• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

From the article: "You can’t ship a gun to your home, and you can’t download a gun to your e-reader. In states that require background checks on all firearms transfers, there’s simply no legal way to acquire a firearm without going to a gun store."

Well, if it's a really old gun and you have a C&R license, you can indeed have a gun shipped to your home. Thankfully Indiana is not one of the states that require a background check for all firearm transfers (including private sales).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Post in the INGuns subreddit

Employer requiring notification of firearms in vehicle said:
    A policy of my employer states that if weapons (including firearms) remain in my personal vehicle while that vehicle is on company property, that HR and site security must be notified of said weapon in said vehicle. I don't plan on complying (it's not their business what's in my vehicle), but is it legal in the state of indiana for an employer to uphold said policy?

https://www.reddit.com/r/INGuns/comments/h94qzi/employer_requiring_notification_of_firearms_in/

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

This sounds like the "must be unloaded" bull**** from a while back. Do they want to know radio presets? What books that might be in the car? Like with those two examples, none of their damn business.

This is heinous to say the least. The trouble is they'll fire gun owners for whatever bull**** they want because they are pushing an agenda and don't really give a flying **** about the business or how good an employee does their job.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If you don't notify them, they can't fire you for that. The can't infringe. I would just STFU and not have it visible.
    There are federal places of employment which it is illegal to bring firearms on the property, even in your vehicle.

I'm a .gov type, I don't park on .gov property.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This sounds like the "must be unloaded" bull**** from a while back. Do they want to know radio presets? What books that might be in the car? Like with those two examples, none of their damn business.

This is heinous to say the least. The trouble is they'll fire gun owners for whatever bull**** they want because they are pushing an agenda and don't really give a flying **** about the business or how good an employee does their job.
    While true, if someone were to keep any correspondence about the subject showing what is happening, they could possibly make as case for wrongful termination.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Idiots looking at braces again

32e9hpyr3d551.png

Top Bottom