things like trade, war, and the border, affix the label of "Republican Bipartisanship," and put the same essential policy in place with cosmetic embellishments to make it sound more "business friendly."

The people who are for Haley, better figure out in crystal-clear terms exactly what it is about her that's better than Biden, and start articulating that and convincing people. And showing why past things she's said on-record don't contradict it. I'm not convinced. Whatever it is you like about her, you are not going to get, unless you convince people like me. You are going to get Biden again.

That she's more "business friendly" is not good enough. I'll let Biden win, before I will have a Republican implementing Biden policies with bipartisan "business friendly" spin.

Get cracking, Haley supporters. Make the case for her. You keep saying Biden will win because he's "not Trump." Well, I'm not going to vote for Haley just because she's "not Biden." You're going to have to convince me. And presently, I'm not convinced.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    That you?
    The irony fits well.

The first thing I notice about the "anyone but Trump" crowd is the superiority complex. It does not matter if they are democrats or republicans, they have this mental image of somehow being superior to all other schools of thought, and disregard any opinion they do not agree with as inferior or less than beliefs they hold. They also tend to stick with sources that reinforce their belief system...almost as if they were programmed to.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The Haley fans have pointed out that Trump is "not a choice" for a lot of people.

Haley is "not a choice" for a lot of people, also.

I will not vote for her, based on what she has shown. Ron DeSantis destroyed her. She will simply take Joe Biden's policies on things like trade, war, and the border, affix the label of "Republican Bipartisanship," and put the same essential policy in place with cosmetic embellishments to make it sound more "business friendly."

The people who are for Haley, better figure out in crystal-clear terms exactly what it is about her that's better than Biden, and start articulating that and convincing people. And showing why past things she's said on-record don't contradict it. I'm not convinced. Whatever it is you like about her, you are not going to get, unless you convince people like me. You are going to get Biden again.

That she's more "business friendly" is not good enough. I'll let Biden win, before I will have a Republican implementing Biden policies with bipartisan "business friendly" spin.

Get cracking, Haley supporters. Make the case for her. You keep saying Biden will win because he's "not Trump." Well, I'm not going to vote for Haley just because she's "not Biden." You're going to have to convince me. And presently, I'm not convinced.
    Are you saying that if Haley wins the nomination you would not vote for her or if you were in SC you would not vote for her?

Top Bottom