• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    After every school shooting theirs a huge push by the anti to grab the limelight and try and get one of thier useless laws passed. Hopefully , as with the last shooting, cooler heads will prevail. Guns have been banned on school grounds since 1990, thats getting close to 30 years. How many deranged killers has the "gun free school zones act" stopped? None, we all know this, i would imagine the anti's do too, but convincing a grieving public that banning guns does nothing to safeguard their children is at the very least a major uphill battle. As others have said , we can state fact after fact after fact and all the talking heads will say is we are heartless. We just need to remain calm and be prepared to fight in congress by letting our representatives know the truth.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Mass shooting plot for SoCal high school thwarted by alert security guard

Seems like a reasonable route to take, then.

I don't really get how schools are even open to outsiders. Every door should require a fob that only teachers and staff have. Every door locked during school hours. One or two guards at the main entrances. Doesn't seem hard.

I have a friend who's argument is there is no money to fund this. I told him the number crunchers need to get to work and find a way. How much money are the lives of children worth?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have a friend who's argument is there is no money to fund this. I told him the number crunchers need to get to work and find a way. How much money are the lives of children worth?

I am an at home dad right now. My kids will start next year. I would be honored to work security at my kids school for free. I am sure there are others out there that would do the same.

Someone has to grow a pair and start a plan to deal with these sick folks. Dust off the electric chair and make an example. Stop all the political correctness. Stuff like this doesn't happen in other countries because they would whack them on the spot.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    school.kids.anti3.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Ask them how they find the money for sprinklers, alarms, and drills for fires.
    And yet, how many kids are burned in school fires?
    But they don't discontinue those things, cause they work.
    Why treat guns different?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ask them how they find the money for sprinklers, alarms, and drills for fires.
    And yet, how many kids are burned in school fires?
    But they don't discontinue those things, cause they work.
    Why treat guns different?

I told him they could arm and train staff members for less than one police officer's salary. He disagreed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I had a discussion about this with my kids yesterday, one 19 and a freshman in college, the other 17 and a junior in high school, and explained how disappointed and afraid I was to see the kids of their generation begging for the government to take there rights away. The same government that spies on us, is driving us into financial oblivion, and can't be bothered to look into this scumbag that was telling the world what he planned on doing. Thankfully they agreed.

It's just easier to give away your freedom and your property for a promise of safety I guess... yet the evidence shows we don't get our money's worth.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I was listening to Cavuto on the way home from work. He had Ben Stein on, who I thought was generally a sharp guy (at least on economics), but Ben went on a rant flip-flopping between saying how he loves the 2nd Amendment and has a lot of guns, to nobody hunts or target shoots with an AR-15... WTH? He also commented that machine-guns were outlawed in the 30's, but they didn't try to ban more guns after that... again, WTH? Guess he doesn't remember the AWB of 1994.

It was really a goofy segment with just Ben railing on AR-15's, and no counterpoint provided.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was listening to Cavuto on the way home from work. He had Ben Stein on, who I thought was generally a sharp guy (at least on economics), but Ben went on a rant flip-flopping between saying how he loves the 2nd Amendment and has a lot of guns, to nobody hunts or target shoots with an AR-15... WTH? He also commented that machine-guns were outlawed in the 30's, but they didn't try to ban more guns after that... again, WTH? Guess he doesn't remember the AWB of 1994.

It was really a goofy segment with just Ben railing on AR-15's, and no counterpoint provided.

I'm a fan of them both. Can't help but notice Neil's anti-gunish manner over the past several days. Ben was just disturbing. "I'm a 2A guy, with a lot of guns. No AR15's though, you cant have them either."

It was disturbing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    LaPierre is speaking at CPAC... being very political, going after intelligence community, speaking ill of the "left"...

The NRA was supposed to be an advocacy group... a bi-partisan movement. I know it's CPAC and all... but it seems like a bad move to make for the broader electorate.

Stick to guns and gun safety... Else they turn into the Right's version of PPFA or some Soros group.

I'm sure there are plenty here that love this, the absolutists that think anyone with a left-leaning idea is the enemy... but this just feels like a move they're going to regret.

Edit:

And a pretty ****ty ad by Colion, disappointing.

https://twitter.com/NRATV/status/966534627522301952

"The mainstream media love mass shootings. I'm going to say it again; the mainstream media love mass shootings…and you, the #MSM, just put out the casting call for the next mass shooter."

This is the left equivalent to saying "gun owners have blood on their hands"... just slandering the character of ideological opponents. Needlessly inflammatory.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ... Compared to a couple of decent lines from Wayne:

"Any American school that needs immediate professional consultation and help... should call the @NRA's School Shield Program. And we will provide immediate assistance and we will also provide it absolutely free."

"Some people think the NRA should just stick to its #2A agenda and not talk about all of our freedoms. But real freedom requires the protection of all of our rights. And a #2A isn’t worth its own words in a country where all individual freedoms are destroyed."

This is the angle to stick with... safety, freedom, liberty... Don't become a partisan arm of a political party. People like guns, regular Americans understand guns... both sides of the aisle. It's harder to appeal to them if you attack them.

Top Bottom